Texas Fishing Forum

Bassinbilly looking for Disabled Veterans for Dec 5th Falcon Lake

Posted By: BassinBilly

Bassinbilly looking for Disabled Veterans for Dec 5th Falcon Lake - 10/06/15 04:55 AM

Ok ladies and gents as some of you know I do this every year and this year will be no different even though I haven't been spending much time in Zapata. This is something near and dear to my heart.
This year will be special I have already picked up 5 volunteers that are going to take a disabled veteran fishing on the weekend of the 5th of December.
If you are or know of someone that qualifies for this trip and can make it please reach out to me via this thread or a private message. In the past this has been one of the most rewarding projects I have participated in. I know Veterans day is more than a month away, but I wanted to get this thread up early so planning could take place. I expect that I will pick up a few more boats to take Vets out so stay tuned.
Posted By: slim1

Re: Bassinbilly looking for Disabled Veterans for Dec 5th Falcon Lake - 10/06/15 11:52 AM

flag flag flag
Thank you very much for what you do for the Vets.
Posted By: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)

Re: Bassinbilly looking for Disabled Veterans for Dec 5th Falcon Lake - 10/06/15 12:39 PM

Awesome Billy, sorry we missed you the weekend we were there.

Re: Bassinbilly looking for Disabled Veterans for Dec 5th Falcon Lake - 10/06/15 08:21 PM

Ok Gents got my 1st donation for the Vets. Wes the owner of Impact Oilfield services will provide briskets, He has also volunteered to take a vet out.

Re: Bassinbilly looking for Disabled Veterans for Dec 5th Falcon Lake - 10/06/15 10:01 PM

Picked up another volunteer as a boater. Now all we need is some Veterans:) We have 6 spots open as of now and I expect that to grow.

Re: Bassinbilly looking for Disabled Veterans for Dec 5th Falcon Lake - 10/06/15 11:42 PM

Just picked up anther boat, We are going to open it up to all Veterans, but disabled Vets will have priority

Re: Bassinbilly looking for Disabled Veterans for Dec 5th Falcon Lake - 10/08/15 02:54 PM

Still have 6 openings

Re: Bassinbilly looking for Disabled Veterans for Dec 5th Falcon Lake - 10/08/15 05:27 PM

4 openings left now
Posted By: Jersey Dan

Re: Bassinbilly looking for Disabled Veterans for Dec 5th Falcon Lake - 10/09/15 12:22 AM

Great stuff as usual Billy. Class Act.
Posted By: blueduck

Re: Bassinbilly looking for Disabled Veterans for Dec 5th Falcon Lake - 10/09/15 12:25 AM

Billy, check your PM..
Dick
Posted By: Creekhead

Re: Bassinbilly looking for Disabled Veterans for Dec 5th Falcon Lake - 10/09/15 03:51 AM

Billy, I spoke with Jim at Wounded Warrior Project. Please send him an email as he can assist and getting some warriors out there, I am sure they would love the opportunity. Please email Jim at jroos@woundedwarriorproject.org with details if there are still spots remaining.

Re: Bassinbilly looking for Disabled Veterans for Dec 5th Falcon Lake - 10/12/15 01:05 AM

3 more spots, but I think I have another 3 boaters the community is coming together to make this something special. I will put everything together and update tomorrow.
Posted By: 03svtsnakevert

Re: Bassinbilly looking for Disabled Veterans for Dec 5th Falcon Lake - 10/12/15 04:42 AM

Good on ya billy!!!
Posted By: Nutman

Re: Bassinbilly looking for Disabled Veterans for Dec 5th Falcon Lake - 10/12/15 12:22 PM

Billy;
check your PM box

Re: Bassinbilly looking for Disabled Veterans for Dec 5th Falcon Lake - 10/28/15 01:42 PM

We now have 9 boaters and I anticipate even more coming on board. I have had volunteers all the way from Oklahoma
Posted By: airforcefishin

Re: Bassinbilly looking for Disabled Veterans for Dec 5th Falcon Lake - 10/28/15 03:15 PM

Had the pleasure of experiencing this trip a few years back, Billy worked his tail off and put me on my PB and some donkies! Billy is a heck of a guy and I now have the pleasure of calling him a good friend. This will be a great trip for some vets!

Re: Bassinbilly looking for Disabled Veterans for Dec 5th Falcon Lake - 10/28/15 05:08 PM

So Billy;
we gonna have a mini tournament of some kind ?
By-the-way......I'll have plenty of nuts and cinnamon sugared pecans for each boat.
Posted By: Rhino68W

Re: Bassinbilly looking for Disabled Veterans for Dec 5th Falcon Lake - 10/28/15 05:35 PM

Billy contact the guys at Heroes on the Water. They will definitely get you some more contacts.
Posted By: NekidTackle

Re: Bassinbilly looking for Disabled Veterans for Dec 5th Falcon Lake - 10/28/15 11:00 PM

Originally Posted By: BassinBilly
Ok ladies and gents as some of you know I do this every year and this year will be no different even though I haven't been spending much time in Zapata. This is something near and dear to my heart.
This year will be special I have already picked up 5 volunteers that are going to take a disabled veteran fishing on the weekend of the 5th of December.
If you are or know of someone that qualifies for this trip and can make it please reach out to me via this thread or a private message. In the past this has been one of the most rewarding projects I have participated in. I know Veterans day is more than a month away, but I wanted to get this thread up early so planning could take place. I expect that I will pick up a few more boats to take Vets out so stay tuned.

Hi Billy,
My family and company would be honored to donate a 5.5" RonRig and 10 1/8 oz RonJig with a 3/0 Eagle Claw 635 hook for each Veteran, The RonJigs are powder painted white, and will be dipped in UV blast. The 5.5" Colorado Blade RonRig is great for cold water fishing.

Please let me know if this would be ok, and if so how many Veterans will be participating and shipping information.

View 5.5" RonRig with Colorado Blade
View RonJig's with 3/0 Eagle Claw Hook

Re: Bassinbilly looking for Disabled Veterans for Dec 5th Falcon Lake - 10/28/15 11:46 PM

If you want to save the money on shipping those Ronrigs let me know.
I'd be happy to meet up with you in Dallas or Lewisville and deliver them to Billy.
I am going down on Friday Dec 4 with my son who is a Iraq Vet and can drop them off with Billy along with nuts for the boats.

Re: Bassinbilly looking for Disabled Veterans for Dec 5th Falcon Lake - 10/29/15 03:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Nutman
If you want to save the money on shipping those Ronrigs let me know.
I'd be happy to meet up with you in Dallas or Lewisville and deliver them to Billy.
I am going down on Friday Dec 4 with my son who is a Iraq Vet and can drop them off with Billy along with nuts for the boats.

Sure, once I get the total, I will contact you.
Thanks for giving your time, I also work with an organization, and wow talk about gratifying.
Ron
Posted By: blueduck

Re: Bassinbilly looking for Disabled Veterans for Dec 5th Falcon Lake - 11/01/15 06:30 PM

Billy always goes out of his way with this event, and wish him the best!

Re: Bassinbilly looking for Disabled Veterans for Dec 5th Falcon Lake - 11/09/15 05:22 PM

I have been busting my tail with my new gig and can't wait to get back down to Falcon for this event. It is the highlight of my year, I am excited for all the boaters to get to share in the experience and the Veterans will have a blast. Had some guys staying at my place this weekend and they caught a ton of fish.

Re: Bassinbilly looking for Disabled Veterans for Dec 5th Falcon Lake - 11/11/15 01:29 PM

Happy Veterans Day!!!

Re: Bassinbilly looking for Disabled Veterans for Dec 5th Falcon Lake - 11/11/15 02:21 PM

Billy;
How many boats and fishermen are you going to have ?
Got to start putting the NUT packages together.
Also have to get with Ron from Nekid Tackle on his lures.
text or call me
Bruce
Posted By: Vetbassman

Re: Bassinbilly looking for Disabled Veterans for Dec 5th Falcon Lake - 11/14/15 02:17 PM

Billy,
Thanks you so much for putting on this event for our Veterans.
Posted By: Sober up

Re: Bassinbilly looking for Disabled Veterans for Dec 5th Falcon Lake - 11/14/15 04:31 PM

God bless you Billy

Re: Bassinbilly looking for Disabled Veterans for Dec 5th Falcon Lake - 11/16/15 03:34 PM

Can I get confirmation via pm's or post it here of the Veterans and boaters headed down for the weekend. I am trying to get them together between TFF and my Facebook page.
Posted By: A Little Closer to Nowhere

Re: Bassinbilly looking for Disabled Veterans for Dec 5th Falcon Lake - 11/17/15 08:44 PM

Pm sent

Re: Bassinbilly looking for Disabled Veterans for Dec 5th Falcon Lake - 11/20/15 09:52 PM

Hey Ron;
I am headed to South Texas from Athens on Wednesday 11-25.
I will be going to OKC from Ft. Worth Monday 11-23 about 1pm up I-35West & coming back to Athens from OKC thru Dallas on Tuesday 11-24 about 4pm.
if you want to get me the lures you mentioned for Billy's Veteran fishing outing.
I am also available this weekend.

PM me or text 281-455-8323

Re: Bassinbilly looking for Disabled Veterans for Dec 5th Falcon Lake - 11/22/15 07:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Nutman
Hey Ron;
I am headed to South Texas from Athens on Wednesday 11-25.
I will be going to OKC from Ft. Worth Monday 11-23 about 1pm up I-35West & coming back to Athens from OKC thru Dallas on Tuesday 11-24 about 4pm.
if you want to get me the lures you mentioned for Billy's Veteran fishing outing.
I am also available this weekend.

PM me or text 281-455-8323

Billy just confirmed, I am building now.
I sent you my address and contact info, many thanks for what you are doing.
Regards,
Ron
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum