Texas Fishing Forum

Lewisville Report

Posted By: wlgorman

Lewisville Report - 08/26/15 07:29 PM

Got out late this morning. Launched at Lake Park. The shoreline was covered in fingerlings everywhere I went that had brush. Caught them on topwater and fluke jr's. Moved out to some deeper ledges and caught a few bigger ones. Biggest might have been 2 lbs. Caught on a home made black/green chatterbait. I was letting it hit bottom them bringing it back just slow enough to feel it.
Posted By: eagle 2

Re: Lewisville Report - 08/26/15 07:32 PM

If you somehow can master the deep bite, you can catch large ones this time of year, I have never been able to, but some friends I fish with do, finesse presentations......
Posted By: Superslab

Re: Lewisville Report - 08/26/15 07:53 PM

I fished Hidden Cove from 3 to 5 yesterday. Caught a lot of dinks shallow and some ok 2 to 3 pounders off the main lake points in 10 to 15 feet.

Seems as if conditions are improving from early summer.

Posted By: FishDaddyFrisco

Re: Lewisville Report - 08/27/15 01:34 PM

What about a drop shot with a 6" soft plastic? I've had a little luck in the past with that setup during the warmer summer periods but I've never tried it in LL. Anyone had success with drop shot in stained water like Lewisville?
Posted By: Sparlin

Re: Lewisville Report - 08/27/15 02:22 PM

First time I ever used a drop shot was on LL by the dam. Have a picture of me with the fish I caught still. Very first cast. Drop shot works. I just hate having to re-rig all the time.
Posted By: Lu32

Re: Lewisville Report - 08/27/15 04:29 PM

I was out there on my kayak about a week ago. Couldn't get anything going shallow so went a little deeper. About 15-20 feet fingerlings were chasing shad to the top the whole time I was there. Used a shakey head with a zoom finesse worm letting it sink down slow retrieve. Caught a good amount of 2lbers I launched by Sneaky Petes Marina.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum