Texas Fishing Forum

A must for all your crank baits

Posted By: LunkersTV

A must for all your crank baits - 09/06/15 09:11 PM

This is a pretty basic video but its the way I found to be easiest when changing out the treble hooks. I personally think its important to do this because the ones that come on all crank baits are usually really cheap.

Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: A must for all your crank baits - 09/06/15 10:31 PM

You might try opening the ring with split ring pliers, start to work your old hook into the slip ring and as soon as there is room, slide the new hook on into the space created by the old hook. Now you can work them both around the ring at the same time causing one to go on and one to come off. Saves you a step in the process and makes the new hook easier to get started
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: A must for all your crank baits - 09/06/15 10:42 PM

Look up a pair of Texas tackle split ring pliers. The orange handled ones are what you need for bass fishing. All of my crankbaits are made with heavy duty split rings and premium X2 strong hooks.
Posted By: LSM

Re: A must for all your crank baits - 09/06/15 10:43 PM

For smaller split rings/hooks, a small flat screwdriver works good to open the ring enough to get the hook started.
Posted By: epicoutdoors

Re: A must for all your crank baits - 09/06/15 11:54 PM

Your handle should be No-brainerTV.
Posted By: MV

Re: A must for all your crank baits - 09/06/15 11:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Txmedic033
Look up a pair of Texas tackle split ring pliers. The orange handled ones are what you need for bass fishing. All of my crankbaits are made with heavy duty split rings and premium X2 strong hooks.

best pliers out there
Posted By: LunkersTV

Re: A must for all your crank baits - 09/06/15 11:59 PM

I'm going to be honest with yall..

My pliers were in the boat and the cover was on the boat. Was just being lazy and had already made my mind up to do the video. Most of these no brained videos are for the people that don't have a clue what's going on and are searching on YouTube.
Posted By: epicoutdoors

Re: A must for all your crank baits - 09/07/15 12:17 AM

You could go over to the THF and do a "How To Load Your Rifle" video.
Posted By: jbcarroll3000

Re: A must for all your crank baits - 09/07/15 01:38 AM

Originally Posted By: epicoutdoors
You could go over to the THF and do a "How To Load Your Rifle" video.

That's wrong...but funny.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: A must for all your crank baits - 09/07/15 01:46 AM

Don't listen to him. Always someone out there trying to be a keyboard bully. There are always going to be new people into fishing that will come on here and your videos will help them. Someone who knows it all already shouldn't even be watching the videos unless they like to criticize.
Posted By: bigtexnick

Re: A must for all your crank baits - 09/07/15 01:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam
Don't listen to him. Always someone out there trying to be a keyboard bully. There are always going to be new people into fishing that will come on here and your videos will help them. Someone who knows it all already shouldn't even be watching the videos unless they like to criticize.

+1
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: A must for all your crank baits - 09/07/15 01:58 AM

Very good, very helpful to those that need help. It takes a lot of your time to produce the how to videos and I can appreciate that. Keep up the good work.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum