Texas Fishing Forum

Squaw creek

Posted By: Spike7444

Squaw creek - 08/14/15 02:28 AM

Wanting to take dad to catch some tilapia tomorrow. Know this isn't about bass fishing but figured y'all might know how to catch some. I can handle myself bass fishing out there but tilapia I don't know about
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Squaw creek - 08/14/15 02:32 AM

Cast net .
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Squaw creek - 08/14/15 02:34 AM

Went Sunday and it sucked

Cast net for talapia Not many grouped up right now
Caught 30+ drum in 4' of water on a square bill

95+ temps in the river now
99 mid lake
Posted By: JimmyP

Re: Squaw creek - 08/14/15 03:05 AM

If you can stand the heat go toward the dam. Stop at the 3rd creek from the dam and go nearly all the way to the rear and throw a Strike King 1.0 crankbait in any shad color. You should be able to find the schools on your graph if you have one. I have seen them in there so thick they looked like hugh schools of big bait fish on the graph. Good luck because I know the water temp is gonna be over a 100 there and it will feel like a sauna.
Posted By: watermelon orange

Re: Squaw creek - 08/14/15 05:16 AM

Earth Worms dipped in NATTI sir. makes the natti taste better too. breakdance

Re: Squaw creek - 08/14/15 09:36 AM

Thanks guys for the info. Getting the boat loaded up as we speak. Going to go buy some worms just in case the square bills don't work. Dad is still sleeping but he will be up and in the truck at 6. Thanks again for all the help
Posted By: James P.

Re: Squaw creek - 08/14/15 10:29 AM

Go all the way back in river as far as you can go. We filled up a huge ice chest few weeks ago fishing worms on bottom in a foot of water. Take plenty of worms we went through 3 boxes good luck

Re: Squaw creek - 08/14/15 06:36 PM

Man we had a blast! Caught 49 total all the way up the river. We got out of there because it got to hot and we didn't have any room in the live well. Thanks fellow tff members for helping make this a memorable trip. Now I gotta clean some fish.
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: Squaw creek - 08/14/15 06:39 PM

Worms?
Posted By: ddmm

Re: Squaw creek - 08/14/15 06:45 PM

nice to see some good advice pay-off!
Posted By: Brocephus

Re: Squaw creek - 08/14/15 07:57 PM

Is it safe to eat fish out of a nuclear power plant discharge lake?
Posted By: buton

Re: Squaw creek - 08/14/15 08:05 PM

don't know but i have not heard on the news that people have died from eating squaw creek fish. so i guess is safe. as a matter of fact, i am not a radiation expert but water blocks some kind of beta particles or gama rays... as long as the fish are not in contact with the radiation is fine.
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Squaw creek - 08/14/15 08:08 PM

I would be more worried about fish coming out of the Trinity, than I would be from Squaw.

Im fine and been eating them for the last 2 years. But hey, Im 6" taller now!
Posted By: Karl Dietz

Re: Squaw creek - 08/14/15 11:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Fish Killer
I would be more worried about fish coming out of the Trinity, than I would be from Squaw.

Im fine and been eating them for the last 2 years. But hey, Im 6" taller now!

And your eyes glow in the dark? cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum