Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Forking it Tomorrow

Posted By: Bassin2win

Lake Forking it Tomorrow - 08/16/15 11:54 PM

Anyone have any ideas on where to start tomorrow? My buddy is getting married in a few weeks, so this will probably be the last time we ever fish together! Haha! Last time we fished Fork was last May and she disappointed us. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Lake Forking it Tomorrow - 08/17/15 12:49 AM

If you didn't do well in May you should probably hire a guide.... Save you lots of heart ache.......right now it's all deep all the time and to have to move.....

Re: Lake Forking it Tomorrow - 08/17/15 12:52 AM

Thanks for the feedback man. Hope all is well....I was actually gonna PM you for some info but I erased the message from the time I sent you that care package. We'll give it a whirl and hope for the best! Either way, it beats a day at work!
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Lake Forking it Tomorrow - 08/17/15 01:13 AM

I didn't forget sir! It's tough out there but you can get bit if you pull up to the right spot at the right time......if I knew where to send you I would, thus the guide comment......if it's a special trip I really would hire one!
Posted By: Clark3

Re: Lake Forking it Tomorrow - 08/17/15 01:20 AM

I can send you some pin drops if you know/ want to fish deep via drop shot. But like posted above you have to move and follow bait
Posted By: Billy_Lawson

Re: Lake Forking it Tomorrow - 08/17/15 01:48 AM

early morning and late evening we have been catching quite a few pretty shallow. sometimes 3 ft or less, key is deep water access. these areas have channels with atleast 18 ft next to them. if you can findone ofthese channel swing areas on the map, you should be able to get a few bites there early. shakey heads and flukes have been best for us.

Re: Lake Forking it Tomorrow - 08/17/15 01:52 AM

Thanks for all the info fellas!
Posted By: GROD

Re: Lake Forking it Tomorrow - 08/17/15 01:52 AM

I'll be out there myself tomorrow... I've heard points and brush piles 14-23 ft of water been doing well... If there just prior to day break go more shallow! Good luck! Any boat issues on the water feel free to give me a pm.. gladly help out.

Re: Lake Forking it Tomorrow - 08/17/15 02:54 AM

Thank you sir! Appreciate the hospitality!
Posted By: Lou r Pitcher

Re: Lake Forking it Tomorrow - 08/17/15 03:29 AM

This morning's Lake Fork bite I just returned from was in select spots of shallow water (2-6 feet) in and at edge of vegetation near deep water lasted until AM sunlight just reached that waters surface, so EAST side shaded spots produced later than other sides. The bait fish (1/2" at most) jumping will show you exactly where to cast...didn't matter much what was thrown..Senko, Frog, Craw worm, Creature bait.... the feed was on if you can find them and when over it was over.

After sun was fully up, I found only few over last 4 days.... all on 18-20 feet contours on very bottom.

My closer Fayette county and Bastrop lakes seem to easily beat Fork these days.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum