Texas Fishing Forum

Big bass splash

Posted By: RangerBass21

Big bass splash - 09/20/15 10:09 PM

How'd you guys do ? I caught 26 , 20 1lb dinks , 3 slots, one 21" other 23" , other slot scraped past 16" barely. Lost 2.
Posted By: GROD

Re: Big bass splash - 09/20/15 10:56 PM

Over 3 days caught approx. 50 bass... 45 being 8-13 inches long.. 4 slots... One being 9 lbs and 23 inches long.. Anothe 21 inches and two 17 inches. Cashed one check for 7th place 2.01 lbs. had a blast though! Ready for next year!!!
Posted By: T CLIMER

Re: Big bass splash - 09/20/15 11:39 PM

We caught 30+ Friday and Saturday little slower to day, but cased for $1700 Saturday and Tony had Heavy under for tournament $2500 we had a good weekend $4200 total
Posted By: GROD

Re: Big bass splash - 09/21/15 12:03 AM

^^^^ NICE
Posted By: Rob W.

Re: Big bass splash - 09/21/15 12:27 AM

Caught probably 25 little fish 8-12" today that were schooling. Last hour caught one I knew had to be 24". Nope only 23 1/4". hammer Also about my fifth cast this morning got one just barely over 16". Caught a few other slots and dinks first two days. Oh well, had fun.
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Big bass splash - 09/21/15 01:02 AM

Saturday I caught close to forty dinks. With one fish good enough for a 11th place check in the last hour. Sunday I caught over twenty and all were dinks
Posted By: texasfisherman1

Re: Big bass splash - 09/21/15 01:09 AM

Tough fishing for us. Caught probably 25 fish in two days. My dad did cash a 7th place check with a 2.19. Mostly dinks, but I did catch a few slots.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Big bass splash - 09/21/15 02:34 AM

No money fish. I lost two decent unders, one Friday, one today that should have gotten me paid. Friday and Saturday, I was focused on deep 'big bass' spots. I finally gave in late Saturday and changed tactics for shallow 'unders'. I could have gotten quite a few of those if I had tried all along. It was tough fishing for me because of the decisions I made.
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: Big bass splash - 09/21/15 01:23 PM

30-40 dinks form 8-14in, couple 15inchers that just weren't big enough. And 3 fish over 23in but still in the slot -_-. I thought I finally had my over sunday, as I knew for sure when she jumped she was big enough. Nope 23.5in, measured her probably 4 times on each side, took a picture weighed and released her. We found good fish, just not quite good enough. Fun tournament non the less

Tried uploading my picture but it wouldn't work

Re: Big bass splash - 09/21/15 01:44 PM

Seems like everyone didn't do too bad, I talked to one guy who took a guide out before tournament and said he took him catch nothing but dinks and didn't catch carp, whole time out, the guide just in the driver chair and was on his phone and playing around on it whole time
Posted By: flexpress

Re: Big bass splash - 09/21/15 01:55 PM

looks like it wasn't boreing for yall lol
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: Big bass splash - 09/21/15 02:00 PM

Posted By: WasThataBite

Re: Big bass splash - 09/21/15 02:46 PM

I guess I need a guides help. I only caught 2 good slots all weekend. I don't get to fish in the summer being a a/c guy. Who's a good guide for summer pattern on fork?
Posted By: Fishing on a string

Re: Big bass splash - 09/21/15 03:00 PM

https://www.facebook.com/Lakeforkfishingwitheddiegarrett He is a great teacher and knows the patterns on the lake

Re: Big bass splash - 09/21/15 03:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishing on a string
Originally Posted By: RangerBass21
Seems like everyone didn't do too bad, I talked to one guy who took a guide out before tournament and said he took him catch nothing but dinks and didn't catch carp, whole time out, the guide just in the driver chair and was on his phone and playing around on it whole time

There is several NEW "guides" on the lake now that believe it is ok to lie and post things on their facebook pages that is just not true. I am hoping these "guides" finally run out of people that will hire them so they will be forced to move along.

That guide is a famous guide on fork I don't slander people and won't say name, he needs a living , but that's expensive trip to not catch anything and the guide doesn't talk and sits and plays on his phone all day.
Posted By: lockjaw

Re: Big bass splash - 09/21/15 03:19 PM

We fished Saturday and caught about 30 dink's schooling but did cash a check
the last hour with a 2 lb even fish for 7th place. We had a great day of fishing
and met some great people.
Posted By: Andy W

Re: Big bass splash - 09/21/15 03:41 PM

Hummm... I took a guide out that played on his phone most of the day. Now I wondering if it's a pattern? I did struggle to catch 5, though. We stayed out past quiting time which I was thankful for. Other than that it was cast while he talked on the phone. If I asked what structure I was fishing he would tell me. Honestly, if the trip wasn't paid for in advance, we probably would have settled on different terms. Oh well, wash your hands and lesson learned. It does make it hard to consider another guide trip...
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Big bass splash - 09/21/15 03:47 PM

Originally Posted By: T CLIMER
We caught 30+ Friday and Saturday little slower to day, but cased for $1700 Saturday and Tony had Heavy under for tournament $2500 we had a good weekend $4200 total

Great Job Team Climer!!
Posted By: Jigfish

Re: Big bass splash - 09/21/15 03:56 PM

Caught about 12 but one was the right one. Took 2nd on Saturday in one hour with a 2.24lbs. Had a great time though.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Big bass splash - 09/21/15 05:55 PM

Originally Posted By: WasThataBite
I guess I need a guides help. I only caught 2 good slots all weekend. I don't get to fish in the summer being a a/c guy. Who's a good guide for summer pattern on fork?

I feel your pain. Caught 4 dinks and a slot yhe first day then never saw another fish. I tried all over the lake and just had no luck. It was painful
Posted By: bogey♂

Re: Big bass splash - 09/21/15 06:06 PM

Congrats to Tony & Tommy and all others that cashed a check. woot
Posted By: ChickenRancher

Re: Big bass splash - 09/21/15 07:32 PM

Every client is different - some guides just act as a tour guide, others teach, others fish with the client -- it all depends on the client's needs. But no guide should be playing on his phone while on the water as a paid agent- unprofessional at best.
Posted By: Fishing on a string

Re: Big bass splash - 09/21/15 07:51 PM

They should not be SWIMMING EITHER >>>>>
Posted By: NTX Fisherman

Re: Big bass splash - 09/21/15 08:37 PM

I've never fished a Big Bass T on Fork, but I am considering fishing the Berkley Big Bass there next month. My question is: Is the boat traffic insane during these events? Like you just have to find a random spot without a boat on it and hope a fish is there?
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Big bass splash - 09/21/15 08:41 PM

its not that bad. use caution where boat lanes meet and common sense. just plan on having fun and consider cashing a check as a bonus. if you are too serious I could see certain things being frustrating.
Posted By: WillieKetchum

Re: Big bass splash - 09/21/15 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By: senko9S
its not that bad. use caution where boat lanes meet and common sense. just plan on having fun and consider cashing a check as a bonus. if you are too serious I could see certain things being frustrating.

I couldn't have said it any better myself. I have fished the McDonalds tournament for about 8 years there now. My suggestion is to get on the water about 45 minutes earlier than you would for a regular tournament and you'll have no problem. As far as fishing pressure, your community spots will be crowded but there are plenty of fish in other spots.

There will only be about 1/3 of the entries for the Berkley as there was in the McD this past weekend.
Posted By: NTX Fisherman

Re: Big bass splash - 09/21/15 09:47 PM

Thanks for the feedback, I'll probably give it a whirl.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Big bass splash - 09/21/15 09:51 PM

its a fun event, kinda like a reunion and everyone goes home with something, enjoy fish
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum