Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Ray Roberts

Posted By: dlot08

Lake Ray Roberts - 10/18/15 12:24 AM

Went today and caught 40 fish and as far as I can see we had a great spawn. Alot
of little fish about 10 keepers biggest was about 6 pounds lake is doing well. Found some Hydrilla
for the first time in 8 years. Always been a lot of milfoil nut that is scares right now as well,
But they are biting good if you can make it to ray roberts get out there. I can guide on the weekends. if anyone whats to go out let me know.
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Lake Ray Roberts - 10/18/15 02:06 AM

How much do you charge for gps cor. of the hydrilla?
Posted By: Delvec

Re: Lake Ray Roberts - 10/18/15 02:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad
How much do you charge for gps cor. of the hydrilla?

Some Crankbaits and a smallmouth guided trip thumb
Posted By: cob

Re: Lake Ray Roberts - 10/18/15 02:31 AM

I'm not sure you would know how to act if you were to catch a Smallmouth, Delvec.

Re: Lake Ray Roberts - 10/18/15 02:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Delvec
[quote=Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad]How much do you charge for gps cor. of the hydrilla?

Some Crankbaits and a smallmouth guided trip thumb [/quote

Name the date delvec and your on bud

Re: Lake Ray Roberts - 10/18/15 02:55 AM

If I go with enough people on ray roberts maybe I'll learn how to catch keeper lmb out there

Re: Lake Ray Roberts - 10/18/15 07:03 PM

Let me get a few things cleared up here Gentlemen.

Re: Lake Ray Roberts - 10/18/15 07:11 PM

Originally Posted By: cob
I'm not sure you would know how to act if you were to catch a Smallmouth, Delvec.

Corn on the cob you first. I will act the same way I did last year when I was catching them up in the same area of the lake Brads catchin-em this year. Last year they weighed 1 1/2 lbs. this year they way 3 1/2 lbs. Second thanks to TPWD for stocking them in the lake for us to enjoy. banana

Brad
Your takin me smallmouth fishin I'm not taking you LM fishing Hoss. clap

Re: Lake Ray Roberts - 10/18/15 07:21 PM

Well I'm fine taking you smallie fishing, been catching more spots than smallies though. And smallies have been in roberts for a while and I know most of them didn't come from tpwd.

Delvec it's probably going to be a couple weeks before I will be free to go out, have a trip already planned tomorrow and Friday out there. Plan on working some deeper stuff the next couple trips to see if I can find groups of them instead of the singles up shallow.

Re: Lake Ray Roberts - 10/18/15 09:25 PM

I know where they came from Brad, they got stocked in that area of the lake quite a few years back now. The fish your catching aren't 1st generation fish. I think I seen you on Fri. last week, if so that's where I've been catching them as well. thumb

Just an FYI: cob is an "Ole Buddy" of mine that use to fish up there every now an then. fish
Posted By: get-bit

Re: Lake Ray Roberts - 10/18/15 11:26 PM

You mean smallmouth will do well in Roberts? Huh!!! Somebody should tell the biologist. :):)

Re: Lake Ray Roberts - 10/19/15 12:41 AM

Originally Posted By: get-bit
You mean smallmouth will do well in Roberts? Huh!!! Somebody should tell the biologist. :):)

Dannie lets not let the cat outta the bag, We don't wanna ruffle any feathers @ TPWD. frkazoid
Posted By: adam_p

Re: Lake Ray Roberts - 10/19/15 02:07 AM

Originally Posted By: get-bit

We don't have biologist, we have a politician.
Posted By: HaulinBass02

Re: Lake Ray Roberts - 10/19/15 02:48 AM

So I'm not looking for GPS coordinates or anything but I haven't been to Roberts in a LONG time and am going to go this week with my dad. Where have you been catching the SMB? Creeks on the north end? Some good hints would be nice, not trying to get on anyone's honey holes here...

Re: Lake Ray Roberts - 10/19/15 03:27 AM

I have been catching the few I have caught the last 2 weeks on main lake points, this has also been where I have caught the best fish too. You can go back into any creek in the lake and wear out 8-10" bass though however you want to catch them. Lots of hungry little fish to catch it has gotten to the point for me to try and figure out what baits the little fish won't bite lol.
Posted By: B-rader

Re: Lake Ray Roberts - 10/19/15 02:30 PM

Drum have small mouths right? If so I'm catching the heck outta smallmouths
Posted By: JoeFriday

Re: Lake Ray Roberts - 10/19/15 02:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Brad Hardt
Drum have small mouths right? If so I'm catching the heck outta smallmouths

No joke. I caught one just under 6.5 pounds this past Saturday.
Posted By: HaulinBass02

Re: Lake Ray Roberts - 10/19/15 04:30 PM

I've only caught drum at Ray Roberts. Never anywhere else. It's been a long time since I've been there but I used to catch one EVERY trip out there!
Posted By: txsuperman

Re: Lake Ray Roberts - 10/19/15 04:32 PM

we are catching the hell out of drum on Carolina rigged 5xd's.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Lake Ray Roberts - 10/19/15 05:05 PM

anyone fished those cages?????
Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: Lake Ray Roberts - 10/19/15 05:08 PM

Originally Posted By: txsuperman
we are catching the hell out of drum on Carolina rigged 5xd's.

I thought you were fishing the 5XD's on A Rigs??
Posted By: EastTexasBassin

Re: Lake Ray Roberts - 10/19/15 07:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.

roflmao
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Lake Ray Roberts - 10/19/15 07:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.

Now dammit leave my cage alone . It is not hurting nobody just sitting there.

Re: Lake Ray Roberts - 10/20/15 03:30 AM

Man that's why I didn't catch a big one today I didn't go hit the cages, fished main lake points again today probably boated 30 fish mostly shorts, 4 or 5 keepers no real size though might have had 10-12lbs best 5 most fish came in 4ft or less today for me.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum