Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Bob

Posted By: OneFishAway

Ray Bob - 08/21/15 12:35 AM

Heading to Ray Bob in the morning. Anyone know what ramps are open? How's the lake fishing? TIA
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Ray Bob - 08/21/15 01:13 AM

Ramps, at this point it looks like everything but the 2 main state park ramps are now open.

Re: Ray Bob - 08/21/15 01:18 AM

Ok thanks, I probably launch at the marina then.

Re: Ray Bob - 08/21/15 02:30 AM

Is it safe to run the lake?
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Ray Bob - 08/21/15 03:15 AM

Originally Posted By: OneFishAway
Is it safe to run the lake?

Is it ever safe to run the lake? Lol

Re: Ray Bob - 08/21/15 03:19 AM

Touché

Re: Ray Bob - 08/21/15 03:21 AM

I mostly plan on fishing the south end of the lake. Not too interested in going up in the creeks...
Posted By: Chet

Re: Ray Bob - 08/21/15 01:35 PM

Needed to get my boat out on the water as it's been in the garage too long. Ran it for a while to get some new gas and additives run through it. Stopped on a point and tossed a light shaky head and got ambushed over and over again, wasn't sure what was after it but didn't ever get the hook. Ran some and tried another point same thing. Tied on a 1/4 trap and caught the little buggers one after the other. All 4 1/2 to 5 in. bass and they were everywhere. One heck of a spawn and great news for the future. Also be careful running the lake if you don't know it. I'm not a Ray Bob expert but got so used to running it 6-9 feet down that it looks like a new lake again and my old trails made me twitch a couple of times. It just looks different.
Posted By: NTX Fisherman

Re: Ray Bob - 08/21/15 03:45 PM

Ray Bob is full of these little boogers right now, and they will harass you all day no matter what you throw. I caught that one on a fat free shad.

If for some reason you get bored looking for big ones you can tie on a little crappie spinner and catch about a million of them.
Posted By: RangerBass21

Re: Ray Bob - 08/21/15 03:47 PM

Originally Posted By: OneFishAway
I mostly plan on fishing the south end of the lake. Not too interested in going up in the creeks...

Up north , lost lake point is full of baby 10" spotted bass.
Posted By: JkWho

Re: Ray Bob - 08/21/15 07:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Chet
Needed to get my boat out on the water as it's been in the garage too long. Ran it for a while to get some new gas and additives run through it. Stopped on a point and tossed a light shaky head and got ambushed over and over again, wasn't sure what was after it but didn't ever get the hook. Ran some and tried another point same thing. Tied on a 1/4 trap and caught the little buggers one after the other. All 4 1/2 to 5 in. bass and they were everywhere. One heck of a spawn and great news for the future. Also be careful running the lake if you don't know it. I'm not a Ray Bob expert but got so used to running it 6-9 feet down that it looks like a new lake again and my old trails made me twitch a couple of times. It just looks different.

Exactly what I found...They were attacking everything, including my braid as I was reeling back in.

Re: Ray Bob - 08/21/15 08:00 PM

Same here, I caught at least 10 on a 5XD. Literally the same size as the bait.
Posted By: B-rader

Re: Ray Bob - 08/21/15 08:32 PM

We had some bass and drum today . Small fish are everywhere.

Re: Ray Bob - 08/21/15 08:37 PM

TONS! Didn't know you were out there Brad, I would have came and hollered at you.
Posted By: B-rader

Re: Ray Bob - 08/21/15 10:33 PM

Yes sir I'm out there often
Posted By: mondohoss

Re: Ray Bob - 08/21/15 10:40 PM

I was throwing a buzzbait last weekend and those little bass were follwing it like schools of porpoises...

Re: Ray Bob - 08/21/15 10:55 PM

I'm gonna start going out there more often . Eagle Mountain has been getting old lately. Not too far from home either.
Posted By: bigtexnick

Re: Ray Bob - 08/21/15 11:17 PM

Those small fish could be the spawn of sharelunkers. Check this out: https://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish/action/stock_bywater.php?WB_code=0622 about halfway down shows the Sharelunker stocking

Re: Ray Bob - 08/22/15 12:23 AM

Next spring is gonna be amazing with all those. Prob be close to a pound by then.
Posted By: TheSinistral

Re: Ray Bob - 08/23/15 12:47 AM

Yep, same experience I had last week with swarms of those little 4" bass. Also wore out the drum on ultralight gear which still puts a smile on my face. Out again with the wife tomorrow...
Posted By: JkWho

Re: Ray Bob - 08/23/15 01:41 AM

Wind was pretty nasty in the main lake today for us little 18 foot boats
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Ray Bob - 08/24/15 03:54 AM

Originally Posted By: JkWho
Wind was pretty nasty in the main lake today for us little 18 foot boats

Man, I agree. I was there early afternoon-sunset. It finally died down, It was coming hard out of the north-east with the outflows from the storms that rolled through up there.

Ended up on the southwest side of Wolf catching the little schoolies. Then went back up north and had a good sized keeper chaise a TxRig, but lost it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum