Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Roberts Sunday

Posted By: txsuperman

Ray Roberts Sunday - 08/24/15 03:13 PM

Got on the water at daylight. Decided to go deep first thing. Tried cranking 3 points and a tank dam. nothing! I even threw a jig and drop shot, nothing. Went shallow by a few retaining walls with square bill and the spots were eating. Caught 5, but all 12 in. But like others said, there are tons of 4-6in bass that would follow my s.b. Then after sun was up I hit 7 brush pile with c-rig and drop shot. Only had one largemouth that was about a pound. That lake frustrates me. lol
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Ray Roberts Sunday - 08/24/15 03:49 PM

You worked hard for what you found. Staying on the move is just what you have to do. Better luck next time. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: Ray Roberts Sunday - 08/24/15 04:10 PM

That is why we packed up and went to Athens Saturday! In a matter of a few months the lake was way low, then flooded and then has been steadily dropping. The water level has not been stable since May. The fish are a little freaked out it seems to me.
Posted By: steve Mbass

Re: Ray Roberts Sunday - 08/24/15 04:34 PM

I went on Saturday and it was crazy and fun. Probable caught 30 bass, most about one lber's but did a few nice ones. Most on top water, Yellow magic and a buzz bait. once the sun was up and the top water died went to drop shot and a creature bait onto 7 to 10 FOW. landing a couple more 2 lbers and left by
11:30.
Posted By: iangler365

Re: Ray Roberts Sunday - 08/24/15 05:17 PM

Landed a few on top water also Saturday early, This lake has always been tough and more so than ever due to this years freaky weather & lake levels.
Posted By: Allen P

Re: Ray Roberts Sunday - 08/24/15 06:13 PM

I feel your frustration! Hahahaha... Beautiful lake, but I have not put my time in, nor do I have the urge to do so. It is a tough lake.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum