Texas Fishing Forum

G Loomis factory tour

Posted By: lizardfliper

G Loomis factory tour - 09/03/15 02:32 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA3Q9cpWhQo

Re: G Loomis factory tour - 09/03/15 02:35 AM

I like this video, and love how the blanks are hand rolled in the united states. A 12 part process to finish the rod out. Ive only got 6 but plan on getting more. Never a complaint and love the rods. Its a 2 part video and the other is on youtube. Hope you enjoy. cheers
Posted By: KsChampion198

Re: G Loomis factory tour - 09/03/15 05:49 PM

I've always been a huge Loomis fan. Got my first one when I was 15. 17 years ago....ha!

Re: G Loomis factory tour - 09/03/15 10:04 PM

I've always had good luck with Loomis. Great rod, great quality all around. I like that they are hand made here in the USA rather than importing a blank in from China. They are expensive but you get what you pay for. If you are fortunate enough to find them used its a lot better on the wallet too. banana
Posted By: Kelly G.

Re: G Loomis factory tour - 09/04/15 02:03 AM

Awesome video!
Posted By: ModGuy56

Re: G Loomis factory tour - 09/04/15 02:31 AM

just bought my first gloomis this week, always used Duckett rods for the longest and I guess I figured it was time to try something new, hopefully I'm not disappointed

Re: G Loomis factory tour - 09/04/15 04:12 AM

Keep us posted Modguy56! What model did you end up with?
Posted By: Alex Finch

Re: G Loomis factory tour - 09/04/15 04:34 AM

Originally Posted By: lizardfliper
Keep us posted Modguy56! What model did you end up with?

Can't go wrong with any of them. I have several E6Xs, one NRX and one GLX. The E6X rods are a great deal, especially considering how much manual AMERICAN labor goes into making them. The NRX and GLX are phenomenal rods, a little pricier, but I can feel the difference in sensitivity and weight. That's why I bought the NRX and the GLX for techniques I use year around. Tackle Warehouse has two great videos on the process. I haven't watched the link in this one but if it's the same as the TW ones, it's a great video to watch.
Posted By: ModGuy56

Re: G Loomis factory tour - 09/04/15 05:52 AM

I bought a E6X, 7'1 medium heavy, gonna do alot of flipping with it, definitely excited to try it out this weekend

Re: G Loomis factory tour - 09/04/15 09:21 PM

Alex, it's the series of videos that Tacklewarehouse did with Jared Litner and you are right they are some pretty cool videos. I like that i know what im getting with G Loomis. Its a great product and they stand behind it 100%. Modguy56 you made a good decision, the E6 series got best of show at icast for the rods so that speaks for itself!
Posted By: Jay Kumar

Re: G Loomis factory tour - 09/08/15 04:01 PM

I'm biased, but they are the best.

Put a stupidly high-dollar NRX in your hand even without a reel or line, and it will stick in your brain for the rest of your life -- or at least it's done that to me and one of my buds.

E6X are great too....

Re: G Loomis factory tour - 09/08/15 11:43 PM

I Agree Jay Kumar, I'm trying to scrape up some cash for a Nrx right now! lol
Posted By: West Texas FX

Re: G Loomis factory tour - 09/09/15 12:12 AM

I have two E6X's and love them! Are the GLX & NRX more sensitive?
Posted By: T54

Re: G Loomis factory tour - 09/09/15 01:35 AM

Originally Posted By: West Texas FX
I have two E6X's and love them! Are the GLX & NRX more sensitive?

Yes, E6X < IMX < GLX < NRX as sensitivity goes. NRX level sensitivity is unmatched.
Posted By: Joseph H

Re: G Loomis factory tour - 09/13/15 12:53 PM

I just bought 3 GL2 rods from Dick's Sporting Goods on clearance for $120 each. I don't see Made in America anywhere on the rod. I did find a G Loomis video stating that these rods are in fact made in America but Cabela's website states made in China.

Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks.

Re: G Loomis factory tour - 09/15/15 01:05 AM

I'm not sure about the GL2 series. I know alot of reel companies make their highest end reels in japan and there entree level reels in someplace like china so theres no telling. I do know that the IMX, GLX and NRX are hand made here in the USA at the Woodland Washington factory for sure. Maybe a G Loomis prostaffer or employee can chime in and tell us for sure.
Posted By: Alex Finch

Re: G Loomis factory tour - 09/15/15 04:16 AM

All GLOOMIS rods are built in the USA. Must be a typo on Cabelas because other major retailers and the Tackle Tour review show that the GL2 and all Loomis rods are Made in the USA. I know all of the E6X rods show that they are Made in Washington State on the blank. The E6X is a new rod for the brand, and I'm sure it is an effort to dispel misconceptions about where they are built.
Posted By: Joseph H

Re: G Loomis factory tour - 09/19/15 09:39 PM

After several email exchanges, G Loomis reps have assured me that ALL G Loomis rods are made in Washington State right here in the USA whether stated on the rod or not.
Posted By: balazs

Re: G Loomis factory tour - 09/19/15 10:40 PM

Awesome video. I own over 10 of them, including a really cool 3 piece travel rod. The NRX is phenomenal, the GLX feels good too, but I am absolutely itching to try to the gary loomis "edge" rods with carbon fiber handles.
Posted By: Dean Coleman

Re: G Loomis factory tour - 09/20/15 03:25 AM

An NRX with a quality light weight reel is an absolute pleasure to fish with...don't try one..or you'll
begin to wreak havoc on your fishing budget...don't ask how I know eeks
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum