Texas Fishing Forum

Nitro changes line up for 2016

Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/13/15 09:29 PM

I just went to the Nitro website and it looks like for 2016 the Z7, Z8, and Z9 are no longer being produced and will be replaced by the Z20 and Z21 with limited availability on the Z6...interesting..... I guess there won't be a 18 foot boat compatible to the Z7.......

http://www.nitro.com/z-series-boats.cfm?modelyear=2016
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/13/15 09:40 PM

Z18 will be the comparable model to Z7.
Posted By: KB1953

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/13/15 09:47 PM

New Rangers OMG
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/13/15 09:54 PM

Originally Posted By: KB1953
New Rangers OMG
Posted By: Rob Lay

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/13/15 10:13 PM

The Allison owner/manager had been spreading rumors the Nitro would take the Ranger consoles and showed a picture, but they don't look the same to me.

Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/14/15 12:29 AM

Go walk around that z21 then go look at a Ranger z521c. It'll take a few minutes for to to even think about comparing them. They are 110% different boats. Only similarity is the motors on the back and some common shared parts/accessories. Ranger is still Ranger.
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/14/15 01:04 AM

looks like they lowered the deck too
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/14/15 01:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Rob Lay
The Allison owner/manager had been spreading rumors the Nitro would take the Ranger consoles and showed a picture, but they don't look the same to me.

The Nitro had been under development well before they buyout of ranger. there were some early pictures of the Z21 LONG before the buyout on BBC. They should still be up in anyone wants to do a search.

Sounds like that Allison guy had no clue about what he was talking about. Reminds me of a boat salesman that sold brand X then started selling brand Y. He now trashed brand X but funny he was not trashing them when he was selling them. Just the opposite... roflmao

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/14/15 01:19 AM

I like these new Nitros but I wonder if they are still going to be tight lipped about how they are constructed? They love to tell you how they build a trailer though..........
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/14/15 01:32 AM

Woohoo. New like up of trackers....

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/14/15 10:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Fish Killer
They are still doing the low ball price thing too. I guess they'll never give that up. That being said; it would be funny to see someone take one of these rigs equipped at their base level and nothing more, and go out and win a major. I promise you there are folks out there that could pull it off............
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/14/15 12:34 PM

It's still going to take time for them to get past being a Nitro. My BIL is a Nitro owner and when he bought it I was impressed with it. But every year I visited him more and more has gone wrong with it.
Posted By: NTX Fisherman

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/14/15 01:23 PM

Originally Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)
They are still doing the low ball price thing too. I guess they'll never give that up. That being said; it would be funny to see someone take one of these rigs equipped at their base level and nothing more, and go out and win a major. I promise you there are folks out there that could pull it off............

Look up Steve Kennedy and how many BFL/regional level tournaments he won out of a 40hp Bass Tracker and then a junky 90 hp 18 ft Ranger he bought for $1500 (so he could get priority FLW entry). He still fishes the elites out of a base level Z-8 that he won. No power poles, 5 inch graph. I know when he started competing out of it he had no graph on the bow, and then I saw a pic of him with a graph laying in the deck that I guess he could move around.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/14/15 01:31 PM

I like these new Nitros but I wonder if they are still going to be tight lipped about how they are constructed? They love to tell you how they build a trailer though..........

Yeah they dont have videos. But u can tour the plant anytime u want. I have.

Heck I fished out of a ranger z520 with a 225 this weekend. Fished out of alot of rangers. When u get down to it, what does it do differently. To me its just a status symbol that someone spent more then others. They are both great boats.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/14/15 01:54 PM

Originally Posted By: 400 Pound Guerrilla

Look up Steve Kennedy and how many BFL/regional level tournaments he won out of a 40hp Bass Tracker and then a junky 90 hp 18 ft Ranger he bought for $1500 (so he could get priority FLW entry). He still fishes the elites out of a base level Z-8 that he won. No power poles, 5 inch graph. I know when he started competing out of it he had no graph on the bow, and then I saw a pic of him with a graph laying in the deck that I guess he could move around.

I thought Kennedy runs a ranger.

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/14/15 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Dubee

I thought Kennedy runs a ranger.

I think this is his third year out of this Z-8. The trailer used to have a Nitro badge but he removed it because he doesn't like to advertise a brand for free. He's also famous for taping over the Yamaha badging on his old outboard; he says he quit doing it because people wouldn't stop asking about it.
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/14/15 02:28 PM

Originally Posted By: BMCD

Yeah they dont have videos. But u can tour the plant anytime u want. I have.

Heck I fished out of a ranger z520 with a 225 this weekend. Fished out of alot of rangers. When u get down to it, what does it do differently. To me its just a status symbol that someone spent more then others. They are both great boats.

This right here.

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/14/15 02:30 PM

Do some research on a gentleman named John Cox that fishes the FLW. Not a Nitro but he uses a bare bones approach to gear and accessories on his boat.

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/14/15 02:57 PM

So that is a nitro with a yamaha in that pick?
Posted By: 96speed

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/14/15 02:57 PM

I think this is his third year out of this Z-8. The trailer used to have a Nitro badge but he removed it because he doesn't like to advertise a brand for free. He's also famous for taping over the Yamaha badging on his old outboard; he says he quit doing it because people wouldn't stop asking about it.

To clarify, that is a Triton. Compare the bilge plumbing on the side to a Z8.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/14/15 02:58 PM

Stratos actually

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/14/15 03:15 PM

Originally Posted By: 96speed

To clarify, that is a Stratos. Compare the top cap, console to a Triton. roflmao Set yourself up for that one boss man.

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/14/15 03:18 PM

You may be right, he may have gotten a different boat. Regarding the motor, Kennedy has tended to repower periodically rather than buying a whole new boat. In this case he may have gotten a used boat with low hours? I'm not sure if Yamaha is still making that motor now that the SHOs have been out for a while.

Anyway, he takes a much different approach to boats than most guys.

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/14/15 03:33 PM

You sure that's not the same ranger he has had for yrs?

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/14/15 03:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Dubee
You sure that's not the same ranger he has had for yrs?

He fished out of this Nitro Z- 8 in 2013. This pic is from the elite event at Falcon. I believe he won the boat at a PAA event and just started fishing out of it.

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/14/15 03:59 PM

You may be right, he may have gotten a different boat. Regarding the motor, Kennedy has tended to repower periodically rather than buying a whole new boat. In this case he may have gotten a used boat with low hours? I'm not sure if Yamaha is still making that motor now that the SHOs have been out for a while.

Anyway, he takes a much different approach to boats than most guys.

That motor is at least a 2006 or older. 2007-2009 was the last few years and they has series2 on the cowling. I'm assuming that is the original motor for that boat. To my understanding he had an issue with his z8. His ol 519 was powered by a Yamaha vmax as well.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/14/15 04:18 PM

He is a beast! Still don't know why big name sponsors won't throw money at him. Maybe he just doesn't like the sponsor game and wants to do his own thing. Either way he kicks butt and doesn't get hardly any credit

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/14/15 04:31 PM

Kinda old but worth the read.

http://www.bassfan.com/news_article/2685/kennedy-on-sponsors-baits-and-bait-design#.Vc4XCerH9es

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/14/15 04:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

He is a beast! Still don't know why big name sponsors won't throw money at him. Maybe he just doesn't like the sponsor game and wants to do his own thing. Either way he kicks butt and doesn't get hardly any credit

He turned down a Toyota sponsorship because he wanted to travel with his family in a motorhome.

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/16/15 01:22 PM

Alright boys and girls I went to Bass Pro Bossier on a trip to visit the mother land and got to see the Z21 up close and personal this weekend. All I can say is OOOOHHH my God what a rig. I must have spent 30 minutes looking at this beast...... THE FRONT CASTING DECK; in all my years of being around and owning bass boats I've never; and I do mean NEVER in my lifetime, have seen a rig with a front deck this big. I think 4 people could fish off of it comfortably. It has all the fit a features that came on the Z9 as well. The seats are really nice with a real high back support much taller than the old ones. The base boat now comes without any electronics at all which is the way I like to buy a rig. I asked the sales rep if you got credit for the 5X Lowrance units if you upgraded and he said they didn't on the old line of boats, so since most folks will upgrade not having electronics already installed should save about $300 to $350. This rig was optioned up a little and was $6000 above the base catalog price, this is with no electronics or shallow water anchor system. I have some pics here but they didn't turn out very well because of low light conditions.

Posted By: slshaneus

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/16/15 02:38 PM

boy a sucker born every minute! who the h3ll buys a boat and finances it for 12 years??? total cost of boat 65,630 for a nitro you pay 15k in interest...

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/16/15 02:57 PM

Yep I agree and people buy these and other brands all the time in terms this long and longer ........ The interest would probably be more than you calculated because I think they deduct a 10% down payment......

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/16/15 06:02 PM

Yep! Sweet looking rig, buy that sucker, take it to the lake and enjoy....... And lose 33-40% of the value of what you paid in 12 months on a brand new Nitro. Nitro's are the Hyundai's of bass boats.

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/16/15 06:19 PM

So $50,000 for a boat with no electronics and no power pole?
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/16/15 06:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Der Vorsteher™

Or a max HP for the boat
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/16/15 06:46 PM

you don't have to buy a ranger to win tournaments just observe the weigh in of most club events. If someone likes nitro so be it. As for resale you pay more so you should get more back but don't give me this percentage [censored]. what is it with people that think they are special just because the choice made on a particular boat.
Get a life go fishing quit worrying about it.

J D stir
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/16/15 08:07 PM

I, personally, think the Nitro lineup is the best LOOKING boats made. Maybe they are cheaply made...maybe not. I know I've had one in the past and the only thing about it that DIDNT suck was the Nitro part. Lol. The motor, TM, charger, electronics, all were problems. And as far as I know, the problem parts are pretty much the same brands used in the over priced boats.

So... Mercury Pro XS. Same on all boats
MinnKota Fortex... Same on all boats
Lowrance/Hummingbird...same on all boats
Interstate Batteties....same on all boats
PowerPole/Talon...same on all boats
They almost all use the same brand bilge and live well pumps.
Atlas jack plates

Show me where the real advantage of buying a 60,000 dollar Skeeter, Ranger, Legend, Phoenix,etc vs a $35,000 Nitro equipped the same. Even if the Nitro depreciated rapidly, it would still be just as dependable to fish from. A $25,000 premium to "stay dry"? Haha. I used to pole down my boat and jump in to get wet. Lol.

When I get my new boat, it will likely be another Nitro. I have been on the fence at buying a Ranger. I just keep coming home after talking myself out of laying down $20,000 MORE for the same Mercury 250 Pro XS motor, Fortrex 112 TM, Hummingbird electronics, hotfoot, Interstate Batteries, MinnKota 4bank charger, dual power poles, etc that come on a $49,000 Nitro Z8. The Ranger equipped the same way is $65,000!

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/16/15 08:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank
Yep! Sweet looking rig, buy that sucker, take it to the lake and enjoy....... And lose 33-40% of the value of what you paid in 12 months on a brand new Nitro. Nitro's are the Hyundai's of bass boats.
Yep experienced this first hand..... Went from a Ranger to a Nitro but that being said I had my best run of tournament wins fishing out of a Tracker TX-17 tin can with a 60 horse on back........ This Z21 could be a game changer for Nitro and here's how they could do it....the folks @ Nitro could change this perseption just by simply showing the boat buying public how these boats are constructed on their website and in their brochures like Skeeter, Ranger, etc...... They don't have to show the whole thing just what makes the hull strong. Like I said previously they seem to want us to know all about how they build a trailer but I'm not going to be dragging their trailer through a stump field.........In the end its all in what you want.....I really like this Z21 and as soon as I get the money saved up to put me in a rig I will go back and look again........

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/16/15 08:32 PM

The difference I have seen in a Nitro vs. Other brands seems to be things like hinges, etc. Again I have owned a ChampioN and now a Skeeter. BIL owns a Nitro and have fished out of it a lot. His seats are tearing badly, hinges are poor quality, the finish on the inside is poor. His front deck is sagging where he stands. My ChampioN was an '96 and much etter shape than his '07. My '04 skeeter is in better shape and he babies the heck out of that thing. Maybe those little things have been improved but I don't know. The thing that gets me is. The base model Nitros have nothing and once you upgrade everything it really isn't that far off the other brands. The other thing I hear a lot is Bass Pro, I have gone in one and the guy knows jack squat about them and this has been in more than 1 Bass pro.

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/16/15 08:37 PM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
I, personally, think the Nitro lineup is the best LOOKING boats made. Maybe they are cheaply made...maybe not. I know I've had one in the past and the only thing about it that DIDNT suck was the Nitro part. Lol. The motor, TM, charger, electronics, all were problems. And as far as I know, the problem parts are pretty much the same brands used in the over priced boats.

So... Mercury Pro XS. Same on all boats
MinnKota Fortex... Same on all boats
Lowrance/Hummingbird...same on all boats
Interstate Batteties....same on all boats
PowerPole/Talon...same on all boats
They almost all use the same brand bilge and live well pumps.
Atlas jack plates

Show me where the real advantage of buying a 60,000 dollar Skeeter, Ranger, Legend, Phoenix,etc vs a $35,000 Nitro equipped the same. Even if the Nitro depreciated rapidly, it would still be just as dependable to fish from. A $25,000 premium to "stay dry"? Haha. I used to pole down my boat and jump in to get wet. Lol.

When I get my new boat, it will likely be another Nitro. I have been on the fence at buying a Ranger. I just keep coming home after talking myself out of laying down $20,000 MORE for the same Mercury 250 Pro XS motor, Fortrex 112 TM, Hummingbird electronics, hotfoot, Interstate Batteries, MinnKota 4bank charger, dual power poles, etc that come on a $49,000 Nitro Z8. The Ranger equipped the same way is $65,000!

I agree with this completely. I also bought a Nitro for these reasons.

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/16/15 08:38 PM

The difference I have seen in a Nitro vs. Other brands seems to be things like hinges, etc. Again I have owned a ChampioN and now a Skeeter. BIL owns a Nitro and have fished out of it a lot. His seats are tearing badly, hinges are poor quality, the finish on the inside is poor. His front deck is sagging where he stands. My ChampioN was an '96 and much etter shape than his '07. My '04 skeeter is in better shape and he babies the heck out of that thing. Maybe those little things have been improved but I don't know. The thing that gets me is. The base model Nitros have nothing and once you upgrade everything it really isn't that far off the other brands. The other thing I hear a lot is Bass Pro, I have gone in one and the guy knows jack squat about them and this has been in more than 1 Bass pro.
This is why I say it is all in what you want....... Because these boats do cost as much as a Skeeter, Bass Cat, 100 Series Ranger, etc., equally rigged, and they will have to prove their quality and that can only be done over the long haul......

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/16/15 08:42 PM

Frankly, I want them to turn it around. Heard to many horror stories of carpet coming up after 1 year, seats tearing at the seems at 6 months, hinges breaking and being loose after 1 year etc. CLEARLY Nitro has made a cheaper boat in the past. They have always had good looking boats, but who gives a rip about that when you are sitting in a boat that is falling apart after 2 years and you paid $50k-$55k for it and now it's worth $25k-$30k. I have seen it time and time again, a guy walks into BPS gets all fired up because they're pretty and shiny, buys it on whim and 2 years later he's on here trying to sell and he has a snowball's chance in h*ll of selling it for payoff and ultimately has to have it repossessed or keep it. Hopefully by reading this thread a guy or two can save themselves the headache of buying new Nitro from BPS and having that problem in a couple years when they decide they want out. That's all. Not trying to start a fight, just using facts and common sense to try and help. To each his own, if you want a Nitro, go for it, I truly hope it works out for you. thumb

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/16/15 10:24 PM

Like stated above. You
Are looking at 50k for a empty boat. Add two hds12s for 6500$ them 300$ to mount them. Along with twin blades at 3800 plus brackets 200$. And one hour labor. So about 61k for the boat rigged..... I was honestly disappointed with the z21 interior. Plastic breaks and there is a lot of it. The nitro's market is mainly the first time buyer. Price all of the other big names and it'll suprise you what you can purchase. Also when comparing to a skeeter calculate the additional 3k for the yamaha sho motor. Mercury pro xs is the cheapest engine available.

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/16/15 10:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo
Like stated above. You
Are looking at 50k for a empty boat. Add two hds12s for 6500$ them 300$ to mount them. Along with twin blades at 3800 plus brackets 200$. And one hour labor. So about 61k for the boat rigged..... I was honestly disappointed with the z21 interior. Plastic breaks and there is a lot of it. The nitro's market is mainly the first time buyer. Price all of the other big names and it'll suprise you what you can purchase. Also when comparing to a skeeter calculate the additional 3k for the yamaha sho motor. Mercury pro xs is the cheapest engine available.

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/16/15 11:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank
Originally Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo
Like stated above. You
this would explain the lack of construction info...... That being said the Nitro I had I owned 5 years and I never had a single issue with it but it was kept indoors under a cover and maticulously cared for........
Posted By: NitroUSAF

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/16/15 11:27 PM

WOW, you know what I find funny; Nitro is the most abused boats on TFF. Everyone finds a reason to dog them out. Cheaply made, doesn’t hold value…blah blah blah. The funny thing is how large of the bass boat market do they own. But that really doesn’t matter. The best boat on the market is whatever you can afford…bottom line. Don’t make a mistake and absorb someone else debt because it’s a popular status symbol. There are a lot of pros at all level that fish out of Nitro and all of them do not get them for free, but what do they know, they just fish for a living. Maybe the person that said nitro’s market is mainly the first time buyer is right. However my first boat was a Pro-Gator (not well known boat) but I took good care of it and it held it value very well. My last boat was 2006 Nitro 929, big heavy boat and not the fastest on the water. but man what a front deck and it could take big water better than any other boat. It held its value too (of course I took very good care of it), guy drove from New Orleans to buy it over several other boats he looked at in the DFW area. Hey here is a fact, all boats have issues…fix the little things before they become problems and your boat will be fine.
Truth is I can admit that I am bias. But I can also speak from experience (as a non-boater) that I have rode is just about every boat brand out there. Hey, if you want to debate measurable qualities or lack thereof, go for it. I am happy for you if you got the money go spend $65K plus Ranger, Skeeter or any other boat, but IMO the Nitro package is a good bag for your buck purchase? Of course for all of you who bash other boat models, I am sure you are the serious big-time pros…right. Wait a minute I just remembered, it’s not the boat that wins the tournament, it’s the fisherman. BUT just in case I am totally wrong. Please let us know what professional series you fish (BASS elite or FLW) so we Nitro owners can follow you and learn how that boat made you a winner.

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/17/15 12:21 AM

I can fully rig a skeeter ranger and Nitro. All the same. One will be cheaper.
Posted By: jcarring99

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/17/15 12:36 AM

I might be wrong but I think you can get a new skeeter zx250 with 9" touch screens and one power pole for around that price? If not its close. Give me the skeeter in that case. I've had two nitros and never had a problem any different than my ranger and now my skeeter. I actually liked the two intros I had a lot. Very fish able and looked great. I do like what I have now the most though.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/17/15 01:37 AM

Originally Posted By: jcarring99

I might be wrong but I think you can get a new skeeter zx250 with 9" touch screens and one power pole for around that price? If not its close. Give me the skeeter in that case. I've had two nitros and never had a problem any different than my ranger and now my skeeter. I actually liked the two intros I had a lot. Very fish able and looked great. I do like what I have now the most though.

You're correct about Skeeter having a compareable boat for the same price that is tournament ready..
If you look around there are super nice rigs ready to rock for under 50K.. With graphs/pole/or poles, a few of the high end boat companies are offerring these opitions for us.... Do your home work it will pay off in money saved...

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/17/15 02:31 AM

Originally Posted By: NitroUSAF
WOW, you know what I find funny; Nitro is the most abused boats on TFF. Everyone finds a reason to dog them out. Cheaply made, doesn’t hold value…blah blah blah. The funny thing is how large of the bass boat market do they own. But that really doesn’t matter. The best boat on the market is whatever you can afford…bottom line. Don’t make a mistake and absorb someone else debt because it’s a popular status symbol. There are a lot of pros at all level that fish out of Nitro and all of them do not get them for free, but what do they know, they just fish for a living. Maybe the person that said nitro’s market is mainly the first time buyer is right. However my first boat was a Pro-Gator (not well known boat) but I took good care of it and it held it value very well. My last boat was 2006 Nitro 929, big heavy boat and not the fastest on the water. but man what a front deck and it could take big water better than any other boat. It held its value too (of course I took very good care of it), guy drove from New Orleans to buy it over several other boats he looked at in the DFW area. Hey here is a fact, all boats have issues…fix the little things before they become problems and your boat will be fine.
Truth is I can admit that I am bias. But I can also speak from experience (as a non-boater) that I have rode is just about every boat brand out there. Hey, if you want to debate measurable qualities or lack thereof, go for it. I am happy for you if you got the money go spend $65K plus Ranger, Skeeter or any other boat, but IMO the Nitro package is a good bag for your buck purchase? Of course for all of you who bash other boat models, I am sure you are the serious big-time pros…right. Wait a minute I just remembered, it’s not the boat that wins the tournament, it’s the fisherman. BUT just in case I am totally wrong. Please let us know what professional series you fish (BASS elite or FLW) so we Nitro owners can follow you and learn how that boat made you a winner.
Same here; as I stated earlier my Nitro NEVER gave me any trouble after 5 years of use. The guy I sold it to was a coworker, he owned it about 2 or 3 more years after me and never had any issues with it. I did have to put the trolling motor back on it 3 times after it took off without the boat but that was attributed to bad mounting bushings from Motor Guide, nothing to do with Nitro..... I backed it over a submerged T-post and broke a chip out of the transom about the size of your thumb nail and had that fixed, insurance took care of it. There isn't a boat made that could have taken on a T-post without the same results. As far as broken hinges and that sort of thing, I've seen that with all brands of boats, cracked and torn vinyl that to and it can usually be attributed to a rig being left outside to face the elements......Those were the good attributes but in the end I did get a financial clock cleaning.........
Posted By: John P085

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/17/15 02:52 AM

It says HOT FOOT (Non-Verado motors only) Can you not have a hot foot on a verdao motor for some reason?
Also no blinker trim with a verado? Someone school me on what's up with that...

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/17/15 03:00 AM

Different style hot foot for the Verado. And you can have blinker trim but it might be a little different.

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/17/15 03:52 AM

I was at Cabelas not long ago and their 521 Ranger stickered for 84k.

I bought a Nitro. Same core components, and if a hinge comes loose i can tighten a screw.
Posted By: GhostRider32

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/17/15 01:28 PM

I was at Cabelas not long ago and their 521 Ranger stickered for 84k.

I bought a Nitro. Same core components, and if a hinge comes loose i can tighten a screw.

Yeah, I saw a Ranger at Cabelas for $82k a few months ago. It had a 250 Evinrude on it, power poles, nice graphs, etc... but for $82k?...... Comon, are people so desperate to keep up with the Jones's that they will pay anything for a name. Ranger has always had a good name but really, $82k plus another $6k to $10k for taxes, fees, etc....

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Rangerreg-Fisherman-621FS-Boat/1942830.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch%2F%3FN%3D%26No%3D20%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dranger%2Bboats%26Ntx%3Dmode%252Bmatchallpartial%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts%26WTz_st%3D%26WTz_stype%3DSP%26form_state%3DsearchForm%26recordsPerPage%3D20%26search%3Dranger%2Bboats%26searchTypeByFilter%3DAllProducts%26x%3D10%26y%3D6&Ntt=ranger+boats

Rig the Nitro Z21 the same as the Ranger and it will be at least $25k to $30k cheaper by the time you get it out the door. So what if you don't gt the "name". The fish don't care what you use and neither does anyone else other than the people who try to keep up with the Jones's.

Concerning resale value, a guy told me one time that I really needed to buy a 4wd truck because it would have higher resale value. I asked him that if I bought a 2wd for $25k and sold it 3 years later for 15k or if I bought a 4wd for 35k and sold it 3 years later for 25k, what was the difference? He really couldn't answer that other than he was one of the ones who like to keep up with the Jones's.

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/17/15 01:54 PM

Originally Posted By: jcarring99

Do they still offer that on 2016s? Nitro was doing that on there z9s with a 250. Honestly if it was not for Nitro package deals would there ever be a skeeter packaged at that price.
Posted By: Clark3

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/17/15 02:57 PM

These people crack me up. I catch more fish out of my 1200$ kayak with my HDS-5 then most of these guys with 80,000$ boats.
But at the same time if youve got the money to spend go for it! Lord knows I would, but you only look good untill the point the boat hits the water. Then that 80,000 boat can't cast a line for ya. I fished out of an 96 challenger 18' bass boat with a 150 for years and won plenty of tournaments on it.

it boils down to buy what you want, and can afford it's your money. But if you're buying an 80,000 boat on a 12 year note so you can feel like you're the next elite champion, I wouldn't value you're opinion too much. You must not understand the time value of money very much

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/17/15 05:02 PM

I guess the thing that really made me laugh about the whole deal was those $410 EASY PAYMENTS......I literally couldn't sleep at night if I had that hanging over my head for 12 years. Half that would be EASY for 6 years.........If I spend this much it will be because I have brought enough money to the table to make me comfortable with what it would cost me per month to own a rig in this price range........
Posted By: HasBen

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/17/15 05:15 PM

I haven't kept up with boat prices, I guess, but how does a Ranger and Nitro, equipped EXACTLY the same with EXACTLY the same electronics, motor, trailer, and accessories differ in price $25-30K? It seems to me the only variable would be the hull and a $30K difference just doesn't seem reasonable. I would guess it is the same old strategy they have used for a long time of pricing their boats with less than max hp, single axle trailers, and less than premium accessories. I believe, equipped exactly the same, the Ranger and comparable Nitro would be closer in price than $30K. Am I wrong?

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/17/15 05:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Clark3
These people crack me up. I catch more fish out of my 1200$ kayak with my HDS-5 then most of these guys with 80,000$ boats.
But at the same time if youve got the money to spend go for it! Lord knows I would, but you only look good untill the point the boat hits the water. Then that 80,000 boat can't cast a line for ya. I fished out of an 96 challenger 18' bass boat with a 150 for years and won plenty of tournaments on it.

it boils down to buy what you want, and can afford it's your money. But if you're buying an 80,000 boat on a 12 year note so you can feel like you're the next elite champion, I wouldn't value you're opinion too much. You must not understand the time value of money very much

Sounds like you are dominating the kayak tournaments then. If you are not fishing them you are leaving a lot of money on the table it seems.

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/17/15 05:22 PM

Kayak tournaments can't pay the bills buddy. I hardly have any time off, I'm not going to invest time in a kayak tournament.

My point was merely that buying a 80,000$ boat doesn't put you on the bass master elite series no matter how big it makes genitals grow

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/17/15 05:27 PM

Kayak tournaments can't pay the bills buddy. I hardly have any time off, I'm not going to invest time in a kayak tournament.

My point was merely that buying a 80,000$ boat doesn't put you on the bass master elite series no matter how big it makes genitals grow

I understand about tournanments but at the same time owning a small boat or kayak does not put you on a pedestal or give you some higher plane of being. No one on this thread bashed anyone for choosing to go small. seems you are the one that is concerned with how others spend their cash. You are coming off just as elitist as you are trying to make others be by running big new boats.
Before you say you struck a nerve with me I run a slightly older boat and plan on keeping it a good while since its paid for. That being said I am happy for anyone that chooses to own a boat of any size. They all are a blessing and a luxury.

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/17/15 05:31 PM

I guess you missed that part that's in bold. I fish to have fun, and I've won some tournaments and struck out more than I can count.

No need to be a keyboard warrior there buddy. You can think what you want

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/17/15 06:22 PM

I guess you missed that part that's in bold. I fish to have fun, and I've won some tournaments and struck out more than I can count.

No need to be a keyboard warrior there buddy. You can think what you want

I will just end it with good fishing to you. cheers

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/17/15 06:39 PM

Thank you sir. To you as well

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/17/15 07:10 PM

Its all what you want to do as far as what you want to spend. That little space bar on your headstone in the cemetery between the date you were born and when you passed away, you could say that is what drives me. What did I do with the time I had here on this earth. One of the things I'd like for my loved ones and friends to remember about me is that I was a tournament fisherman, not necessarily the best but I went after it with all I had and enjoyed it to the fullest. I'll need a good rig to accomplish that goal and I won't be doing that out of a yak. Everyone has different goals in their life and Ill need a big ole bass boat to accomplish what I set out to do with the rest of my life. If it was just fishing and nothing more a yak would be fine with me.
Posted By: NitroUSAF

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/17/15 07:18 PM

Wow this thread got crazy and needs a little positivity. Yes, the price of boats and the accessories are expensive and the price is not going down (no matter what brand)and long as someone is willing to pay the price. As the saying goes, “how much is a used car worth, whatever the consumer is willing to pay, it’s their money.” I love it when I see expensive boats that are totally loaded (heck they look good)…I say good for them if they can afford it.” The question is does it make you better fisherman? How many times have you seen the guy with the so-so boat win the money? You gotta love it; a good fisherman is a good fisherman no matter what boat they are in. Until then, buy what you can afford and enjoy having the ability to fish out of a boat. Next time you forget about what a thrill it is to have a boat…stop and talk to the person fishing from the bank. That being said, the temperature is starting to drop and we can access most lakes now, so let remember we are blessed to afford a boat and go fishing and catch some bass. OK I am done on my soapbox…I think I am going fishing on my boat, are they bringing back the Friday evening tournaments on Lewisville...Tower Bay is now open?
Posted By: daddy-do-right

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/18/15 02:03 AM

Found this on the web today.
2016 Z21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22grbJV-XAw
Posted By: Jeff Gilbert

Re: Nitro changes line up for 2016 - 08/18/15 01:17 PM

I'm not coming in here to knock Nitro boats, as most everyone knows we are the worlds largest Skeeter dealership and also became the DFW Phoenix dealer. But anyone saying that Skeeter is priced 15-30 thousand more have apparently never priced one. In most cases when comparing apples to apples, we can actually sell you one for about the same price or less. We offer SHO motors on the Skeeters and both Yamaha SHO and Mercury on Phoenix. I hope this helps clear up the misinformation on pricing to anyone who is buying into the false rumors being spread on here.
Either way a consumer should buy the boat they want, wether its a Nitro, or Skeeter (the top selling boat in Texas) or even a kayak- and enjoy the experience. At the end of the day, with great customer service from your dealership, you will enjoy whatever boat you decide on.
Good luck on the search!
Jeff
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum