Texas Fishing Forum

Squaw creek in pond (bass) buster

Posted By: mrhtx

Squaw creek in pond (bass) buster - 10/10/15 10:16 PM

Has anyone ever fished it in this style of small boat and if so do I still need to pre register and is the admission same as big boat at $ 30 wanting to fish in morning or if anyone would happen to know other area lakes where the bite is decent and fishing out of a bass buster would be good as in trying to cover all water and search for fish is limited with this style any info would be much appreciated for this catch n release guy
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Squaw creek in pond (bass) buster - 10/11/15 12:31 AM

Hopefully the alligator does not climb in with you. I would think the 30 would apply
Posted By: meP2too

Re: Squaw creek in pond (bass) buster - 10/11/15 01:42 AM

Back in the late nineties I fished Squaw quite a bit out of a Buster Boat. I learned the north end very well.

Just about any lake can be fished out of Buster Boat, while re-cooperating from major back surgery I sold my BassCat and went back to a BusterBoat and had a great time. During that year I fished Athens, Mill Creek, Palestine, Fork, Holbrook, Monticello, Welsh, Brandy Branch, Ray Roberts and my home lake White Rock. Both times I've owned the small boats I had a 4 hp gas motor, so I could cover some water. You just need to pick a ramp near fishing areas that should be good based on the seasonal patterns.
Posted By: mrhtx

Re: Squaw creek in pond (bass) buster - 10/11/15 03:14 AM

What's a weighing I sure appreciate the concern and and even more the info.....mep2 thanks for reply I sure to enjoy the small boat and all the tight places I'm able to get in it I am just running troll motor for now and like fishing new places all over.. Any suggestions on where there is a decent bite right now?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum