Texas Fishing Forum

Black Bass Lake LBJ

Posted By: Cedar Chopper's Grandson

Black Bass Lake LBJ - 09/27/15 03:38 PM

Lake LBJ black bass

My wife and I spend a week fishing LBJ once or twice a year. We generally fish the Colorado, Llano, and maybe a mile or so toward the main lake...We catch enough fish to make it fun. Recently while there we noticed there was a tournament on the lake somewhere. During the day we also noticed very few tournament fishermen in out part of the lake. That evening we checked the internet and found how some BIG fish were caught during the day. I must assume they were caught somewhere in the larger part of the lake...NOT where we normally fish. So, here is my question or request. We need some ideas on how to fish the other part of the lake . I have good maps and the boat has GPS. I just don't really know where to start. If you would like to share a couple of good spots and maybe techniques or bait types, that would be awesome! Thanks
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Black Bass Lake LBJ - 09/27/15 04:23 PM

Me too!
Posted By: Chris Coufal

Re: Black Bass Lake LBJ - 09/27/15 04:57 PM

^^^^^^ This guy roflmao
Posted By: GregMKJr

Re: Black Bass Lake LBJ - 09/28/15 01:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Cedar Chopper's Grandson
Lake LBJ black bass

My wife and I spend a week fishing LBJ once or twice a year. We generally fish the Colorado, Llano, and maybe a mile or so toward the main lake...We catch enough fish to make it fun. Recently while there we noticed there was a tournament on the lake somewhere. During the day we also noticed very few tournament fishermen in out part of the lake. That evening we checked the internet and found how some BIG fish were caught during the day. I must assume they were caught somewhere in the larger part of the lake...NOT where we normally fish. So, here is my question or request. We need some ideas on how to fish the other part of the lake . I have good maps and the boat has GPS. I just don't really know where to start. If you would like to share a couple of good spots and maybe techniques or bait types, that would be awesome! Thanks

LBJ host a lot of tournaments. Nobody is likely to share you much information openly. If you want to learn a particular lake it is common to hire a guide. LBJ fishes like any lake. Find the bait the fish are concentrating on and you will find the fish. Hire a guide.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Black Bass Lake LBJ - 09/28/15 03:44 AM

Grass or brush piles
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum