Texas Fishing Forum

Proposition 6 - Could hunting and fishing rights be at risk ?

Posted By: BThomas

Proposition 6 - Could hunting and fishing rights be at risk ? - 10/22/15 01:06 PM

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/2015/10/22/texans-rights-hunt-and-fish-could-risk/74372460/

Upcoming November Election -- Be informed --- Read the full bill to understand what you are voting for.

http://www.votetexas.gov/november-3-2015-constitutional-amendment-election-ballot-language/
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: Proposition 6 - Could hunting and fishing rights be at risk ? - 10/22/15 01:15 PM

“The constitutional amendment recognizing the right of the people to hunt, fish, and harvest wildlife subject to laws that promote wildlife conservation.”

all I saw on it... so vague
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Proposition 6 - Could hunting and fishing rights be at risk ? - 10/22/15 02:36 PM

Rather silly to be up for a vote.

I can go fishing without a licenses and get a ticket or go to jail.

But it is fine for a person to enter Texas illegally from Mexico and work and get free medical and free public education.
Posted By: epicoutdoors

Re: Proposition 6 - Could hunting and fishing rights be at risk ? - 10/22/15 02:47 PM

Originally Posted By: RedRanger

But it is fine for a person to enter Texas illegally from Mexico and work and get free medical and free public education.

Sanctuary states for those that want to fish and hunt "at will" without the government imposing seasons and limits upon them...
Posted By: 04champ

Re: Proposition 6 - Could hunting and fishing rights be at risk ? - 10/22/15 03:56 PM

it seems silly at the time, but it does provide quite a bit of protection for your rights in the future. maybe not your rights, but future generations

someday we may have a more liberal government in Texas. It is a lot harder to change or remove an amendment to the Constitution than it is to pass legislation

it has nothing to do with licenses or limits or seasons, just a protection against the government restricting you from being able to participate in these activities
Posted By: Lou r Pitcher

Re: Proposition 6 - Could hunting and fishing rights be at risk ? - 10/22/15 05:06 PM

Another quickly made jerk action proposal not well thought out. Example, Does not allow safety of the citizens to be considered....no one has any constitutional or other right to be hunting wildlife in my dense populated neighborhood even though a cotton tail rabbit may wander in to our kindergartener's playground.

Re: Proposition 6 - Could hunting and fishing rights be at risk ? - 10/22/15 05:20 PM

it doesn't give that right
Posted By: crowsie14

Re: Proposition 6 - Could hunting and fishing rights be at risk ? - 10/22/15 05:23 PM

Originally Posted By: 04champ
it seems silly at the time, but it does provide quite a bit of protection for your rights in the future. maybe not your rights, but future generations

someday we may have a more liberal government in Texas. It is a lot harder to change or remove an amendment to the Constitution than it is to pass legislation

it has nothing to do with licenses or limits or seasons, just a protection against the government restricting you from being able to participate in these activities

thumb Better for it to be protected than non.
Posted By: crowsie14

Re: Proposition 6 - Could hunting and fishing rights be at risk ? - 10/22/15 05:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Lou r Pitcher
Another quickly made jerk action proposal not well thought out. Example, Does not allow safety of the citizens to be considered....no one has any constitutional or other right to be hunting wildlife in my dense populated neighborhood even though a cotton tail rabbit may wander in to our kindergartener's playground.

It was thought out pretty well i would say, As of 2015, eighteen states have constitutional amendments providing for the right to hunt and fish. Vermont was the first state to constitutionalize such a right in 1777.

State Sen. Brandon Creighton, who introduced the legislation, said:

“ With recent lawsuits across the country successfully denying citizens certain hunting/ fishing rights, our Texas heritage is threatened and needs protection. Our state has an obligation to take a strong stand on this issue."

Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Proposition 6 - Could hunting and fishing rights be at risk ? - 10/22/15 05:36 PM

thumb
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: Proposition 6 - Could hunting and fishing rights be at risk ? - 10/22/15 06:33 PM

Constitutional changes
See also: Article 1, Texas Constitution
The proposed amendment would add a Section 34 to Article 1 of the Texas Constitution.[1] The following text would be added by the proposed measure's approval:

Here is what Prop 6 is stating:

Sec. 34.
(a) The people have the right to hunt, fish, and harvest wildlife, including by the use of traditional methods, subject to laws or regulations to conserve and manage wildlife and preserve the future of hunting and fishing.
(b) Hunting and fishing are preferred methods of managing and controlling wildlife.
(c) This section does not affect any provision of law relating to trespass, property rights, or eminent domain.
(d) This section does not affect the power of the legislature to authorize a municipality to regulate the discharge of a weapon in a populated area in the interest of public safety.[2]

I for one will be voting yes just to cause PETA a brain hemorrhage.
Posted By: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)

Re: Proposition 6 - Could hunting and fishing rights be at risk ? - 10/22/15 07:58 PM

YES
Posted By: Bois d'arc

Re: Proposition 6 - Could hunting and fishing rights be at risk ? - 10/22/15 09:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Lou r Pitcher

Your kidding...right?
Posted By: 361V

Re: Proposition 6 - Could hunting and fishing rights be at risk ? - 10/22/15 10:15 PM

Originally Posted By: RedRanger

Posted By: 361V

Re: Proposition 6 - Could hunting and fishing rights be at risk ? - 10/22/15 10:21 PM

Actually a sad commentary on the state of affairs in the USA that you have to write bills to protect rights you already had but that is where we are at in this age of big brother protecting us from ourselves. Sad but......."YES"!

Re: Proposition 6 - Could hunting and fishing rights be at risk ? - 10/23/15 05:41 PM

Originally Posted By: 361V
Actually a sad commentary on the state of affairs in the USA ...big brother protecting us from ourselves...

Big Brother over run with Progressive politicians pandering to environmentalist groups....bass fishing is a blood sport according to PETA. Seriously, you couldn’t make it up. Well, you could, but people would point at you and say things like “You’re making s*it up!”, and laugh at you. Laughing at PETA is a better idea..that and voting them out of Texas.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Proposition 6 - Could hunting and fishing rights be at risk ? - 10/23/15 06:44 PM

DV-Done voted!

YES!

thumb
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Proposition 6 - Could hunting and fishing rights be at risk ? - 10/23/15 07:59 PM

Fishing and hunting are often considered a privelege, not a right.
Thought this was important 15 yrs ago and am glad that it finally is going to be passed.
Posted By: ifeliciano

Re: Proposition 6 - Could hunting and fishing rights be at risk ? - 10/23/15 09:24 PM

Early voting by personal appearance for the November 3, 2015 Election begins on
October 19, 2015 and ends on October 30, 2015. You may vote at any early voting
location in your county of registration.
Posted By: Grant2

Re: Proposition 6 - Could hunting and fishing rights be at risk ? - 10/24/15 02:59 AM

It's a joke that this is even up for a vote. I can't stand what's happening to our country and the week azz people that believe all the BS these days. Sad part is we only have ourselves to blame for the way our children are being raised these days. We also allowed our government to get to big instead of them working for we the people now they are trying to control everything sad.
Posted By: Tony Clark @ Lake Fork

Re: Proposition 6 - Could hunting and fishing rights be at risk ? - 10/30/15 05:17 PM

PETA must be getting board,Yes I early voted! Proposition 6 – SJR 22

“The constitutional amendment recognizing the right of the people to hunt, fish, and harvest wildlife subject to laws that promote wildlife conservation.”
Posted By: Workfishngolf37

Re: Proposition 6 - Could hunting and fishing rights be at risk ? - 10/30/15 08:12 PM

YES it is at risk. Because people like PETA do not care about fish or deer. It is about the people that tow them boats and mules around the highways. They simple hate our way of life and they will fight to change it. while we are out fishing and hunting enjoying life they are at work coming up with ideas to put a stop to our way of life. Sometime we help them by giving them ideas like littering,having a boat motor leak oil or gas,throwing back dead fish at boat ramp,not being and respectful. A thought just occurred to me. How many PETA member join the hunting and fishing forums to infiltrate. Maybe they need to add a rule to be a member you can not use any information obtained from tff to use in any studies or the PETA.
Posted By: IIIMag

Re: Proposition 6 - Could hunting and fishing rights be at risk ? - 10/30/15 11:48 PM

I early voted today. Yes. No brainer.
Posted By: firetiger

Re: Proposition 6 - Could hunting and fishing rights be at risk ? - 11/03/15 02:33 PM

Last chance to vote today!
Posted By: lizardfliper

Re: Proposition 6 - Could hunting and fishing rights be at risk ? - 11/04/15 03:03 AM

voted yes here as well.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Proposition 6 - Could hunting and fishing rights be at risk ? - 11/04/15 04:44 AM

Last I looked. 83% were yes votes. Something like 600,000 ppl if I read it correctly
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Proposition 6 - Could hunting and fishing rights be at risk ? - 11/04/15 03:17 PM

Prop 6 passed! Very low turn out at the polls.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Proposition 6 - Could hunting and fishing rights be at risk ? - 11/04/15 05:52 PM

If they think they are giving us the right then they also think they can take it away. We should be voting to keep them out of our life. Tin foil or not, what better way to take rights away than making you believe "they" give them to you.

Re: Proposition 6 - Could hunting and fishing rights be at risk ? - 11/04/15 07:45 PM

Originally Posted By: the skipper
If they think they are giving us the right then they also think they can take it away. We should be voting to keep them out of our life. Tin foil or not, what better way to take rights away than making you believe "they" give them to you.

they think that someone else down the line might try to take that right away
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Proposition 6 - Could hunting and fishing rights be at risk ? - 11/04/15 11:14 PM

Originally Posted By: 04champ
Originally Posted By: the skipper

they think that someone else down the line might try to take that right away

Could be. Now they know they can and they are the someone else. I agree with protecting rights but more laws or propositions isn't the way. Keeping government out of it completely is the way.

Re: Proposition 6 - Could hunting and fishing rights be at risk ? - 11/05/15 12:07 AM

It's a Constitutional amendment

Re: Proposition 6 - Could hunting and fishing rights be at risk ? - 11/05/15 04:56 AM

Geez! Its an amendment to the Texas state constitution...protecting Texans from Federal over-reach. The progressive fool politicians in Washington actually believe they have a right to control hunting and fishing activity in Texas. This sends them a clear message...Don't mess with Texas!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum