Texas Fishing Forum

Balog on Bass Pros and Sponsorsships

Posted By: fouzman

Balog on Bass Pros and Sponsorsships - 10/09/15 03:25 PM

http://www.bassfan.com/opinion_article/1345/mandatory-sponsorships#.VhfbDOxViko

Might anger a few, but Balog is typically pretty good at a non-nonsense perspective. Gotta say I agree with his position on sponsorships. As for a pro figuring out how to really attract sponsor dollars like Duck Commander, I think MLF has done a pretty good job of it.
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: Balog on Bass Pros and Sponsorsships - 10/09/15 04:39 PM

Good read, there's plenty of sponsor money in this vertical. It's just spread across three professional properties, hundreds of regional/local trails/events, hundreds of professional anglers and thousands of pro staffers in both freshwater and saltwater.
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Balog on Bass Pros and Sponsorsships - 10/09/15 05:03 PM

Very good read. Thanks for posting.
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Balog on Bass Pros and Sponsorsships - 10/09/15 05:55 PM

Good read. I ended up reading all the survey posts as well and there was some nice information. Thanks for posting!
Posted By: TallBaldCypress

Re: Balog on Bass Pros and Sponsorsships - 10/10/15 12:35 PM

LOL @ Unions! Could hardly finish after I read that most pros would like a union.
Posted By: David Gillham

Re: Balog on Bass Pros and Sponsorsships - 10/10/15 09:16 PM

Pros saying the problem is a lack of sponsorship dollars. What I see as the problem for guys fishing the top level is sponsorship has become a necessity to survive. Each year there are just a few that could have made it on tournament winnings. Unions will not change that fact. There's a lot of issues making it tougher for these guys but complaining about lack of sponsorship dollars isn't the answer.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum