Texas Fishing Forum

Mercury dfi oil in bulk

Posted By: irbf

Mercury dfi oil in bulk - 08/29/15 09:08 PM

Does anyone around DFW sell Mercury DFI oil in bulk?
Posted By: JimmyP

Re: Mercury dfi oil in bulk - 08/29/15 09:26 PM

The only place I know of is J & J Marine at Lake Fork. Some dealers sell premium plus but not DFI.
Posted By: Brian Schuler

Re: Mercury dfi oil in bulk - 08/29/15 10:19 PM

Tommy Yetts at Rockwall Marine sells it at a very fair price.

Brian
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Mercury dfi oil in bulk - 08/29/15 10:24 PM

Originally Posted By: JimmyP
The only place I know of is J & J Marine at Lake Fork. Some dealers sell premium plus but not DFI.
This is where I get mine for $27 a gallon.
Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: Mercury dfi oil in bulk - 08/29/15 11:34 PM

Doesn't the optimax just require a TCW-3?
Posted By: 361V

Re: Mercury dfi oil in bulk - 08/30/15 12:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo
Require and recommend are not the same thing. This topic has been revisited many times and of the last several years Merc recommends the DFI oil. Contains additives to minimize deposits. Buy in bulk from Rockwall Marine.

Re: Mercury dfi oil in bulk - 08/30/15 01:21 AM

Originally Posted By: 361V
Require and recommend are not the same thing. This topic has been revisited many times and of the last several years Merc recommends the DFI oil. Contains additives to minimize deposits. Buy in bulk from Rockwall Marine.

Thank you, I was just asking. I run a sho. 120$ a year for 2 oil changes my cost. I'm my smaller engines I have ran citgo TCW-3. Or Benol, Castor 927 for high rpm applications. Ring free is also healthy in my opinion.
Posted By: machinist

Re: Mercury dfi oil in bulk - 09/01/15 03:41 AM

You ever think maybe Merc recommends it because they make more money when they
sell it versus Premium Plus
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Mercury dfi oil in bulk - 09/01/15 04:48 PM

Originally Posted By: machinist

I run premium plus in my DFI Yamaha, as long as it's got an ashless burn you're fine...And some ringfree grin
Posted By: Jigfish

Re: Mercury dfi oil in bulk - 09/01/15 06:18 PM

Quick Silver Premium plus in my Yamaha for a couple of yrs and runs great.
Posted By: RodBreaker CWill

Re: Mercury dfi oil in bulk - 09/01/15 08:46 PM

thumb

Re: Mercury dfi oil in bulk - 09/01/15 08:53 PM

I only posted the facts as I know them...but absolutly I always consider who is making a profit by my purchase! Kind of like: why is the only person who recommends I change my vehicle oil every 3000 miles the oil change places? :-)
Posted By: irbf

Re: Mercury dfi oil in bulk - 09/01/15 09:51 PM

You can save even more money by not using any oil! It's probably a big propaganda campaign by Mercury. Yeah, that's it!
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Mercury dfi oil in bulk - 09/02/15 02:09 AM

I thought they might recommend it so people wanting to save a few bucks on oil don't blow up powerheads that Mercury has to replace if they are still under warranty. If I was interested in saving money I wouldn't of bought a Bassboat.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Mercury dfi oil in bulk - 09/02/15 01:01 PM

I don't know if this is true but I have been told that if you do not use the DFI oil while under warranty Mercury can refuse to warrant engine, just what I was told, I do not know that it is a fact.

Re: Mercury dfi oil in bulk - 09/02/15 03:08 PM

False. Requirement is any TCW-3. Recommendation is Merc's DFI which also meets/exceeds TCW-3.

Re: Mercury dfi oil in bulk - 09/02/15 08:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Happykamper
I don't know if this is true but I have been told that if you do not use the DFI oil while under warranty Mercury can refuse to warrant engine, just what I was told, I do not know that it is a fact.

Ask them about the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Mercury dfi oil in bulk - 09/03/15 02:33 AM

I don't know anything about that act but I am using the oil they recommend for at least the length of my warranty, it may cost a few dollars more but imo it is worth it.
Posted By: TSpencer

Re: Mercury dfi oil in bulk - 09/03/15 05:51 PM

I don't know anything about that act but I am using the oil they recommend for at least the length of my warranty, it may cost a few dollars more but imo it is worth it.

If your engine fails under warranty due to using any of the TCW-3 oils I would have serious questions for Mercury. You might would want to switch to a different engine manufacturer next time.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum