Texas Fishing Forum

Jacob Wheeler FLW Final day

Posted By: airforcefishin

Jacob Wheeler FLW Final day - 08/23/15 11:31 AM

Good luck to Jacob today as he hopes to become the first angler to win 2 cups. Cool to see the guys my age making it happen! Hope he pulls the win today. If his "stretch of bank" holds up think he's got a good shot
Posted By: Ricky Taylor

Re: Jacob Wheeler FLW Final day - 08/23/15 12:39 PM

Whack'em Wheeler!!
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Jacob Wheeler FLW Final day - 08/23/15 03:11 PM

That guy is a stick!! First repeat champ in UMF too. He's on fiyah!!
Posted By: Chris_K

Re: Jacob Wheeler FLW Final day - 08/23/15 08:26 PM

CATCHES EM EVERY WHERE WE GO!!! Sorry had to 😂
Posted By: catchemk

Re: Jacob Wheeler FLW Final day - 08/23/15 08:32 PM

Originally Posted By: It's a giant!

Do you fish the tour?

Re: Jacob Wheeler FLW Final day - 08/23/15 08:39 PM

Originally Posted By: catchemk
Originally Posted By: It's a giant!

Do you fish the tour?

Lord no, watch a lot of it on TV though. woot

Re: Jacob Wheeler FLW Final day - 08/23/15 08:42 PM

It's one of his catch phrases.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Jacob Wheeler FLW Final day - 08/23/15 10:38 PM

He can fish, but there is something annoying to me about him. I'm not sure what it is, but can't stand to hear him talk or watch him fish. He is a good stick, though, and I respect his ability.
Posted By: Chris Borden

Re: Jacob Wheeler FLW Final day - 08/23/15 11:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Duck_Hunter
He can fish, but there is something annoying to me about him. I'm not sure what it is, but can't stand to hear him talk or watch him fish. He is a good stick, though, and I respect his ability.

My thoughts as well.
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Jacob Wheeler FLW Final day - 08/23/15 11:32 PM

Glad Brad Knight won
Posted By: Arkansas10 bass

Re: Jacob Wheeler FLW Final day - 08/23/15 11:38 PM

Brad Knight was consistent and deserved to win on a VERY tough Lake in August.

I'm surprised the #50 pound mark was broken.That's huge for Ouachita this time of year.

Congratulations to Brad Knight
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Jacob Wheeler FLW Final day - 08/24/15 12:04 AM

Flat brim hat could go.
Posted By: jiggmann

Re: Jacob Wheeler FLW Final day - 08/24/15 12:28 AM

Flat bills gotta go! But they work for him whacks them where ever he goes!

Re: Jacob Wheeler FLW Final day - 08/24/15 12:30 AM

He talks too fast for my taste
Posted By: T54

Re: Jacob Wheeler FLW Final day - 08/24/15 02:51 AM

He reminds me of Eli Manning for some reason.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Jacob Wheeler FLW Final day - 08/24/15 03:21 AM

Wasn't he involved in some type of controversy earlier this year?
Posted By: T54

Re: Jacob Wheeler FLW Final day - 08/24/15 04:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.

Kentucky Lake Bassfest.

What Matt Herren said:

"I finished 43rd here on Kentucky Lake. Today was an experience I'll never forget! I've fished professionally for many years and have a lot of respect for the anglers I compete against. There is one angler that lost that respect today! He runs a Ranger Boat that is wrapped by Academy Sports. This so called professional angler decided to fish a weekend pot tournament on Kentucky Lake today. In doing so he wound up on my best area. When I arrived at the area he had a list of reasons for being there? There's no excuse! As a professional angler you stay off bodies of water that your not competing on as a courtesy to other professional anglers! I believe this angler needs to grow up!"

Wheeler's response:
"Just to make sure everyone knows, as soon as Matt pulled up I left the place to him immediately. I'm sorry you had a rough day, but I don't think I could have done anything differently. I had no idea that you were fishing that place and gave it to you out of respect. That fruit jar tournament was for 5k this weekend and I promised a long time friend that I would fish the event with him. Anytime a fellow pro pulled anywhere close to me I left immediately. Which by the way only happened once more throughout the day."
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Jacob Wheeler FLW Final day - 08/24/15 04:31 AM

Originally Posted By: T54

Kentucky Lake Bassfest.

What Matt Herren said:

"I finished 43rd here on Kentucky Lake. Today was an experience I'll never forget! I've fished professionally for many years and have a lot of respect for the anglers I compete against. There is one angler that lost that respect today! He runs a Ranger Boat that is wrapped by Academy Sports. This so called professional angler decided to fish a weekend pot tournament on Kentucky Lake today. In doing so he wound up on my best area. When I arrived at the area he had a list of reasons for being there? There's no excuse! As a professional angler you stay off bodies of water that your not competing on as a courtesy to other professional anglers! I believe this angler needs to grow up!"

Wheeler's response:
"Just to make sure everyone knows, as soon as Matt pulled up I left the place to him immediately. I'm sorry you had a rough day, but I don't think I could have done anything differently. I had no idea that you were fishing that place and gave it to you out of respect. That fruit jar tournament was for 5k this weekend and I promised a long time friend that I would fish the event with him. Anytime a fellow pro pulled anywhere close to me I left immediately. Which by the way only happened once more throughout the day."

there is always 2 sides to each story and there you have both sides thumb
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Jacob Wheeler FLW Final day - 08/24/15 04:34 AM

Originally Posted By: T54

Kentucky Lake Bassfest.

What Matt Herren said:

Wheeler's response:

And if this is in fact exactly what happned and how Wheeler handled it, then I see now wrong in what he did and Herron is being a cry baby.
Posted By: GoArmy

Re: Jacob Wheeler FLW Final day - 08/24/15 01:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Same here. Can't put my finger on it. But a heck of a fisherman.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum