Texas Fishing Forum

Grapevine

Posted By: Jcash2319

Grapevine - 09/19/15 04:17 PM

Thinking of giving grapevine a shot tomorrow morning haven't been out since the flood. Any advise on what to use and depth would be helpful.
Posted By: Bruce's

Re: Grapevine - 09/19/15 04:54 PM

Start Shallow right at the ramp with a spinner bait or small crank bait. If it is over cast and drark use a top water bait.
As the sun starts getting up start moving deeper. follow them to the deep ridges and humps. Carolina rig and 1.5 ounce jigs work for me.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Grapevine - 09/19/15 05:34 PM

Yellow magics at daybreak on the dam. Then go SB and CB shallow main lake brush closest to deep water.
Most of the good fish are still skiddish due to drawdown. You'll catch a ton of small guys.
Posted By: OneFishAway

Re: Grapevine - 09/19/15 09:40 PM

See you out there!!
Posted By: OneFishAway

Re: Grapevine - 09/20/15 01:55 AM

Got a backseat open if anyone is interested.
Posted By: Kevin Bryant

Re: Grapevine - 09/20/15 02:00 AM

Messaged you OneFishAway!
Posted By: Jcash2319

Re: Grapevine - 09/21/15 02:46 PM

Well I would say we caught allot of fish and one slot. I probably had 15 off the dam early that if lucky all together would have weighed 6 pounds. Those little guys are everywhere
Posted By: Pufferfish

Re: Grapevine - 09/22/15 03:27 PM

Did you end up going? How did you do? I went and looked at the ramps this morning trying to decide which would be easier for me and my Honda pilot, think i might use Katy Woods as Dove Loop looks a bit too shallow. I plan on Thursday morning.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum