Texas Fishing Forum

One last trip to Lake Tyler for a while, moving to Canyon Lake

Posted By: JerryC

One last trip to Lake Tyler for a while, moving to Canyon Lake - 09/26/15 10:02 AM

I'm gonna make one last trip to Lake Tyler today,
We are moving to a new home on Canyon Lake next week.
I'm looking forward to not having to drive so much for work,
but not so excited about leaving East Texas fishing.

Going to miss East Texas been here a long time!

Anybody have any tips for Canyon Lake?
Posted By: bhsmith

Re: One last trip to Lake Tyler for a while, moving to Canyon Lake - 09/26/15 06:05 PM

Not an easy lake to fish in day time, topwater usually good in fall. Cranks and Carolina rigs and drop shots are good bait choices. Lots of ledges to explore. Get to know Tom Creek. Good luck.
Bobby
Posted By: Tony Maynard

Re: One last trip to Lake Tyler for a while, moving to Canyon Lake - 09/26/15 11:54 PM

Good Luck Jerry on the move.I'm down in Catarina right now but heading back to God's country Tuesday night. I don't think it could be any harder finding fish on Canyon than it is on Tyler. Hope work picks up soon. I heard rumor of 14 more of our rigs that will be stacking.

Re: One last trip to Lake Tyler for a while, moving to Canyon Lake - 09/29/15 11:11 AM

Thanks guys,
Don, dang 14 more that would give me close to 50 right.

Re: One last trip to Lake Tyler for a while, moving to Canyon Lake - 10/10/15 10:38 AM

Ok, Got moved in. Still a mess in the garage.
Haven't dared to look at the lake, I'm afraid Momma would shoot me if I
went fishing before all this stuff is straight in the house.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: One last trip to Lake Tyler for a while, moving to Canyon Lake - 10/10/15 11:02 AM

As already been mentioned Canyon can be a very difficult lake to fish. Just like any place the more you fish it the better you will get. You can always pick up a few on the upper Guadalupe River fishing the timbers. Crank baits work well during the winter. Coves hold some nice fish during the spring while drop offs and creek channels are good during the summer. Some beautiful country there but it's getting crowded with people. One more thing I would not fish during the Memorial Day weekend,Fourth of July weekend and the Labor Day weekend. Very crowded and the ramps are packed.

Side Note: You need to try a Restaurant called Granny D's! It just down from the dam. It's on FM 306. Great Pancakes and Chicken Fried Steaks. Super home cooking. food

Re: One last trip to Lake Tyler for a while, moving to Canyon Lake - 10/10/15 12:06 PM

Thanks for the tip on Granny D's. I got the stay of the lake on holidays down, it was the same way on Lake Tyler for sure. If I could get as many bass as I have deer it will be alright!
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: One last trip to Lake Tyler for a while, moving to Canyon Lake - 10/11/15 12:01 AM

If you can catch fish on Canyon then your ready to fish the professional leagues of tournaments (Bassmasters, FLW, etc). Tough lake!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum