Texas Fishing Forum

Getting the hollow body frog going

Posted By: jafish

Getting the hollow body frog going - 10/15/15 01:38 AM

My bud and myself were talking on the way home from the lake today. We want to go hollow body frog fishing. We don't want to just go anywhere and don't know how good a judge on the subject we would be. We're looking for the top spot in Texas for frog walking and poping as per the TFF members. Out here were we live there are rocks,cactus and things with fangs around our banks.
Posted By: Leaky211

Re: Getting the hollow body frog going - 10/15/15 01:50 AM

Amistad is where that thing was made for. Absolute most violent strikes you can't imagine. They will torpedo out of mats so thick you can't get your boat up to get them. Not too terribly far from Lubbock. We used to try and go every other weekend when we were in college there.
Posted By: fish 4 5

Re: Getting the hollow body frog going - 10/15/15 01:51 AM

Coffeemill lake up north of Bonham is the best all day frog lake around here. Half the lake is covered in Lilly pads. 4-7 foot of water. Need big braid to get me out. Open tourney there this Saturday. I will be there. Too much fun to misss
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Getting the hollow body frog going - 10/15/15 01:53 AM

Amistad is full of grass matts and good fish right now?
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Getting the hollow body frog going - 10/15/15 01:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
Amistad is full of grass matts and good fish right now?

20 years ago...... get over here to east texas if you wanna get on some frog fish.
Posted By: coachmas

Re: Getting the hollow body frog going - 10/15/15 01:59 AM

I had great day at Rayburn a while back not sure if it's still on or not. Fished daylight until 1:30, early weighin for 2-day, and left them biting. Had 14 fish in the boat, had 4 more come unbuttoned half way to the boat and lost 3 good fish in the grass. Had several other blowups that didn't hook up. Guy in the front had 12-15 bites as well. Coach
Posted By: Leaky211

Re: Getting the hollow body frog going - 10/15/15 02:03 AM

It's not like it was but there's some grass making a comeback.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Getting the hollow body frog going - 10/15/15 01:51 PM

they work well in open water too.
Posted By: moto382

Re: Getting the hollow body frog going - 10/15/15 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By: fish 4 5
Coffeemill lake up north of Bonham is the best all day frog lake around here. Half the lake is covered in Lilly pads. 4-7 foot of water. Need big braid to get me out. Open tourney there this Saturday. I will be there. Too much fun to misss

I was there Tuesday lake is low right now and and real muddy! They are still working on the road.
Posted By: Jaguar6

Re: Getting the hollow body frog going - 10/15/15 03:49 PM

Athens frog fishing is top notch!
Posted By: BassFisher317

Re: Getting the hollow body frog going - 10/15/15 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaguar6
Athens frog fishing is top notch!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum