Texas Fishing Forum

Squaw Creek

Posted By: jbhall1183

Squaw Creek - 08/17/15 12:36 PM

is there any place on the lake that holds more tilipia? Plan on taking my parents and wife to do some fishing. I know what baits just need a lil Info on where to fish.
Posted By: Tyler.Woods

Re: Squaw Creek - 08/17/15 01:52 PM

Up north in the river with night crawlers under a cork.
Posted By: 99champion

Re: Squaw Creek - 08/17/15 02:13 PM

Was out there Saturday and they didn't really want a worm under a bobber but was told at ramp they caught them on night crawlers on the bottom. I gave up with a rod and reel and threw a cast net. ended up bringing 144 home with me. Could have caught way more than that with bigger than a 3ft cast net. only stayed tell noon.
Posted By: jbhall1183

Re: Squaw Creek - 08/17/15 03:58 PM

Do they have a fillet station there?
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Squaw Creek - 08/17/15 03:59 PM

Yes they have electricity and running water..
Posted By: 361V

Re: Squaw Creek - 08/17/15 09:04 PM

Fish earthworms on a dropshot rig. Tie a hook 6-12" above the weight.
Posted By: COHLMEYER

Re: Squaw Creek - 08/17/15 09:19 PM

Originally Posted By: 99champion
Was out there Saturday and they didn't really want a worm under a bobber but was told at ramp they caught them on night crawlers on the bottom. I gave up with a rod and reel and threw a cast net. ended up bringing 144 home with me. Could have caught way more than that with bigger than a 3ft cast net. only stayed tell noon.

Wow. This post explains just how bad they have gotten. They were out of control 2 years ago. Sounds like it's gotten worse. I hope they take official action on trying to get rid of these things before they do damage to the lake that can't be reversed.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Squaw Creek - 08/17/15 09:55 PM

Originally Posted By: 361V
Fish earthworms on a dropshot rig. Tie a hook 6-12" above the weight.

They were on the bottom out in 15 feet or so in the river channel couple weeks ago
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum