Texas Fishing Forum

Cold front

Posted By: Justin Shelton

Cold front - 10/02/15 07:08 PM

Do y'all think this cold front will have an effect on the fishing ? Jw since it isn't major
Posted By: snickers

Re: Cold front - 10/02/15 10:32 PM

yes it will make fishing better.
Originally Posted By: Justin Shelton
Do y'all think this cold front will have an effect on the fishing ? Jw since it isn't major
Posted By: Bass98

Re: Cold front - 10/02/15 10:43 PM

Well I'm going to say it will make it a lot better cause I'm going in the morning and I'm ready to catch some.
Posted By: Capt Jerry

Re: Cold front - 10/02/15 11:18 PM

I just got off the lake at Cedar Creek, and I would say it is a little slower today.... but still good. Go shallow!
Posted By: Phototex

Re: Cold front - 10/03/15 01:17 AM

I think it might well help, and it's so minor that I don't think it will hurt anything - not at all. Hope so, anyway!
Posted By: ChrisPowellFishing

Re: Cold front - 10/03/15 03:23 AM

I would Say it would make it Better!! the fish have been Stuck in hot water all summer, so this cold Front should turn them on some
Posted By: joel rich

Re: Cold front - 10/03/15 03:30 AM

Fished all day no fish !! I say the front hurt the fishing ! We caught about 20 on Monday !

Re: Cold front - 10/03/15 03:49 AM

Maybe your fish just moved Joel, Fall is the time of year where fish Key in on shad, they Follow and Chase Shad in and out of Creeks, and Coves. Find the Bait and you Will find the Fish. My Wife and I Caught 25 last sunday at the Mouth of a Large Cove, i went back Wedensday and the school of fish that we had found on sunday had moved almost a mile up in to the Cove. i m going back on sunday and i wouldnt be surprised if the Bass have Chased the shad all the way back out to the main lake. Bass are not sticking to Cover or structure for long periods of time During fall. some schools of bass will use big balls of Bait fish for shade this time year and move several Hundred yards within the hour. hope this helps
Posted By: RangerBass21

Re: Cold front - 10/03/15 03:51 AM

They putting on their feed bags until it gets winter then don't move until pre spawn

Re: Cold front - 10/03/15 04:05 AM

Thats funny because I Caught almost 20 this past Wednesday in 3-6ft of water. The sunday before that i Caught 25 in the same Cove in 22-28FT of water. and the sad part is i missed a lot of fish and had more Bass follow my swim bait up to the boat then i Caught. I really think that Bass just Chase bait around. and they go where ever the Bait fish go this time I dont think the bass Care much with the deep of water the bait fish are in.
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: Cold front - 10/03/15 04:40 AM

I think the cold front will make it worst before it gets better. It will cause the turnover to continue which will murky up the lake & get tougher. Once the lake stables out it will get much better. Like what was said earlier key on Shad.
Posted By: wagonwheel

Re: Cold front - 10/03/15 11:19 AM

It is the change in the barometric pressure that affects the fish (my understanding/opinion). The pressure generally drops as the cold front passes. It takes a few days for the fish to recover from the pressure drop. So, it depends on how much the pressure drops on whether or not, or to what degree, the fish are effected.
Posted By: EastTexasBassin

Re: Cold front - 10/03/15 01:22 PM

Caught em yesterday in the same areas as last week, but they wouldn't hit moving baits at all. Was catching them on cranks, topwaters, and jerkbaits last week. Yesterday they were hitting wacky rigged senkos and trick worms.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum