Texas Fishing Forum

Grapevine lake

Posted By: cpg0030

Grapevine lake - 10/21/15 02:26 PM

Anyone else pretty much striking out at the vine? Been just catching a handful everytime. I'm finding bait shallow but bass haven't for the most part been around.
Posted By: lipjerk

Re: Grapevine lake - 10/21/15 02:36 PM

Nope, lots of bass being caught, most are dinks though.
Posted By: Santonio Banderas

Re: Grapevine lake - 10/21/15 08:00 PM

A ton of them everywhere, caught 13 today, 4 were over 12" ........ A lot of smalls
Posted By: Pufferfish

Re: Grapevine lake - 10/21/15 10:01 PM

Been trying Gravevine a couple weeks now, and mostly small ones. Caught a few really nice cats on a lipless crank! Got a 2lb bass about a week ago. Im thinking of going back to Joe Pool despite the higher fee, and longer drive.
Posted By: Santonio Banderas

Re: Grapevine lake - 10/21/15 10:03 PM

The bigger fish are off shore. I caught a nice little 3lb chunk on a crabkbait in 2ft of water but all other decent fish have come in 10ft and deeper.... Crabkbait and rattle trap work nicely.
Posted By: matt varnadore

Re: Grapevine lake - 10/22/15 01:17 AM

I fished grapevine Sunday. It was a good day for me. I caught lots of bass working the shorelines with a green pumpkin berkley pit boss. The best was 4.5 lbs. I also got into white bass with crankbaits
Posted By: Kevin Bryant

Re: Grapevine lake - 10/22/15 01:48 AM

Originally Posted By: R6crew
The bigger fish are off shore. I caught a nice little 3lb chunk on a crabkbait in 2ft of water but all other decent fish have come in 10ft and deeper.... Crabkbait and rattle trap work nicely.

I've seen the total opposite of this. I think it just depends on area of the lake.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum