Texas Fishing Forum

Big Bass Splash

Posted By: bloo_rainger

Big Bass Splash - 09/18/15 10:04 AM

Let's get some coffee and everyone be safe.
Posted By: Jigfish

Re: Big Bass Splash - 09/18/15 11:45 AM

I'll be going down this afternoon.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Big Bass Splash - 09/18/15 10:26 PM

It was me... I pride myself on being able to back the truck, launch/recover, and pull off of a ramp in 5 minutes solo. Launch this AM went normal, but recovery for me was not fun! Got it on the trailer, noticed it wasn't quite centered by the time I started pulling up, the wind and wakes knocked it to the side. I tried to time it with the waves, but it just wasn't happening. Had to jump in and start over... Luckily I was at the end of the train of trucks. Only one person waiting, and yes, it's a two lane ramp.

Only two minor incidents (same person) running in the boat lane, got cut-off in main lane by them coming across from Birch. Then they dropped off pad to make a u-turn to hit he lane back to Williams. They were putting up a rooster tail that they couldn't see anything behind them. After the initial cut-off, I gave them a bit more lee-way. Did you know that a 250 on a Ranger equates to 38mph WOT?
Posted By: YAMADOGGY

Re: Big Bass Splash - 09/18/15 10:36 PM

that's a ranger for ya. lol
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Big Bass Splash - 09/18/15 11:54 PM

wasn't near as bad as I had anticipated today as far as the crowd. Still just enough idiots to make it dangerous at times. Everyone has to try to outrun the boat ahead of them even if it means driving into oncoming traffic in the boat lanes.

Did get on some small fish but of course someone saw me and had to drive over right into the school then started driving in small circles and blocked me from casting into my spot.

They should allow you to shoot one idiot per day, no questions asked. Or atleast be able to pull one drain plug a day.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Big Bass Splash - 09/19/15 01:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam
They should allow you to shoot one idiot per day, no questions asked. Or atleast be able to pull one drain plug a day.

Hehehehehe
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Big Bass Splash - 09/19/15 01:44 AM

I like that rule Goodluck tomorrow everybody
Posted By: Nutman

Re: Big Bass Splash - 09/19/15 08:09 AM

It started for me just 1 hour into the tournament
Was at my spit at 4am
6:30 in rolls a boat, pulls right in front of me 50 yards away..OK
Than proceeds to get on the TM and pull up right in front of my bow to where if I cast to the front I throw right into his AJ Construction.com boat.
Ever said a word, figured it was too early in the weekend to get upset
So after an hour of casting towards the back we just went to spot #2
No fish to weigh from any of my spots so it didn't matter anyway
Posted By: lipjerk

Re: Big Bass Splash - 09/19/15 11:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Nutman
Was at my spit at 4am
Than proceeds to get on the TM and pull up right in front of my bow to where if I cast to the front I throw right into his AJ Construction.com boat.

Dang, sadly this is getting far too common, good luck to all and be safe.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Big Bass Splash - 09/19/15 05:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Nutman
Was at my spit at 4am

Did you say anything or just wait to have some post bait for the net?

I would have either said get you ____ out of the way or maybe hey we can share this area.

It's mind boggling how grown men cannot communicate on the water.

LOL

roflmao roflmao roflmao
Posted By: timwins31

Re: Big Bass Splash - 09/19/15 06:24 PM

At least he didn't pull a gun on the guy. . .
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Big Bass Splash - 09/19/15 09:19 PM

Went North today and there wasn't many people fishing up there so no idiots to deal with but then again, no fish either. I'm asking myself why I paid for this!
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Big Bass Splash - 09/19/15 09:25 PM

I went north and south. I still got the unders when I gave up with my big bass spots. But nothing worth weighing!

I figured out what my problem is, the ramp at oak ridge is slanted on the right lane!!!

You want to see something funny? Just drop a random bouy and watch them come out of the woodwork. They'll scan the area, drop trolling motor and fish right next to you. Twice, I was alone in an are. Dropped buoy to mark the flat in a funnel or the top edge of a point. I will fish up to 200 yards away, back and forth. Within30 minutes I had company!!!

I picked up one, still had one out, I was fishing the shallow side. Turned around to leave, and someone was lined up to fish the buoy. No big deal, but I got the stink eye when I idled over to pick it up.
Posted By: bbexotics

Re: Big Bass Splash - 09/22/15 10:38 PM

What happened to all the posts??????? They are gone!!!!
Posted By: WillieKetchum

Re: Big Bass Splash - 09/23/15 02:18 AM

Originally Posted By: bbexotics

Someone got butt hurt. It always happens.
Posted By: Kevin Sharp

Re: Big Bass Splash - 09/23/15 03:43 AM

Originally Posted By: WillieKetchum
Originally Posted By: bbexotics

Someone got butt hurt. It always happens.

Unfortunately, it's what this forum is becoming known for. You used to be able to gather good information from here but if you ask for info now, more than likely, you'll be met with rude and sarcastic comments.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum