Texas Fishing Forum

Joe Pool

Posted By: Thunderbolt

Joe Pool - 10/14/15 07:20 PM

Hey guys,
I taking my 6 yr boy out fishing on Joe Pool this Saturday in the kid tournament. I haven't bass fished in many yrs and I've never been on Joe Pool. Would anyone be as kind to give me some pointers on the lake. He's not big enough to fish soft plastic yet so I was thinking about buzz baits, spinnerbaits and crankbaits. Any info on the lake is appreciated. Feel free to PM me also.

Thanks,
Weston
Posted By: TxFisherman03

Re: Joe Pool - 10/14/15 07:55 PM

Cranks, shallow...
Posted By: musiclife_7

Re: Joe Pool - 10/14/15 08:31 PM

Take a ride around to the East side of Estes park...if you have electronics you will see 2 deeper creeks. Fish them with squarebills, spinnerbaits and a top water. If he can cast, tie on a texas rig blue flek power worm and throw shallow.

This past weekend we probably landed 50+ fish up to 4lbs in about 6 hours....good luck

Re: Joe Pool - 10/14/15 08:52 PM

Thanks guys!
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Joe Pool - 10/15/15 12:01 AM

A black and chartreuse square bill has been doing good for me. Keep a spoon tied on if you catch them schooling. Been tearing it up with the spoon and he'll have no problems hooking them.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Joe Pool - 10/15/15 12:11 AM

Yep. Caught 3 overs and about 20 slots Sunday fishing a drop shot on the main lake. It was ROUGH water though. If it's like last weekend, it probably wouldn't be wise to take a young one out for that experience. Lol.

Don't know the exact coordinates of my spots. They are known as "way points 0291-0312" on my nav. Lol

But they are all main lake. No coves, creeks, tree stump stuff here.

I use a drop shot rig spooled with 20lb Samurai braid to a 8lb InvixX leader. A number two VMC spin shot hook and nose hook an Aaron's Pro Magic straight tail robo. All spots are in at least 30'FOW.
Posted By: FishamanSquatch

Re: Joe Pool - 10/15/15 12:42 AM

How do you sign up for the kids tournament?
Posted By: Brandon Adamcik

Re: Joe Pool - 10/15/15 01:36 AM

Check out the tournament section. Tourney and kid event info are side by side.

Re: Joe Pool - 10/15/15 01:51 AM

PM sent
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum