Texas Fishing Forum

saw this on Ray Bob sun

Posted By: SnakeEyes

saw this on Ray Bob sun - 09/14/15 12:07 PM

Went for a little fun fishing on Sunday at Ray Roberts launched at Jordan park no issues but when we went to recover the boat just afternoon we saw this on the ramp... there are 4 lanes and this douche canoe took up 2 of them.....

Posted By: RedRanger

Re: saw this on Ray Bob sun - 09/14/15 12:08 PM

You should of went up to him and head butted him

Re: saw this on Ray Bob sun - 09/14/15 12:11 PM

wanted to but i figured as dumb as he was it wouldnt do any good.. so i figure to let his employer know
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: saw this on Ray Bob sun - 09/14/15 12:36 PM

what is he doing,..?

Re: saw this on Ray Bob sun - 09/14/15 12:40 PM

filling his live release tank... he SHOULD have used one of the side ramps...
Posted By: txmark1959

Re: saw this on Ray Bob sun - 09/14/15 01:40 PM

my goodness
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: saw this on Ray Bob sun - 09/14/15 01:58 PM

I had similar problems at that ramp last week except it was a family with a huge ski boat that was prepping everything including the Bimini top, and paying launch fees in that same spot. They then could not back the boat in the water. I was by myself, beached my boat, walked to the truck, put my boat on the trailer, got it ready for the road, and they were still in the middle of the ramp when I left. I will add that to the list of ramps I stay away from. It is worth it to me to drive a little farther on the water or climb stairs to not deal with the inexperienced boater crowd that frequent the state parks and Jordan boat ramp.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: saw this on Ray Bob sun - 09/14/15 02:30 PM

Go to Lake Alvarado and try that mad house of a mistake for a boat ramp and park, and you will love a 4 lane boat ramp.
You can get stuck in line at Alvarado for two hours at a time, in the summer.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: saw this on Ray Bob sun - 09/14/15 02:38 PM

SnakeEyes I freakin love you man! You have given me my new favorite term..... Douche Canoe. clap

Re: saw this on Ray Bob sun - 09/14/15 02:43 PM

lol i cant claim it ... my partner, who was getting the truck , has the patent to that one wink
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: saw this on Ray Bob sun - 09/14/15 02:45 PM

Originally Posted By: RedRanger
You should of went up to him and head butted him

Don't advise, in real life he is a champion midget wrestler. peep

https://youtu.be/5ueHpjvcWTg
Posted By: papamark

Re: saw this on Ray Bob sun - 09/14/15 02:48 PM

What are you doing fishing BOB, you should be on hubbard
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: saw this on Ray Bob sun - 09/14/15 05:53 PM

At least they are ensuring that the fish can be returned to the lake alive and healthy.
Posted By: get-bit

Re: saw this on Ray Bob sun - 09/14/15 06:24 PM

Actually took the same pic. Busiest ramp on the lake now and blocks two lanes. Thanks BLT
Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225

Re: saw this on Ray Bob sun - 09/14/15 06:40 PM

None are worse than the Little Elm boat ramp
Posted By: Chris Davis - USAFishingTrails

Re: saw this on Ray Bob sun - 09/14/15 07:30 PM

We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused anyone that was using the Jordan park ramp at the time that we were releasing the fish back into the lake. We have already spoken to our people that were there and let them know that if they can use one boat ramp in the future, to always do that so we don't upset anyone. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we hope that hope your wait wasn't too bad because of this.
Posted By: JohnButte

Re: saw this on Ray Bob sun - 09/14/15 08:22 PM

What's a douche canoe?
Posted By: krawlin 47

Re: saw this on Ray Bob sun - 09/14/15 08:28 PM

coach
Posted By: ddmm

Re: saw this on Ray Bob sun - 09/14/15 08:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris Davis - USAFishingTrails
We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused anyone that was using the Jordan park ramp at the time that we were releasing the fish back into the lake. We have already spoken to our people that were there and let them know that if they can use one boat ramp in the future, to always do that so we don't upset anyone. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we hope that hope your wait wasn't too bad because of this.

Nothing wrong with stepping up and taking ownership of the situation. No one is perfect....except all the other folks that post on here!!
Hope your tournament went well.
Posted By: Delvec

Re: saw this on Ray Bob sun - 09/14/15 09:54 PM

Originally Posted By: texasbass1
At least they are ensuring that the fish can be returned to the lake alive and healthy.

All 8 of them bang
Posted By: Chris G

Re: saw this on Ray Bob sun - 09/14/15 10:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Delvec

All 8 of them bang

Be nice Pat! It was only 7 fish. 1 died
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: saw this on Ray Bob sun - 09/14/15 10:24 PM

All 8 of them bang

All 8 of them bang

that's a big live release trailer for 8 fish eeks

oops 7 one died
Posted By: Nutman

Re: saw this on Ray Bob sun - 09/14/15 10:39 PM

WOW !!!!! this is a tough crowd to please.
Looks to me from the pictures that the one guy had no problem backing into an empty ramp and getting their boat on the trailer.
The other 2 ramps were probably open by the time you were ready.
Gee 10 minutes is really not a big deal in grand scheme of things.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: saw this on Ray Bob sun - 09/14/15 10:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Nutman
WOW !!!!! this is a tough crowd to please.
Looks to me from the pictures that the one guy had no problem backing into an empty ramp and getting their boat on the trailer.
The other 2 ramps were probably open by the time you were ready.
Gee 10 minutes is really not a big deal in grand scheme of things.

The average person who doesn't frequent a boat ramp often probably gets a pass by most people. A live release trailer from a trail should numer one have the common courtesy to know boat ramp etiquette and number two use some common sense before blocking the middle 2 lanes of a ramp.

Sorry I know that isn't a "feel good" and "try make everyone happy response", but it is my honest opinion on the matter.

PS what the heck happened to BLT? Is the trail dying a slow death?
Posted By: get-bit

Re: saw this on Ray Bob sun - 09/14/15 11:32 PM

Ditto. ^

It was like that when filling their tank.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: saw this on Ray Bob sun - 09/14/15 11:34 PM

I think they should be tarred and feathered and hung from one of those light poles. wink
Posted By: jafish

Re: saw this on Ray Bob sun - 09/15/15 12:06 AM

taz de

Re: saw this on Ray Bob sun - 09/15/15 12:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Chris Davis - USAFishingTrails
well done and well stated!!! thank you Chris for addressing this...
Posted By: deadeyedaniel

Re: saw this on Ray Bob sun - 09/15/15 04:08 AM

Yall guy really have to much time on your hands to be posting [censored] like this on the Internet to bash a tournament trail yes they took up two lanes big whoop no need to bash them on a public forum and talk them down. Psh! And yall wonder y there turn out is slimming down instead of supporting them and helping them grow you bash at every chance you get
Posted By: Outdoordude

Re: saw this on Ray Bob sun - 09/15/15 01:55 PM

God forbid it takes like 5 minutes longer to load the boat than it normally does...
Posted By: PlanoTom

Re: saw this on Ray Bob sun - 09/15/15 10:11 PM

The park office at Isle du Bois confirmed over the phone that the boat ramp at the state park will be open for business tomorrow (Wednesday 16th).

Johnson Branch park is opening too but I'm not sure about the ramp.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum