Texas Fishing Forum

Possum Kingdom - Bass Fishing

Posted By: jriggs213

Possum Kingdom - Bass Fishing - 09/18/15 03:29 PM

Hello TFF's
I do an annual camping trip to possum kingdom every year and done some striper fishing there and a lot of bank fishing there, but this year I have my bass boat and want to catch some large mouth. I have never bass fished possum kingdom and looking for any tips and tricks for catching some good large mouth. I normally fished stained water lakes like at hens and Fork with a lot of vegetation but never really fish clear water rocky lakes so if anyone can give me some tips on fishing depp clear water or some locations to start looking for them it would be a great deal of help. Thanks Fellas.
Posted By: kirbydog

Re: Possum Kingdom - Bass Fishing - 09/18/15 03:54 PM

You don't say when you're going. If its Oct-Nov theres a good spinnerbait bite.

Re: Possum Kingdom - Bass Fishing - 09/18/15 05:09 PM

yeah its october 23-25. Does it matter to that all my poles have braided line. Should i switch to mono or fluro or does it matter.
Posted By: Robbie Milam

Re: Possum Kingdom - Bass Fishing - 09/18/15 07:34 PM

Originally Posted By: jriggs213
yeah its october 23-25. Does it matter to that all my poles have braided line. Should i switch to mono or fluro or does it matter.

I'd at least put a fluorocarbon leader on a few rods and change the rest. It's clear water so you'd probably have better luck if you downsized your line.

Re: Possum Kingdom - Bass Fishing - 09/21/15 01:13 PM

Anyone have ideas of where to fish. Should i be fishing up in the shallower creek channels or do the bass usually hold up on ledges on the main lake. I know this is still several weeks away and the weather will impact this decision but general patterns usually hold true on deeper water lakes.
Posted By: danceswithbass

Re: Possum Kingdom - Bass Fishing - 09/21/15 01:47 PM

Fished out there Saturday. It was tough, not sure if it was the front or what but 8 short fish and one over. The slight pattern we found was the 1st 1/3 of creek arms (e.g. fish didnt seem to be way back there). Catching fish before 10am close to bank, then in about 9 - 12 feet deep later in morning and early afternoon. Smaller soft plastics on T-rig was best bet. Good luck
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum