Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Bryson

Posted By: Possumkingdomtackle

Lake Bryson - 09/22/15 06:52 PM

Has anyone fished it lately? I went to it for the first time this morning and it's full and very fishy looking but we fished hard and barely got a bite, we fished Carolina rigs, Texas rigs, spinner baits, zooms you name it we tried it and didn't have any luck. I would really like to go back and try it again sometime but I heard rumors of a fish kill, does anyone have anymore info on that?
Posted By: DedShort

Re: Lake Bryson - 09/23/15 02:01 AM

I've heard that there are some monsters in that lake. I havent fished it, but i was told that the bigger fish are on deeper ledges. Can you launch a bass boat out there? The only reason that i haven't tried to go is that i wasn't sure if i could even put my boat in it.

Re: Lake Bryson - 09/23/15 03:22 AM

It's all gravel roads and there is a concrete boat ramp but it's mostly coveted in gravel you can launch a big boat but you better have 4x4 to get out just because it's a steep ramp, I didn't even put my big motor in the water all day just used the trolling motor
Posted By: bigtexnick

Re: Lake Bryson - 09/24/15 02:23 AM

Me and a buddy launched a pontoon out there years ago. It's rough terrain, take a 4x4 and the lightest boat possible.
Posted By: Bass98

Re: Lake Bryson - 09/24/15 02:27 AM

I remember Bill doing a Honeyhole there not all that long ago. Looked like a neat little lake.
Posted By: GR5150

Re: Lake Bryson - 09/24/15 03:20 AM

Don't leave your rod and reels strapped on your front deck. I went out there abou 3 mos ago and got no bites I fished for 8 hrs ran into a few locals who said they had caught one They told me it is hot or not on that lake. I believe them Beautiful lake and a ton of cover to fish I launched my 17 1/2 ft bass boat with no problem my vehicle is all wheel drive however

Good luck and keep us posted
Posted By: Bio

Re: Lake Bryson - 09/26/15 02:29 AM

Tried it today myself, tough day. Just two bass and two bites in six hours. Just glad to see it almost full again.

Re: Lake Bryson - 09/26/15 12:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Bio
Tried it today myself, tough day. Just two bass and two bites in six hours. Just glad to see it almost full again.

Any good ones?
Posted By: Cowtown Kid

Re: Lake Bryson - 09/26/15 01:08 PM

It's a nice little lake. Hopefully it is on the rebound and will be a good producer in the coming years.

texas
Posted By: Bio

Re: Lake Bryson - 09/26/15 05:46 PM

Small ones. Maybe a pound and a half.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum