Texas Fishing Forum

Possum Kingdom Worm Color

Posted By: Rangertime

Possum Kingdom Worm Color - 08/23/15 09:17 PM

Can anyone suggest what color plactic worm I should try ok PK?
Posted By: Chris Borden

Re: Possum Kingdom Worm Color - 08/23/15 09:19 PM

Blue fleck and watermelon candy
Posted By: Rangertime

Re: Possum Kingdom Worm Color - 08/23/15 09:19 PM

Oh thank you!
Posted By: west tex angler

Re: Possum Kingdom Worm Color - 08/23/15 09:22 PM

Yep, those are two good colors on PK, but if you only used black, you wouldn't miss any fish either.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Possum Kingdom Worm Color - 08/23/15 09:56 PM

Caught lots of good fish there on Pumpkin Seed Power Worms.
Posted By: pil,b

Re: Possum Kingdom Worm Color - 08/23/15 10:20 PM

Watermelon red Senko or red shad power worm 7" fish
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Possum Kingdom Worm Color - 08/24/15 02:17 AM

Been a long time ago but i used to catch them on red shad when overcast and motor oil when clear skies, power worms.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Possum Kingdom Worm Color - 08/24/15 02:46 AM

Basically what everyone is saying is just use what you got...lol
Posted By: FlaNative

Re: Possum Kingdom Worm Color - 08/24/15 06:31 PM

Right now I'd recommend any color Dupont Spinner... the bass aren't hitting on much of anything at PK.
Posted By: Mulholland

Re: Possum Kingdom Worm Color - 08/24/15 06:51 PM

Why does everyone always ask what plastic colors to use on different lakes? The answers are always the same, because the fish are the same and don't have a clue which lake they live on lol

...I just don't see enough if any variation in suggestions to most threads to understand it. I think for the most part we all find a clear water color, overcast and clear skies, and then the same for dirty water, and apply as needed, no? Then we all have those kitchen sink baits... when you throw everything else and put on that bait you're kinda embarrassed you bought that one time you were at Cabelas with your girl.... then boom, 9lber on bubblegum/junebug weightless trick worm roflmao
Posted By: epicoutdoors

Re: Possum Kingdom Worm Color - 08/24/15 07:26 PM

Probably the most used word pairing in the history of the TFF...."what color"?
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Possum Kingdom Worm Color - 08/24/15 08:44 PM

I fish a private lake a lot, it's not uncommon to catch 100 fish a day. it's kind of funny, but one of us will throw something different, and it will be on like donkey kong when you do figure it out. I've had times when they wouldn't hit anything but a bubble gum lemon swirl yum dinger, tried it on other lakes and nuttin. Ray Roberts has colors that producer different than Athens. If you go West you can't go wrong with Blue Fleck, East I'd say watermelon, North i'd say red shad, don't fish much down south. I do like chartruse early, then watermelon later in the day, but a couple of lakes if the sun is out you gotta throw pumpkin to get bit mid day.

Re: Possum Kingdom Worm Color - 08/24/15 09:27 PM

^blue fleck is touted as catching more than anything else on many a lake in the east as well.... it's all in who you talk to I reckon. That's why you can kill them on "rayburn red" on Okeechobee or "Okeechobee craw" on rayburn... it's more a matter of how, when, and why, not quite as much where. I'm also a firm believer that it's probably mostly about 75% location, 20% presentation, 5% color. Which is to say, you have to be on the fish to catch them, and if you're new, where is a much better question that what they are eating on. Presentation entails speed, rate of fall, size, shape, and where in the water column your bait interacts with the fish in that location, and that last 5% is the difference between the fish the guy fishing the same places, times, and presentations caught on pumpkin vs the guy on watermelon.

Some days I can only get them to choke one color but aside form wild out there patterns, most days I can get bit on a fairly large spectrum of colors honestly... but maybe my believe that color is less meaningful just makes me fish more confidently with the wrong colors and fish find confidence irresistible and bite the wrong colors for me... who knows?
Posted By: epicoutdoors

Re: Possum Kingdom Worm Color - 08/24/15 09:46 PM

It's just a lot easier for some to think that buying the right color bait is going to get you bit rather than learning why you are getting bit or why you aren't getting bit. Bass fishing is a lot of work. A lot more work than picking out a color. The work is half the fun of it though.

Re: Possum Kingdom Worm Color - 08/24/15 10:00 PM

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong.. I buy the heck out of some crazy worms and I barely even fish worms, but they are so much cheaper to get that little shopping high on than crankbaits haha! Plus I like donating baits to highschool anglers and stuff, being able to help people I get into fishing fill their first tackle boxes some etc, etc. Never hurts to have extra bags of plastics around lol
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Possum Kingdom Worm Color - 08/24/15 11:12 PM

Donal Harper on here has won more money fishing than a lot of people I know make in a life time. He learned most of what he knows from an old west texas man who whipped his butt every time he took the old man out. A few colors is all you need, but put some scent on - and he will be first to tell you he's seen it make a big difference. One of my mentors is my tournament partner, he knows the color for every lake we go to. He fished tournaments for years before I ever got interested. I've had days where he caught 17 to my 2 fish on Athens. For the most part it's time on the water, I've learned that with Jim Walling and LIndy thru the years, eliminate the doubt in lthe fish, by using scent, light line, light weights, and slow down. There's very few times I've won money power fishing like KVD, a big bass is lazy, he dosen't want to move very far to eat. Then there is time when you get em in a frenzy, I don't think it matters then what color, go fish with Mark Pack in the summet to witness that. Get in a bass club, ask questions, most tourney anglers will fill you in on what they are doing, if not move to another club. Then there is people like Nutman on Athens who gives up a plethera of info on their home lake. And one last thing I learned from Champion 01 on here. If you can't catch em on a drop shot, then they can't be caught.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum