Texas Fishing Forum

Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds..

Posted By: Kay Dyson

Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/14/15 05:36 PM

I did not know, or at least didn't pay attention to when the McDonalds changed names to the current Big Bass Splash.. I've always called it the McDonalds, Saturday I had a store clerk correct me on the proper name..
Hummmm, ol Bob didn't want to share the pie anymore....LOL

Ok, how many are gonna do it again, Kay and I are signed up for all three days come heII or high water...
Any bets on Maxwell finishing in the top 2, for a third time LOL... nuts His 2 fish have grossed over $ 180,000.00 dollars---lucky sapsucker.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/14/15 05:39 PM

I will be there working g but not fishing.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/14/15 05:40 PM

St. Jude's, I think is the designee now. It has been BBS for a few years, that I have seen the brochures in Academy. I'm in with the 3000 + others out there. Play nice! crazy
Posted By: B Lee

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/14/15 05:42 PM

Billy I have a feeling it's your year brother....
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/14/15 05:44 PM

http://sealyoutdoors.com/payout_fk.html

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/14/15 05:55 PM

Originally Posted By: B Lee
Billy I have a feeling it's your year brother....

I'll pray your right Brent, Maxwell always stays with us during the event. Maybe over the years some of that luck will rub off. It has for Kay she cleans up at this thing $$$$...
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/14/15 05:58 PM

Randy needs to share the wealth this year Billy. I can't be there but I'll be pulling for you & Kay!!
Posted By: InTheClear

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/14/15 06:00 PM

they still have these?
Posted By: Corey Stanley

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/14/15 06:25 PM

I will be there in the Navionics booth with my truck and boat. Any of you there be sure to stop by and talk fishing and mapping.
Posted By: Alex K.

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/14/15 07:03 PM

I'll be at it again this year hammer
Posted By: RangerBass21

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/14/15 07:07 PM

See you there all 3 days I'll be there Thursday
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/14/15 07:38 PM

I still remember rmax being 16 again up on stage then giving his boat to his partner. one of the coolest things ive ever seen at a tourney. good luck to yall Billy.
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/14/15 07:44 PM

Ill be there all 3 days, always seem to catch a couple 2lb unders that pay for the trip. Swinging for an over this year
Posted By: Devil Horse

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/14/15 08:15 PM

Wonder how much money actually gets donated to who ever it benefits over the years, anyone know?
Posted By: WillieKetchum

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/14/15 08:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Devil Horse
Wonder how much money actually gets donated to who ever it benefits over the years, anyone know?

I'm not sure, but anything is more than they had before the tournament started.

Doing a quick search of their website, I found this in their article from the Toledo tournament this year.

"Every year, a portion of the proceeds from the Big Bass Splash events is donated to the Ronald McDonald House. This year, St. Jude Children Research Hospital was also taken on as a beneficiary. A representative from St. Jude was onsite to accept the donation. "It takes $2 million per day to run this facility," Channell Hogan began. "No family every received a bill or services, travel, or anything. Thanks to the donations we receive like this one from all of you and the Sealy partnership, we can continue to find new cures for children." An $11,500 check was given to St. Jude from Sealy Outdoors."
Posted By: ddmm

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/14/15 08:40 PM

Originally Posted By: senko9S
I still remember rmax being 16 again up on stage then giving his boat to his partner. one of the coolest things ive ever seen at a tourney. good luck to yall Billy.

Ha! Rmax didn't want to pay the taxes on it!!

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/14/15 08:53 PM

David you're not fishing ??? No Hurricanes this yr to my knowledge...

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/14/15 09:02 PM

Originally Posted By: RedSkeeter
David you're not fishing ??? No Hurricanes this yr to my knowledge...

Well the forecast predicted now calls for chance of rain Saturday and Sunday after a little front blows in
Posted By: WillieKetchum

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/14/15 09:04 PM

Originally Posted By: ddmm

Man, I'd LOVE to have to pay the taxes on it! Kinda like paying income tax....I wish I had to pay $100k in income taxes each year.
Posted By: Rob W.

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/15/15 03:06 AM

I'm going down Wednesday.
Posted By: texasfisherman1

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/15/15 04:38 AM

My dad and I are coming down Wednesday. We have fished it about 4 times and never won anything. I have had success in other big bass tournaments, but never sealys. Hopefully my luck will change.

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/15/15 04:45 AM

you know what i had to do in that tourney. last one ive ever entered. still getting summons bang

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/15/15 04:47 AM

Originally Posted By: ddmm

he is a smart kid!
Posted By: Devil Horse

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/15/15 06:01 AM

Originally Posted By: WillieKetchum

that true, but if you take in say a million and only give a small amount to some cause because you use their name one has to wonder what their really in it for. Just wondering if anyone has ever seen any real data on where the money goes on this tourney and any others that "benefit" anything.
Posted By: Lil joe

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/15/15 06:08 AM

Originally Posted By: WillieKetchum

that true, but if you take in say a million and only give a small amount to some cause because you use their name one has to wonder what their really in it for. Just wondering if anyone has ever seen any real data on where the money goes on this tourney and any others that "benefit" anything.

I remember several years ago I stayed through the whole fiasco at the end of the rayburn event and they had a check for I think $22,000 for the Ronald McDonald House - he said
Posted By: Jigfish

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/15/15 10:13 AM

I'm planning on fishing it for the 1st time. Everyone be safe!!!

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/15/15 12:58 PM

you know what i had to do in that tourney. last one ive ever entered. still getting summons bang

I freaked out when I saw the blood on your boat, lucky for them you were there, I know I would have been a basket case... You did all you could David..
Posted By: milkfisher

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/15/15 01:52 PM

Originally Posted By: RedSkeeter

I freaked out when I saw the blood on your boat, lucky for them you were there, I know I would have been a basket case... You did all you could David..

We definetly need this story!!

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/15/15 02:11 PM

Hurricane about 3-4 yrs ago during the event, bad weather for sure. Two boats collided in the boat lane in Big Mustang one morning and David was there to help rescue what he could.. It was a terrible accident...
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/15/15 02:44 PM

I'm hoping for a 1st place for Dyson Team and I hope Kay catches it....I know how good you are with the net, my man! Have fun, wish I could be there this year.
Posted By: lockjaw

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/15/15 08:18 PM

I will be there on Sat so that means the wind will howl and it will rain all day.
Posted By: T CLIMER

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/15/15 09:47 PM

The Climers are in!!
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/15/15 10:56 PM

I'll be there doing the second shift each day on the live release boat.

Stop by and check out our special TPWD measuring stick and scales. It is for weighing and measuring the overs in metric for their study.
Posted By: J C Outdoors

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/16/15 12:54 AM

I am in for days 1 and 2 then off to Texoma to run a tournament on the last day.
Posted By: Laser

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/16/15 01:05 AM

Anybody know if they allow 3 to a boat?

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/16/15 01:19 AM

Yes, up to 3 per boat...
Posted By: Laser

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/16/15 01:22 AM

Thanks David
Know I don't have to decide which son in law gets to go.

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/16/15 01:26 AM

I was reading. It looks like there is no official limit. At least not on the web site rules. It just says: "All contestants shall be required to bring their boat and respective partner (s) with them to the weigh-in site when weighing in bass."
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/16/15 01:55 AM

Just be sure they all read the rules. One violation disqualifies the entire boat

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/16/15 01:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam
Just be sure they all read the rules. One violation disqualifies the entire boat

^ The polygraph administrator takes his job serious

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/16/15 02:42 AM

Originally Posted By: T CLIMER
The Climers are in!!

Well there goes Davids dock..... roflmao.... Good luck Tommy & Tony hope to see you guys on the water....
Posted By: Danny L. Weems

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/16/15 02:53 AM

I had planned on not fishing it this year but I don't guess I have anything better to do so what the heck, I'm in!
Posted By: Gilbert M.

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/16/15 11:55 AM

As usual I'm there, I'll have the Vicious Fishing trailer! Stop by and say hello.
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: Big Bass Splash aka. McDonalds.. - 09/16/15 12:20 PM

Originally Posted By: David Burton
I was reading. It looks like there is no official limit. At least not on the web site rules. It just says: "All contestants shall be required to bring their boat and respective partner (s) with them to the weigh-in site when weighing in bass."

You have to adhere to the restrictions on your boat. Whatever the max persons allowed is that is as many as you can have. So I guess certain boats can fish 5 or more. But that gets too crowded. We have fished 3 people quite a few times, no problem on a 21' boat
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum