Texas Fishing Forum

2010 ranger trail wheel bearings

Posted By: Jkrez

2010 ranger trail wheel bearings - 08/31/15 01:12 AM

wheel bearing failed on me this Saturday.

Google has failed me and I can't find the part number for the replacement.

Does anyone know?

Thank you
Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: 2010 ranger trail wheel bearings - 08/31/15 01:27 AM

Call ranger with your HIN number tomorrow. They will take care of you.
Posted By: 03svtsnakevert

Re: 2010 ranger trail wheel bearings - 08/31/15 03:34 AM

bearings

They usually have tapered spindles I think they are 1 3/8 x 1 1/16...if it's in the state your showing you need to check the spindle to ensure its not damaged or grooved
Posted By: charlief1

Re: 2010 ranger trail wheel bearings - 08/31/15 03:43 AM

If 1 bearing set failed, that means it time to have the all re-packed with new seals and grease. Take one of the sets that haven't failed, clean them, and then take them to a good parts store that isn't autozone, Oriely, or advanced. wink An independent parts store will be able to figure out what you've got. Clean the hub and take it as well.
Posted By: JimmyP

Re: 2010 ranger trail wheel bearings - 08/31/15 06:46 AM

Take the bearing and race and seal out and clean them up. Take them to a bearing supply house and they can match them up for you. Try to get some high quality bearings. The guys at the bearing store should be able to steer you in the right direction. Not all chinese bearings are junk, and not all american bearings are high quality. And check the spindle out real well before you waste money putting a new bearing set on it. Especially the seal area on the spindle.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: 2010 ranger trail wheel bearings - 08/31/15 11:56 AM

Just call Ranger. All they will want to know is the year model and if they are liquid or grease, just buy the whole hub assembly, they are decently priced, mine were like $65, I bought two sets, and keep one for a spare.
Posted By: 361V

Re: 2010 ranger trail wheel bearings - 08/31/15 12:26 PM

Originally Posted By: David Welcher
Just call Ranger. All they will want to know is the year model and if they are liquid or grease, just buy the whole hub assembly, they are decently priced, mine were like $65, I bought two sets, and keep one for a spare.
This^^^^ and done!
Posted By: steve Mbass

Re: 2010 ranger trail wheel bearings - 08/31/15 01:33 PM

This does not look good, i have the same trailer and i just had all four bearings repack last week.
Originally Posted By: Jkrez
wheel bearing failed on me this Saturday.

Google has failed me and I can't find the part number for the replacement.

Does anyone know?

Thank you
Posted By: gary purdy

Re: 2010 ranger trail wheel bearings - 08/31/15 02:14 PM

This comes as a complete spindle and hub Vault type. Get an extra.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: 2010 ranger trail wheel bearings - 08/31/15 04:46 PM

Call Ranger as I think they can look up the trailer specs based on your trailer VIN #. They also can tell you which aftermarket parts will be best. They are extremely helpful and friendly and will help you out.
Posted By: gary purdy

Re: 2010 ranger trail wheel bearings - 09/01/15 02:56 AM

That picture is a Ranger part
Posted By: Blues

Re: 2010 ranger trail wheel bearings - 09/01/15 10:26 AM

Might have damaged the spindle also...I just replaced an axle for this same issue.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum