Texas Fishing Forum

Mercury DFI Oil?

Posted By: 361V

Mercury DFI Oil? - 10/15/15 09:29 PM

Two questions: Is all Merc DFI Oil synthetic? Went by Tracker Marine on 35W south of Ft Worth. I have never bought Merc DFI oil in factory packaging. Noticed that it was synthetic. Is that the only specific "DFI" oil merc sells? I have always bought from Rockwall Marine in their unlabeled bottles. Didn't know it was synthetic. $24 a gallon from Rockwall. The packaged Optimax DFI synthetic at Tracker Marine was almost $50 a gallon. 2nd question: anyone know a fair price closer to Glen Rose for the DFI oil(south Ft Worth). Thanks 361v.
Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: Mercury DFI Oil? - 10/15/15 09:32 PM

Sounds like you have been purchasing synthetic blend. 24$ is supper cheap for any quality 2smoke oil.
Posted By: Brian Schuler

Re: Mercury DFI Oil? - 10/15/15 10:31 PM

Tommy at Rockwall Marine has always been more than fair on his DFI Oil price when you buy it in bulk. The DFI Oil is a semi synthetic blend, not 100% synthetic. Very few true 100% synthetic two stroke oils out there. The big difference in the DFI and the Premium Plus is the clean burn additive package added to the oil.

Brian
Posted By: bbassfishes

Re: Mercury DFI Oil? - 10/16/15 02:45 AM

I have to get it from the Academy on Bryant Irving. It's the quicksilver brand and it usually runs $40 dollars a gallon. DFI is indeed synthetic, thus the extra cost. I've asked everyone and their mom to carry it in Granbury and they always say they will order it and never do. mad

Amazon would be your next best bet, you can get it for around 35 on there and just wait for it to be shipped, rather than making the trip to FTW.
Posted By: JimmyP

Re: Mercury DFI Oil? - 10/16/15 04:38 AM

I looked at both brands I have in the shop. Quicksilver and Mercury DFI oil says on the bottle that they are a synthetic blend. They state that there is an additive package for a cleaner burn added that makes them superior for all DFI engines. Not gonna argue about it but if Tommy is selling DFI oil for $24 then that would be the place to buy it or have a buddy buy you some on his way thru. That price cannot be beat.
Posted By: DwPorter

Re: Mercury DFI Oil? - 10/16/15 06:12 AM

You can buy dfi oil at fun in sun in Cleburne on south main.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Mercury DFI Oil? - 10/16/15 10:57 AM

Thanks all. Called Rockwall Marine to make sure I was remembering it correct. DFI bulk is $24 a gallon. Will just make the trip & buy lots. FYI to those who don't know: "in bulk" does not mean you have to come with a big container. They package it in their own unlabeled "milk jugs" by the gallon also. Obviously a price I can't even come close to matching anywhere.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum