Texas Fishing Forum

The cold front didn't seem to have much negative effect

Posted By: LunkersTV

The cold front didn't seem to have much negative effect - 09/12/15 08:23 PM

I didn't catch as many as I normally do in the morning but the quality of fish were good. They were hugged up near structure and were oddly enough hitting the lures next to the boat. I would make the assumption that they were a bit more cautious and following the baits today.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: The cold front didn't seem to have much negative effect - 09/12/15 08:36 PM

It was a good day. Found a bunch of small bass schooling in a foot of water. Caught several good ones, and did have one follow a jig all the way to the boat and bite the back end of it. I saw the fish for a half a second but couldn't tell if it was a LM or Sand bass.
Posted By: JoshMan734

Re: The cold front didn't seem to have much negative effect - 09/12/15 08:37 PM

It definitely didn't affect the little ones! We caught 80ish... Biggest was 2.5! Couldn't get off the bank bc we were catching so much! But it was good being back on the vine since early May! Lake looks great and is going to fish phenomenal the next few years

Re: The cold front didn't seem to have much negative effect - 09/12/15 08:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Josh Fulton
It definitely didn't affect the little ones! We caught 80ish... Biggest was 2.5! Couldn't get off the bank bc we were catching so much! But it was good being back on the vine since early May! Lake looks great and is going to fish phenomenal the next few years

Good to hear. They have all the ramps back open? Is there enough parking?
Posted By: JoshMan734

Re: The cold front didn't seem to have much negative effect - 09/12/15 08:50 PM

KW high water and dove is all I know! But the poles are out of the water at KW regular ramp! So can't see how that isn't open in a week! Parking lot is open so plenty!
Posted By: timwins31

Re: The cold front didn't seem to have much negative effect - 09/12/15 10:51 PM

My fish were all screwed up this morning. They've been eating a buzzbait really well. . .literally not a single bite. . .no topwater bites of any kind. I saw 3 different fish follow a chatterbait back to the boat, never got a bite. So I went to a shakey head and started fishing it really slow, still managed to carve out a few, and the last one I caught was 2 ozs shy of 7, so it turned out to be a good day. But I didn't have a single bite from about 7 til almost 11. . .

Re: The cold front didn't seem to have much negative effect - 09/12/15 11:02 PM

Originally Posted By: timwins31
My fish were all screwed up this morning. They've been eating a buzzbait really well. . .literally not a single bite. . .no topwater bites of any kind. I saw 3 different fish follow a chatterbait back to the boat, never got a bite. So I went to a shakey head and started fishing it really slow, still managed to carve out a few, and the last one I caught was 2 ozs shy of 7, so it turned out to be a good day. But I didn't have a single bite from about 7 til almost 11. . .

Everything here was on jigs and plastics from 7.30am to 9 am. Nothing after.
Posted By: L. Swaim1

Re: The cold front didn't seem to have much negative effect - 09/12/15 11:26 PM

Fish I have been on last few weeks pre-fishing were no where to be found today on sandlin, managed to catch a limit of 9 lbs. for 3rd ,but don't compare to the 16-18 lb. sacks I've been catching.. IM BLAMING THE COLD FRONT!!!!!! sarcastic The little guys were biting for sure it didn't seem to affect them.
12+ won our club tournament today
Posted By: TanHner36

Re: The cold front didn't seem to have much negative effect - 09/13/15 01:33 AM

I had a good day as well. Beautiful weather. I worked swim jigs and jerk baits with up to a 30 second pause and did really well.
Posted By: Bulldogcoach3

Re: The cold front didn't seem to have much negative effect - 09/13/15 02:35 AM

They were crushing my frogs today!!!! Caught about 20 biggest one was 6.
Posted By: fish 4 5

Re: The cold front didn't seem to have much negative effect - 09/13/15 11:55 AM

G Vine yesterday, lots and lots of little fish for us. A hundred maybe. We also caught several right at the side of the boat. My buddy got broke off on C Rig while dangling the bait in the water a foot away from boat as he watched me do something. Only big bite we had all day. Could not find any cooperative deep fish.
Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI

Re: The cold front didn't seem to have much negative effect - 09/13/15 01:23 PM

I'm blaming the weather, it was tough for me on Toledo.
Posted By: 1442

Re: The cold front didn't seem to have much negative effect - 09/13/15 09:33 PM

rayburn was on fire for us all day saterday, but the flames went out on sunday
Posted By: lipjerk

Re: The cold front didn't seem to have much negative effect - 09/14/15 01:21 PM

We fished GV Saturday and caught around twenty small fish, and largest went three. We only fished for a couple hours since my friends motor wouldn't start back up. I fished LL yesterday and caught about fifty largest going two pounds.
Posted By: Reds Bass Guide on Sandlin

Re: The cold front didn't seem to have much negative effect - 09/14/15 04:10 PM

Sunday AM great top water action. We caught about 50 Sandies and 5 blacks about 3lbs,schooling and another 5 Kentucky's. Fished about two hrs, with the wife and dog. Had the Kentucky's for dinner..
Posted By: David Burton

Re: The cold front didn't seem to have much negative effect - 09/14/15 04:47 PM

Monticello, the rats were still swarming. Huge schools, some good 12-13" unders mixed in. Probably 60-80 fish each. Lost a good one I didn't get a good hook set in. Did get this one to the boat. No measurements, he had a weird compound fracture in his tail, wanted to get him back in the water. Probably 7-8 lbs.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum