Texas Fishing Forum

Paging MIKE WILLIAMS (Greenville,TX)

Posted By: Clay Shipe

Paging MIKE WILLIAMS (Greenville,TX) - 09/22/15 03:04 AM

Mike I couldn't find you in a search here so I figured I could try this.

I just wanted to personally thank you for going out of your way to mail me a brand new pack of microfiber towels and a $50.00 gift card. That was an extremely nice gesture, and I really do appreciate it. Thank you.

For those who seem confused, a month or so ago at Cedar Creek I was fishing in a tourney, Mike was not too far from where I was fishing. I observed Mike in a strange state of posture, he then began to head my direction with the trolling motor. About 50 yards away I hear him say, "hey! can you give me a hand"? As he was approaching I noticed he had a sandbass in one hand, a crank bait in the other.... literally, and the rod was somewhere in between. It was pretty comical at first and I had said from a distance "are you stuck"? As we both got closer I noticed one of the treble hooks on the crank bait had pretty much buried itself to the bone in his thumb, I knew then it wasn't a laughing matter because I have experienced the same situation a few times, and there is nothing you can do by yourself without causing more pain. Mike jumped into my boat and I told him I could do the old pop out method I was taught as a kid. He seemed a little hesitant to allow me to continue and rightfully so, but he said go for it. It wasn't a quick process, we had to remove the restless fish, then the back hook from the bait because you don't want to pop one out just to have the other go in, then cut the bait from the rod. During this time I had handed him a blue microfiber towel for the blood coming out of the wound. Well finally it popped right out like it is supposed to, he then thanked me and apologized and I told him it wasn't a problem, I would hope someone would have done the same for me. Mike thanked me again at the weigh in. A week or so later, a package came in the mail with a pack of blue microfiber towels and a gift card. You just don't find folks that will go completely out of their way to mail you anything like that. I was dumbfounded. Mike... again thank you brother, I would do it again in a heartbeat. See you on the water.
Posted By: SteveHummert

Re: Paging MIKE WILLIAMS (Greenville,TX) - 09/22/15 03:06 AM

thumb good story
Posted By: 921ELITE Cranker

Re: Paging MIKE WILLIAMS (Greenville,TX) - 09/22/15 03:13 AM

Mike is a great guy! Great story
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Paging MIKE WILLIAMS (Greenville,TX) - 09/22/15 03:32 AM

Cool story hooks in hands suck
Posted By: RANGER 2

Re: Paging MIKE WILLIAMS (Greenville,TX) - 09/22/15 03:35 AM

Outstanding, Good job Mr. Shipes and Mr. Williams.
Posted By: ChickenRancher

Re: Paging MIKE WILLIAMS (Greenville,TX) - 09/22/15 03:43 AM

Well done! - as the saying goes, you do this long enough and something like this can happen to you too.
Posted By: Jigfish

Re: Paging MIKE WILLIAMS (Greenville,TX) - 09/22/15 10:24 AM

I like those kinds of story's. Great job
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide- Greg West

Re: Paging MIKE WILLIAMS (Greenville,TX) - 09/22/15 02:46 PM

Good stuff right here
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Paging MIKE WILLIAMS (Greenville,TX) - 09/22/15 04:59 PM

Fisherman are good people.. Well almost all of them..LOL
Posted By: bogey♂

Re: Paging MIKE WILLIAMS (Greenville,TX) - 09/22/15 05:54 PM

thumb
Posted By: ToadSnatcher14

Re: Paging MIKE WILLIAMS (Greenville,TX) - 09/23/15 12:38 AM

I hear those Shipe's are pretty good folks!
Posted By: arbassangler78

Re: Paging MIKE WILLIAMS (Greenville,TX) - 09/23/15 12:45 AM

thumb
Posted By: JAY SHIPE

Re: Paging MIKE WILLIAMS (Greenville,TX) - 09/23/15 06:39 PM

Maybe it was good karma thinking you drove home a loser and the next month Bryan Davis gave me your check for $250 and a new TFO rod and said you went home early with head hung low but you actually cashed last place. lol
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Paging MIKE WILLIAMS (Greenville,TX) - 09/24/15 11:43 PM

Cool story!
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Paging MIKE WILLIAMS (Greenville,TX) - 09/24/15 11:52 PM

Great for Mike and great for you, too. Karma always has a way of paying for itself. Good vibes!
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Paging MIKE WILLIAMS (Greenville,TX) - 09/25/15 12:56 AM

Good read!

Clay a couple years ago your dad made a trip across the lake to meet me and to remove a hook out of my hand. Good will runs in the Shipe family.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum