Texas Fishing Forum

How is PK fishing these days?

Posted By: txfsh

How is PK fishing these days? - 09/20/15 08:15 AM

Has anyone been there recently? if so what is the water like and what is the bite like? I have a small tournament there next week and haven't been there in years.
Posted By: Chris Borden

Re: How is PK fishing these days? - 09/20/15 12:08 PM

A lot of boats fished yesterday. Sure a couple of them will give a report when they wake up.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: How is PK fishing these days? - 09/20/15 12:49 PM

it was slow... It rained hard for a little and fishing was good then after that it poof they are no where to be found. Well the keepers anyway
Posted By: Ken Starling

Re: How is PK fishing these days? - 09/20/15 01:56 PM

The report I heard was out of 142 boats, 26 had fish. Lots of 14-15" fish just not many of the 16". This is HS teams, but a lot of these kids can flat out fish. So sounds like it was tough.
Posted By: milkfisher

Re: How is PK fishing these days? - 09/20/15 02:22 PM

It was tough. A little over 7lbs won the tournament. No team caugh more than 2 keepers that I saw.

The water looked great. Closer to the damn you got the cleare it was. I fished just about every part of the lake in the last month. Even up near the river looks good. Stained water but we still caught fish up there.
Posted By: tbates

Re: How is PK fishing these days? - 09/20/15 02:24 PM

What was the surface temp?

Re: How is PK fishing these days? - 09/21/15 08:58 AM

Wow, sounds like its going to be a real grind. Did they say where the keepers were caught? Trees? Docks? shallow or deep?
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: How is PK fishing these days? - 09/21/15 02:16 PM

fish points and if sunny docks
Posted By: Chris G

Re: How is PK fishing these days? - 09/21/15 03:53 PM

My cousin and my brother in law both fished that tourney with their sons and I heard lots of fish being caught but ZERO fish over 16".
Posted By: Team LIL

Re: How is PK fishing these days? - 09/21/15 08:42 PM

We won it with 2 fish. 7.73 with a dead fish penalty netting 7.23. Friday I caught a bunch on a chart/blue buzz bait on wind blown banks on the main lake. It was dead calm on Saturday and the bait fish weren't there so it was tough.

Re: How is PK fishing these days? - 09/22/15 07:34 AM

Thanks for all the info guys. Every bit helps since I cant pre-fish and I haven't been on that lake in over 20 years. I used to love that lake till the skiers and pleasure boaters took over. I'm sure it has changed allot since I was last there.
Posted By: DedShort

Re: How is PK fishing these days? - 09/23/15 02:13 AM

It was really tough last weekend. A few weeks before we had caught them early in flooded brush on main lake points, but Saturday our fish either weren't there or just had lockjaw. The one keeper we squeaked out was on a chatterbait along one of the bluff walls.
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: How is PK fishing these days? - 09/23/15 04:35 AM

It's been tough in west Texas period.... I think I've caught 6 bass in the last couple months.
Posted By: danceswithbass

Re: How is PK fishing these days? - 09/24/15 11:19 AM

tbates - surface temps were right at 80 degrees
Posted By: tbates

Re: How is PK fishing these days? - 09/24/15 02:17 PM

Thanks. I bet we all do better about time the the Oct. 3rd Tourney rolls around.
Posted By: Cal Fishin

Re: How is PK fishing these days? - 09/25/15 02:56 AM

Had a tournament there last weekend! Ugh it was tough. Last 10 minutes into the tournament I stuck a 3.29 pounder under a lay down by the BIG lodge and marina about to turn into hells gate. Got 11th place out of 144 boats.... With that one fish. Caught unders all day. Tough. PITCH AND THROW SHAKEY HEAD. It sounds stupid for this lake but that's why nobody is catching them here. You must switch methods. Thanks and I hope this helped. If you need any more tips hit me up at this number with a text 214-498-5993
Posted By: Pk Lake

Re: How is PK fishing these days? - 09/25/15 05:50 AM

Good choice!

Re: How is PK fishing these days? - 09/25/15 08:48 AM

Thanks Caldafisher, I'll give you a holler today.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum