Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing the Front

Posted By: Garvin

Fishing the Front - 09/11/15 05:11 PM

Well, tomorrow brings a front with clear skies, cooler temps, and higher pressure.
If one were to go fishing tomorrow, what would be your suggestion for approaching a body of water during post frontal conditions?
Small power plant reservoir, long dam with rip-rap, no bridges, lots of timber, little vegetation.
I've read lots of information on the subject, but some good ol' down-home TFF advice is always appreciated.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Fishing the Front - 09/11/15 05:38 PM

When fishing Fayette the rocks at the discharge always are good for a few fish. PP lakes are as effected by fronts as non PP lakes. Mild fronts don't really change too much about the fish.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Fishing the Front - 09/11/15 06:53 PM

Cold Front, clear skies, north wind, high air pressure:
Flip as close as possible to cover/timber with trigged worms/craws/creatures, small jigs/small trailers
Small H&H spinner baits, 1/4oz beetle spins, sq bills, rattle traps, shaky head or drop shot at the discharge and around the riprap
Slider rig or split shot rig worm in the vegetation.
Posted By: Lil joe

Re: Fishing the Front - 09/11/15 07:02 PM

Originally Posted By: BMCD
Mild fronts don't really change too much about the fish.

Ha! I wish that were true. That first little front that came through here about 2 weeks ago put the fish that I had been on all summer on the run. Every since it came through the fish have scattered out all over.
Posted By: Red Eye Bandit

Re: Fishing the Front - 09/12/15 12:55 AM

Flip as close as possible to cover/timber with trigged worms/craws/creatures, small jigs/small trailers.
That's the ticket right there with a front moving through.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum