Texas Fishing Forum

Best replacement for 2-stroke yamalube

Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Best replacement for 2-stroke yamalube - 09/05/15 04:16 AM

Ok don't wanna substitute yamalube motor oil but what replacement oil would you use if you had to if you can't find yamalube. Walmart in mineola doesn't carry yamalube or where can I find some close by fork.
Thanks
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Best replacement for 2-stroke yamalube - 09/05/15 04:32 AM

I have read about lot's of people who use Quicksilver or Pennzoil Premium plus synthetic blend, also Amsoil. I just went to Pennzoil PP in my VMAX
Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225

Re: Best replacement for 2-stroke yamalube - 09/05/15 11:00 AM

any TC-W3
Posted By: whnigt

Re: Best replacement for 2-stroke yamalube - 09/05/15 11:46 AM

Do you have an Academy close?
Posted By: Rick Collis

Re: Best replacement for 2-stroke yamalube - 09/05/15 12:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master
Ok don't wanna substitute yamalube motor oil but what replacement oil would you use if you had to if you can't find yamalube. Walmart in mineola doesn't carry yamalube or where can I find some close by fork.
Thanks

Service Marine in Emory has Yamalube, also Diamond Sports on 154.
Posted By: Fish AKA Jerry

Re: Best replacement for 2-stroke yamalube - 09/05/15 01:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank
I have read about lot's of people who use Quicksilver or Pennzoil Premium plus synthetic blend, also Amsoil. I just went to Pennzoil PP in my VMAX

Pennzoil in my Vmax too. The only thing that makes Yamalube necessary is if your motor is still under warranty.
Posted By: Undertaker56

Re: Best replacement for 2-stroke yamalube - 09/05/15 01:21 PM

Penzoil synthetic it what I use...
Posted By: MtnHm203

Re: Best replacement for 2-stroke yamalube - 09/05/15 01:31 PM

Just order it online:

http://www.domo-online.com/Yamalube/4x-1-Gallon-Case-Yamalube-2M-Oil

They'll deliver it to your front porch.
Posted By: randywillfish

Re: Best replacement for 2-stroke yamalube - 09/05/15 02:39 PM

I've seen dealerships carry it in bulk. I've taken my empty jug back and swap out for filled one. Used to save 3 or 4 dollars.
Posted By: Txhoghunter

Re: Best replacement for 2-stroke yamalube - 09/05/15 02:44 PM

I run QuikSilver in my Vmax. No issues.
Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI

Re: Best replacement for 2-stroke yamalube - 09/05/15 02:51 PM

Citgo, its probably the same oil as Yamalube. A guy posted a story on one of the saltwater boards a few years ago where he bought a case of Yamalube and when he opened it, it was a mix of Yamalube and Citgo. You hear all the stories about different additive in oil and etc. Not that many lube plants in this country, it all probably comes from the same few plants.

Chances are that 40 dollar a jug DFI oil I buy aint all that special, but I'm not going to take a chance.

If I had an older 2 stroke and money was an issue, I'd run Citgo on sale at Academy.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Best replacement for 2-stroke yamalube - 09/05/15 03:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Fish AKA Jerry
Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank

Pennzoil in my Vmax too. The only thing that makes Yamalube necessary is if your motor is still under warranty.
Completely false! Yamaha RECOMMENDS Yamalube. They REQUIRE TCW-3. Wonder why? hooked Not saying it's a bad idea but each manufacturer RECOMMENDS their own brand. I run Merc DI oil in my 250XS simply because it's RECOMMENDED by Merc and that's what I'm comfortable with. But the fact is TCW-3 is required to keep your warrantee.
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Best replacement for 2-stroke yamalube - 09/05/15 03:13 PM

Originally Posted By: whnigt
Do you have an Academy close?

Academy in Tyler doesn't sell Yamalube anymore. Well, either that or they have been out for months, which wouldn't be surprising considering the way they restock everything else in the fishing section.

I've never used anything but Yamalube and I won't. Maybe I am overpaying, but I'm still going to buy and use it.
Posted By: mada1983

Re: Best replacement for 2-stroke yamalube - 09/05/15 04:18 PM

Nautical mile marine sells it at a good price
Posted By: FACSR

Re: Best replacement for 2-stroke yamalube - 09/05/15 04:19 PM

I have been to 3 different Academy's and they don't have , must have quit carrying it ,Roundrock , Temple, and Victoria. I went to Temple Marine and bought it bulk and it was cheaper, but bring your own containers.
Posted By: pil,b

Re: Best replacement for 2-stroke yamalube - 09/05/15 04:21 PM

Bought quick silver premium plus at Academy but they don't have it any more. fish
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: Best replacement for 2-stroke yamalube - 09/05/15 05:29 PM

Yea acadamy in hurst has been out watagua showed 2
Few weeks ago went there they had none was told their supplier was out.
Anyway found some at diamond sports marine in bulk great price.

Thanks for the
Responses
Posted By: CubbyObrien

Re: Best replacement for 2-stroke yamalube - 09/05/15 06:56 PM

i also have been unable to find any yamalube and ended up trying the Luca Oil brand partial sunthetic. I have some trust in Lucas and so far i have noticed a slightly better idle in my 225 yami. Jury is still out tho,
Posted By: Jigfish

Re: Best replacement for 2-stroke yamalube - 09/05/15 10:39 PM

Quick Silver TCW3
Posted By: Rube G.

Re: Best replacement for 2-stroke yamalube - 09/06/15 01:52 AM

Quicksilver Premium plus
Posted By: jcatch7

Re: Best replacement for 2-stroke yamalube - 09/06/15 05:32 PM

I run Yamalube because I'm scared if I switch my ox66 it will blow. Not that I think the oil is any better just superstitious I guess.

I was told by a skeeter dealer that Academy won't be selling Yamalube , because the dealers were losing the sticky relationship with the customers. Not sure if that's true. The Waco academy does t carry it anymore.
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Best replacement for 2-stroke yamalube - 09/06/15 05:40 PM

The Boat Center on Lake Palestine sells Yamalube in bulk. You just have to bring your own jug. I really like the guys down there, but I live east of Chapel Hill and it seems kind of crazy that I live just outside the biggest city in East Texas...in the heart of lake country...but have to drive almost an hour to buy the oil recommended for one of the big two motor brands.
Posted By: vicbass22

Re: Best replacement for 2-stroke yamalube - 09/07/15 01:33 AM

9th yr on Yamaha 225, penzoil pp no problems, merc n Yamaha don't own any refineries?
Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: Best replacement for 2-stroke yamalube - 09/08/15 02:44 AM

Originally Posted By: vicbass22
9th yr on Yamaha 225, penzoil pp no problems, merc n Yamaha don't own any refineries?

No. Actually there is only a handful of motor oil producers. They just manufacture the oil to different companies specs. A lot of your "snake oil" companies just add modifiers to make there oil special.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Best replacement for 2-stroke yamalube - 09/08/15 03:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Rube G.
Quicksilver Premium plus

Last 8 years in my HPDI.
Posted By: ddmm

Re: Best replacement for 2-stroke yamalube - 09/08/15 03:12 PM

TC-W3 is a trademark owned by NMMA. Before any Oil Mfg can put the TC-W3 info on their oil, it has to be tested by NMMA.
You can find the info at this link. There is a complete list of the manufacturers that have passed the testing for 2015.

"Once lubricants have demonstrated the necessary lubrication performance qualities needed for TC-W3® certification testing by NMMA-approved laboratories, NMMA licenses those two-stroke lubricants to be marketed to the public. TC-W3® oils are licensed around the world and are recommended for use by two-stroke engine manufacturers."

http://www.nmma.org/certification/certification/oil/tc-w3.aspx
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum