Texas Fishing Forum

Whats the best/cheapest website to get Tungsten weights??

Posted By: RodBreaker CWill

Whats the best/cheapest website to get Tungsten weights?? - 09/23/15 11:41 PM

Go.
Posted By: WillieKetchum

Re: Whats the best/cheapest website to get Tungsten weights?? - 09/23/15 11:43 PM

Cheapest is not always best. I know this and if you order the cheapest, you'll soon find out also.

Re: Whats the best/cheapest website to get Tungsten weights?? - 09/23/15 11:47 PM

Ok so I want quality. Where do you get yours??

Re: Whats the best/cheapest website to get Tungsten weights?? - 09/23/15 11:48 PM

Just from looking Tackle Warehouse seems good and I will have them by Saturday which is when I need them
Posted By: Big Swimbait

Re: Whats the best/cheapest website to get Tungsten weights?? - 09/23/15 11:59 PM

http://anglersprotackle.com/index.php?l=product_list&m=233

In N. Richland Hills
Posted By: WillieKetchum

Re: Whats the best/cheapest website to get Tungsten weights?? - 09/24/15 12:54 AM

I bought the Vike brand. About one in every 8 or 10 will not be finished well inside and if will fray your line.

I use Strike King and haven't had a single problem. They are pricey though!

Re: Whats the best/cheapest website to get Tungsten weights?? - 09/24/15 12:56 AM

I was looking at Tackle Warehouse and it said 2 day shipping for $5 if you order over $50 worth of stuff. So got $60 worth of stuff and when I went to check out and clicked on the 2 day shipping option if said estimated delivery date was the 28th. Hmmmm how the hell is that 2 days hmmm
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Whats the best/cheapest website to get Tungsten weights?? - 09/24/15 01:29 AM

http://www.riveratackle.net/
Posted By: djones03

Re: Whats the best/cheapest website to get Tungsten weights?? - 09/24/15 01:40 AM

I don't know what make "quality tungsten," maybe it having inserts? I buy 99% of my tungsten from anglers pro tackle. I don't believe it has inserts (at least the dirt cheap tungsten) buy I retie after every fish, and I check my line for frays frequently, I also peg it most of the time. Don't know if that helps or hurts? Im not a pro, but I fish every weekend, and I'm perfectly happy with the tungsten from Anglers Pro Tackle.
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Whats the best/cheapest website to get Tungsten weights?? - 09/24/15 02:00 AM

http://www.protungsten.com

Bought from this guy for years....never an issue with line damage.
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Whats the best/cheapest website to get Tungsten weights?? - 09/24/15 02:00 AM

And I'd certainly buy from Carlos without hesitation
Posted By: jwatts77

Re: Whats the best/cheapest website to get Tungsten weights?? - 09/24/15 02:05 AM

Originally Posted By: slim 285

Carlos has quality products and he will do you solid!!!
Posted By: nwest10

Re: Whats the best/cheapest website to get Tungsten weights?? - 09/24/15 02:10 AM

http://www.dominatortungstenweights.com/

Try these guys. Great price and quality.
Posted By: Alex Finch

Re: Whats the best/cheapest website to get Tungsten weights?? - 09/24/15 02:31 AM

I'm using the ones I bought in bulk from APT. The best pricing I've found, and a smooth hole that I've not had any issues putting my line through. I will buy from them again.
Posted By: lodell23

Re: Whats the best/cheapest website to get Tungsten weights?? - 09/24/15 02:49 AM

Originally Posted By: RodBreaker
I was looking at Tackle Warehouse and it said 2 day shipping for $5 if you order over $50 worth of stuff. So got $60 worth of stuff and when I went to check out and clicked on the 2 day shipping option if said estimated delivery date was the 28th. Hmmmm how the hell is that 2 days hmmm
I've learned 2 day shipping from TW is never 2 days lol.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Whats the best/cheapest website to get Tungsten weights?? - 09/24/15 03:00 AM

Just search the classifieds, a couple good guys like Warrior Tackle and Mid-south, both do tungsten, good quality and cheaper prices
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Whats the best/cheapest website to get Tungsten weights?? - 09/24/15 03:01 AM

Plus if you need em soon, better to go to Academy or even Wal-Mart and have them in hand. Will cost a couple dollars more, but you know you have em.
Posted By: LWP

Re: Whats the best/cheapest website to get Tungsten weights?? - 09/24/15 03:28 AM

Try Flatlands custom tackle. Every thing Joey builds is nothing but class and work as they should . They help you catch fish and not fishermen. He has some great prices . Check him out .Joey Watts at FlatLands Custom tackle.

Re: Whats the best/cheapest website to get Tungsten weights?? - 09/24/15 03:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank
Plus if you need em soon, better to go to Academy or even Wal-Mart and have them in hand. Will cost a couple dollars more, but you know you have em.
thumb
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Whats the best/cheapest website to get Tungsten weights?? - 09/24/15 03:38 AM

Originally Posted By: lodell23
no kidding. Two days from the next day@1 pm. Haha. Ordered new electronics Monday with ups air two day. Thy will be here tomorrow( Thursday) Lol.
Posted By: johnathonmharding

Re: Whats the best/cheapest website to get Tungsten weights?? - 09/24/15 05:03 AM

Ive never had a problem will tw shipping always on time or early! (Knock on wood)
Posted By: COWBOYSFAN008

Re: Whats the best/cheapest website to get Tungsten weights?? - 09/24/15 07:32 AM

Academy is cheaper than TW, no shipping and you get them the same day! Go figure.
Posted By: Garvin

Re: Whats the best/cheapest website to get Tungsten weights?? - 09/24/15 12:47 PM

Originally Posted By: COWBOYSFAN008
Academy is cheaper than TW, no shipping and you get them the same day! Go figure.

Yes their prices are definitely cheaper, and I think there are a lot of people aware of that, because I go to the Academy on my way home from work quite often and they literally never have them in stock, but I can see the place on the display rack where they normally keep them.
Posted By: lcbl75771

Re: Whats the best/cheapest website to get Tungsten weights?? - 09/24/15 01:56 PM

Originally Posted By: lodell23

Some places, 2 day shipping means they will do 2 day shipping, that doesn't mean they won't take 2 or 3 days to process the order. But after it is processed it will get to you in the 2 days. Sort of false advertising.
Posted By: PEDRO H.

Re: Whats the best/cheapest website to get Tungsten weights?? - 09/24/15 03:57 PM

APT
Posted By: Rudy Lackey

Re: Whats the best/cheapest website to get Tungsten weights?? - 09/24/15 06:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Big Swimbait
Posted By: LunkersTV

Re: Whats the best/cheapest website to get Tungsten weights?? - 09/25/15 01:44 AM

Anglers Pro Tackle has the best prices
Posted By: G Rod

Re: Whats the best/cheapest website to get Tungsten weights?? - 09/25/15 01:57 AM

+1 for Anglers Pro Tackle.
Posted By: fwfisher

Re: Whats the best/cheapest website to get Tungsten weights?? - 09/25/15 02:07 AM

Originally Posted By: slim 285
Originally Posted By: txmasterpo

And I'd certainly buy from Carlos without hesitation

Carlos is the man!
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: Whats the best/cheapest website to get Tungsten weights?? - 09/25/15 03:21 AM

Warrior Tackle is who I use good prices and no issues with weights yet.
Posted By: sarcazmo

Re: Whats the best/cheapest website to get Tungsten weights?? - 09/25/15 02:31 PM

Alibaba. Straight from china. Where do you think all the manufacturers here are getting them from? eeks I think 1/4 oz weights are around .25 cents.
Posted By: Possumkingdomtackle

Re: Whats the best/cheapest website to get Tungsten weights?? - 09/25/15 06:48 PM

Tag for later
Posted By: dragonsdaddy

Re: Whats the best/cheapest website to get Tungsten weights?? - 09/25/15 07:09 PM

can someone give me the reasons for using tungsten? it would need to be truly substantial to justify the expense.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum