Texas Fishing Forum

Beaver's Bend fishing

Posted By: Samuel Ragle

Beaver's Bend fishing - 09/29/15 07:10 AM

Hey guy I am going on a trip to beavers bend this weekend and am wondering if the river there is good for bass or only trout? And i heard that in OK even at the state parks you have to have a OK fishing license. can anybody here confirm that?
Posted By: shotgunwilly

Re: Beaver's Bend fishing - 09/29/15 01:14 PM

Yes you need a license. I've seen some giant bass in the river too. And caught a few really good ones.
Posted By: Bissett

Re: Beaver's Bend fishing - 09/29/15 02:13 PM

Last time I was down there (a few years ago) we were trout fishing with a small crawdad crankbait. We ended up catching a few nice smallies up to 3 pounds. I would also try a shaky head with a speed craw in the deeper pools. I didn't try this there but it has definitely worked for me in other similar streams
Posted By: Anchorman

Re: Beaver's Bend fishing - 09/29/15 02:24 PM

License...YES. And they changed the non-resident license this year. In years past a 3 day was available which was perfect if you only need it for a weekend. Now they only have single day license. Oe or a season license. By the time you buy 3 single day you might as well have the season. Which is a crock. OK non-resident game laws and licensing is the worst of any state the country. Especially for youth.

Good luck on the river. I've always targeted the bream and trout. I like to use a ultra light with an inline spinner like a rooster tail. You can catch dozens of bream and small bass. I've never caught a bass of any size at all out of the river but that don't mean they aren't there. I'm sure if you target them you can find them.
Posted By: Anchorman

Re: Beaver's Bend fishing - 09/29/15 02:26 PM

One more thing....If you use a stringer you must have your name on it. I got checked by a warden and had a couple of fish on a stringer and did not have mine tagged. He was cool about it and let me tag it with my name but he could have written me up.
Posted By: txbassnewbie

Re: Beaver's Bend fishing - 09/29/15 03:08 PM

they have Non resident 6 day pass for $35

but if your going to fish multiple times for the rest of 2015 then the $55 2015 year license is the one to get
Posted By: TarponFly

Re: Beaver's Bend fishing - 09/29/15 04:00 PM

If you're fishing the river, I've been seeing lots of good bass, from Beavers Bend fly shop all the way down stream to the powerhouse. The fly shop bridge and the powerhouse bridge downstream, I have seen a bunch of good bass over 4 pounds hugging the stop logs where the water goes over and under the bridge. Having a kayak or one man pontoon boat will get you closer to structure. In the last couple of weeks I have seen two fish definitely over 7/8 pounds. One of them was at the powerhouse bridge upstream side hugging the railroad ties, a.k.a. stop logs. In November or December they would pull out the stoplights to make the river upstream shallower to kill all the weeds. When that happens the fish are even easier. Almost every day I have a bass follow my trout to the bank that I'm fighting. Lots of good smallmouth to 3 pounds from the powerhouse down the zone II dam. They dropped the walleye size limit to 14 inches. And there are a lot of them. One of my buddies Denny, got an 8 pound walleye about a month ago. They are mostly nocturnal, so when I'm targeting them I start at 9 PM And I'll stop at sunup. Rapalas in clown, and silver and black. Right after they turn the gates off when they are generating, is one of the best times to be there. Also a white 4-5 inch White grub on a 1/16 ounce chartreuse jig head with a White grub on a 1/16 ounce chartreuse Jig Head. Slowroll that along the bottom of foot up and you will find one of those walleye or sauger to slam your lure. Not to mention they stock over 2000 trout every two weeks. Most of the trout are around 3 pounds. 15 to 18 inches long

In-line spinners white, silver, chartreuse 4 to 6 pound fishing line mono. That will put a couple trout on the grill for you. One 16th oz spinners. Or bump a salmon egg along the bottom with a small Splitshot just enough to get it to the bottom. Again 4 to 6 pound line for the trout. The water is almost closed caree or bump a salmon egg along the bottom with a small split shot just enough to get it to the bottom. Again 4 to 6 pound line for the trout. The water is almost Crystal clear. I would highly recommend florocarbon
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum