Texas Fishing Forum

Pre fishing the red river

Posted By: slim 285

Pre fishing the red river - 09/26/15 03:35 AM

Anybody got any help ?
Posted By: joebass2

Re: Pre fishing the red river - 09/26/15 03:42 AM

Won't be there until Thursday slim. Have no idea.

Re: Pre fishing the red river - 09/26/15 03:50 AM

I was going down Tuesday even but dam work is getting in the way of living . Going down in the morning and staying thru Sunday evening and coming back home and work Mon. thru Thursday and go back Friday morning .
Posted By: dbullmoose

Re: Pre fishing the red river - 09/27/15 02:21 AM

Your boat WILL take some abuse. Get in the back lakes as carefully as you can. There's endless stuff to flip. PM me and I can send you some spots to try

Re: Pre fishing the red river - 09/27/15 03:20 AM

The backwaters are dirtier than the river. Very few pads and less grass is what I found
Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225

Re: Pre fishing the red river - 09/27/15 03:26 AM

hope your not fishing BC
Posted By: Champion1

Re: Pre fishing the red river - 09/27/15 05:11 AM

Bass champs cutoff was along time ago
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Pre fishing the red river - 09/27/15 06:20 PM

Tx bass couples is there the week before champs
Posted By: andy52887

Re: Pre fishing the red river - 09/28/15 12:04 AM

Went to the river today. Back waters very stained main river looks great. When leaving port lake be very careful cut is very shallow but they do have a dredge anchored so hopefully will have it done before the bass champs. Did catch a few but was pretty slow.

Re: Pre fishing the red river - 09/28/15 01:04 AM

The cut it self has been cleared by the dredge. It is the fifty yards before you get to the cut that is silted in. If you stay on plane you can get thru it. If one person comes off plane and idles it will be a cluster getting out.
I talked with one local and he said he has never seen the river in the shape it is now. With all the pads and grass gone out of the ox bows (BACK WATERS) the wind now keeps them all muddied up. I would think that it will take years before that place is back to normal .
Having never been there and doing more looking than fishing I caught three keeper fish in two days. And all of them were rats
Posted By: Tyler.Woods

Re: Pre fishing the red river - 09/28/15 03:13 AM

Fished a college tournament there last weekend and did good. Got 9th out of about 90 plus boats. It fishes tough but if you dial in on what they want you'll catch em!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum