Texas Fishing Forum

Lake fork info?

Posted By: Kevin R.

Lake fork info? - 10/04/15 09:34 PM

I am planning a trip to fork in a few weeks. I've only been on fork 3 or 4 times and don't know very much area. I've only launched at the 515 bridge across from AJ's and fished just within 4 miles of the launch. I'm looking for new areas to try and learn. Any help in where to launch and where to try would be appreciated!!
Posted By: bbexotics

Re: Lake fork info? - 10/04/15 09:59 PM

Try Mustang resort launch ramp.You are within 4 of the best dives close by
Posted By: Kelleys Lake Fork Cottage B&B

Re: Lake fork info? - 10/04/15 10:59 PM

Lakes turning over now.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Lake fork info? - 10/04/15 11:50 PM

I like the Birch Creek area,the 515 launch is good or the Rainswood ramp would be good as well. Mustang Resort and Popes have good ramps and are located in areas of good fishing. If you wanna try the east arm there are good ramps at The Minnow Bucket as well as at Oak Ridge, there is a public ramp on the South end of 154 and the North end of 515 bridges. Hope this helps and good luck.

Re: Lake fork info? - 10/05/15 09:49 AM

Thanks for the info, I'll be studying a map and will be looking at those areas.
Posted By: Rhino68W

Re: Lake fork info? - 10/05/15 05:37 PM

Mustang x2
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Lake fork info? - 10/05/15 08:24 PM

Mustang Resort and Popes have good ramps and are located in areas of good fishing.
Big and Little Mustang, and Williams are three great fishing areas. The boat lanes are marked well,
and any where out of the boat lanes is pretty good fishin and "idle only" speed.
Great to get out of the north/south wind if ya have to,..enjoy.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Lake fork info? - 10/05/15 10:05 PM

Go east and launch at the 515 East bridge. You have a ton of options both north and South there. Glade, Running Creek, Long Branch, Coon, Possum, Alligator, etc. There are spots you can fish both deep and shallow and lots of different pockets to pick from. In 2-3 weeks the turn over will be done and I bet you will have a good shot at some good frog fishing.
Posted By: Laser

Re: Lake fork info? - 10/05/15 10:44 PM

I would get me Lance Vick boat lanes card and then you can get around with confidence.
Go pretty much where you want.

Re: Lake fork info? - 10/06/15 12:40 AM

I've tried a map card in my small humminbird unit and it wouldn't read. I also did the update and my unit stoped reading depth and lost most of the gps stuff. I had to go back to the defalt. I need to find all these places on my paper map and study.
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Zach Hughes

Re: Lake fork info? - 10/06/15 01:21 AM

Put in somewhere close to the dam! Minnow Bucket, Oak Ridge, or Chaney. Lots of suspended schooling fish in those areas. Most of our fish have been coming off points adjacent to big creeks where the shad are pushing into. Swimbaits, top waters, or flukes worked through schooling fish will keep you busy all day. Hope this helps and good luck
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Lake fork info? - 10/06/15 01:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Zach Hughes
Put in somewhere close to the dam! Minnow Bucket, Oak Ridge, or Chaney. Lots of suspended schooling fish in those areas. Most of our fish have been coming off points adjacent to big creeks where the shad are pushing into. Swimbaits, top waters, or flukes worked through schooling fish will keep you busy all day. Hope this helps and good luck

Ding, Ding, Ding... We have a Winner!
Posted By: Evan O'Brien

Re: Lake fork info? - 10/06/15 01:56 AM

Kevin,
Feel free send me a PM or give me a call before you're coming. I'll tell you what I know about the bite at that time. I haven't been able to stay on the fish like I used to lately, but hopefully that will change by then.

If I'm in town - you're welcome to swing by the house and I'll help break down some areas with you if you'd like.. If not that's fine, too. cheers
Posted By: meP2too

Re: Lake fork info? - 10/06/15 02:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Chris G
Go east and launch at the 515 East bridge. You have a ton of options both north and South there. Glade, Running Creek, Long Branch, Coon, Possum, Alligator, etc. There are spots you can fish both deep and shallow and lots of different pockets to pick from. In 2-3 weeks the turn over will be done and I bet you will have a good shot at some good frog fishing.

I second this, also do not over think it, it is fall. Fish should be following the shad up the creeks, secondary points and bends near the bank. If you find yourself near the dam take a look at Chaney Creek, lots of structure in a small area.

Re: Lake fork info? - 10/06/15 09:40 AM

Lots more great info! Thanks!! I've never done very good on fork, I hope I can change that.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum