Texas Fishing Forum

Honey Hole Monticello

Posted By: Mark Jones

Honey Hole Monticello - 08/11/15 05:08 PM

Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/11/15 05:19 PM

Great show. Watched it last night. Now Monticello will be all covered up on the weekend.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/11/15 05:35 PM

There goes the neighborhood.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/11/15 06:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris G
There goes the neighborhood.

Lol
Posted By: Corey C. Metroplex Insurance

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/11/15 07:00 PM

He always kills them there...
Posted By: LSM

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/11/15 07:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Corey C. Metroplex Insurance
He always kills them there...

He kills them everywhere he goes. I don't understand it.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/11/15 07:42 PM

How dare Bill enjoy himself and show others how to catch fish. The horror of it all.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/11/15 07:45 PM

what a pretty lake.
Posted By: dandeeks

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/11/15 07:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
How dare Bill enjoy himself and show others how to catch fish. The horror of it all.

lol. yup.
Posted By: ddmm

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/11/15 08:18 PM

They really need to make the shows more realistic.....film them on Saturdays!!
fish
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/11/15 08:55 PM

Awesome show. Good luck to everyone at Monti this weekend grin
Posted By: DJB

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/11/15 09:03 PM

Water temps 100+, Air temps 105+, Have Fun!

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/11/15 10:20 PM

Is this where I say stay off my lake!?!?!? hahahaha I could care less, I get to fish out there all year and its not like this is the first time he's filmed a great show out there. Just stating the obvious. Instead of what I've seen over the last month with 3 boats playing merry-go-round at the pipeline and maybe 5 other boats fishing other areas, it will now be 3 boats playing merry-go-round at the pipeline and 20 boats fishing other places with 15 of those up North.

If you guys happen to see me out there in my red Legend, just give me some room - it is "my" lake after all!! duel
Posted By: Chato

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/11/15 11:22 PM

Bill does August on Monticello ever year for at least the last 5 years. I've got 3 on DVR

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/11/15 11:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Chato
Bill does August on Monticello ever year for at least the last 5 years. I've got 3 on DVR

Of course when I got to film with him there last summer we could not buy a frog bite. Caught them deep though and had a blast.
Posted By: meP2too

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/12/15 12:03 AM

O'boy I can't wait for the second show, it took two years to reduce the pressure up there after his last "pad" show.

He needs to do another Athens show too.
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/12/15 12:57 AM

when is the last time he has done a show on Big Sam or the bend and any this year at those 2 lakes would love to watch them.

thanks

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/12/15 01:11 AM

Of course when I got to film with him there last summer we could not buy a frog bite. Caught them deep though and had a blast.

didn't you two pull out the drop shot's and catch em Mark?

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/12/15 01:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank

didn't you two pull out the drop shot's and catch em Mark?

I am ashamed to admit that I had to resort to a dropshot. We also caught them on 10XDs. woot
Posted By: buton

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/12/15 01:28 AM

Originally Posted By: ddmm
They really need to make the shows more realistic.....film them on Saturdays!!
fish

lol... i agree...

Bill will catch fish any day...
Posted By: Bugzout10

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/12/15 01:29 AM

He prefers the term fairy wand
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/12/15 02:14 AM

Is this where I say stay off my lake!?!?!? hahahaha I could care less, I get to fish out there all year and its not like this is the first time he's filmed a great show out there. Just stating the obvious. Instead of what I've seen over the last month with 3 boats playing merry-go-round at the pipeline and maybe 5 other boats fishing other areas, it will now be 3 boats playing merry-go-round at the pipeline and 20 boats fishing other places with 15 of those up North.

Ain't it the truth. Most guys won't brave the stump fields to get to the pads where Bill was fishing anyway! LOL
Posted By: lodell23

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/12/15 02:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master
when is the last time he has done a show on Big Sam or the bend and any this year at those 2 lakes would love to watch them.

thanks
Im pretty sure he did one on rayburn sometime this past winter
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/12/15 02:30 AM

Well, dang... Probably the same week we were out there, MBC, JDAMAGE. Wish we had gone up north, not just played with the Jim Specials at the dam.
Posted By: DJB

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/12/15 02:43 AM

Would love to see shows on Rayburn , Toledo Bend, etc. The small lakes are fun to watch but a lot of times Bills just fishing the same holes at the same time of year. Just my thoughts. A larger lake would have more options. I'm not hating ,I really enjoy the show and realize there are limits as to the things they can do
Posted By: LSM

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/12/15 11:58 AM

Sam Rayburn 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM78KvKYRW0
Posted By: Slade

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/12/15 12:54 PM

Overstating the obvious, but Bill can flat out catch them anywhere under any conditions. They where catching some nice ones in those pads, I love frog fishing in pads but I don't ever get into them that fast and furious.
Posted By: dandeeks

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/12/15 01:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.

Ain't it the truth. Most guys won't brave the stump fields to get to the pads where Bill was fishing anyway! LOL
I do believe the original comment was made with sarcasm.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/12/15 02:36 PM

we went out there 3 weeks after Bill did and only caught small ones. The heat wave had been going for about 2 weeks and for us fishing stunk.

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/12/15 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By: dandeeks

I do believe the original comment was made with sarcasm.

Yes sir, I realize that. I know the two authors pretty well. My post was just to add credence to Chris' statement that not many guys will venture into the concrete stump jungle to get to the pads in back of Blundell Creek.
wink

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/12/15 09:04 PM

Yes sir, I realize that. I know the two authors pretty well. My post was just to add credence to Chris' statement that not many guys will venture into the concrete stump jungle to get to the pads in back of Blundell Creek.
wink

Especially right now Ken!!! The lake was about 12-18" low this last weekend and that is a DANGEROUS level when heading up in Blundell or Smith. It puts those stumps that are 18+ inches across at the perfect level to high center you in a hurry. I have a pretty good line I idle way up into Blundell and I had 2 very close calls last Saturday. One of those times I was certain we were about to be sitting there like a dead duck but got luck with a quick turn and lead foot.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/12/15 09:07 PM

Those trees suck never hit harder trees them the ones out there
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/13/15 12:02 AM

Iding through stumps suck
But it can't be as bad as the north end of Palestine
Posted By: Billy_Lawson

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/13/15 03:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Fish Killer

bout the same in places but monti stumps are unusually firm

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/13/15 03:25 AM

Originally Posted By: coachallentca
we went out there 3 weeks after Bill did and only caught small ones. The heat wave had been going for about 2 weeks and for us fishing stunk.

Exactly what I was thinking as I watched it. Bill's shows run about 5 weeks behind, he caught the end of the "cooler" weather, a few weeks later, it was blistering H-O-T and that bite was...... she gawn!

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/13/15 03:27 AM

Is this where I say stay off my lake!?!?!? hahahaha I could care less, I get to fish out there all year and its not like this is the first time he's filmed a great show out there. Just stating the obvious. Instead of what I've seen over the last month with 3 boats playing merry-go-round at the pipeline and maybe 5 other boats fishing other areas, it will now be 3 boats playing merry-go-round at the pipeline and 20 boats fishing other places with 15 of those up North. [/quote]

[/quote] I do believe the original comment was made with sarcasm.
[/quote]

wink
[/quote]

couldn't you head up under the bridge then put the trolling motor down and fish the S. West bank all the way up into Blundell?
Posted By: meP2too

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/13/15 03:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Billy_Lawson

I think the stumps near Hawn's Point on Palestine are the most petrified.
but,
I was fishing near the old "blue boat" at monti several years ago and watched two guys impale their Gambler on a nearby stump on a windy day. They got off on their own power but i followed them to the ramp, just to make sure they got there safely.
Posted By: BaylorBass

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/13/15 04:29 AM

I can attest to the Monti stumps... I believe I have hit just about every one near the train track bridge. You should see my chart in that area... littered with waypoints to avoid! haha

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/13/15 12:32 PM

couldn't you head up under the bridge then put the trolling motor down and fish the S. West bank all the way up into Blundell?

Yes sir you can but it takes a while to troll all the way back to the pads. There is a little pig trail believe it or not, near the west bank. Been down it literally hundreds of times. Fished with Tommy Milam back in '75 and he ran it on plane all the way!! White knuckle ride for sure but he did it.
Posted By: Brandon Adamcik

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/13/15 03:16 PM

My buddy impaled a bullet north of the railroad bridge several years ago. It went through the hull under my seat. He had to goose the 300 pretty good and rip us free. Hauled tail to the ramp with bilge running and called it a day. Thin hull did not like old Monti.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/13/15 03:40 PM

Ken,
I have fished with David Waller several times many years ago and he would make that same exact run on plane, so I know exactly how ya feel. Hell he would run on plane all the way up North on Welsh.

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/13/15 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Ranger1
Ken,
I have fished with David Waller several times many years ago and he would make that same exact run on plane, so I know exactly how ya feel. Hell he would run on plane all the way up North on Welsh.

Can you say PUCKER FACTOR!!!
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/17/15 01:15 AM

Impaled me own Skeeter going idle speed in that same area 4 years ago in January right after dark. You would be surprised how much water comes in a 4 inch dia hole right under the drivers seat. Fished through that area on at least a hundred trips, my number was just up this time. Did make it back to the ramp about hour and a 1/2 later.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/17/15 05:02 AM

Yes sir you can but it takes a while to troll all the way back to the pads. There is a little pig trail believe it or not, near the west bank. Been down it literally hundreds of times. Fished with Tommy Milam back in '75 and he ran it on plane all the way!! White knuckle ride for sure but he did it.

Tommy Milam didn't always succeed. I saw him tear up his Tidecraft Wildfire one day. No GPS then. He was crazy the way he ran the upper end. He would run on plane on Smith Creek above the RR bridge. Those Tidecrafts would run but were junk( my 1st new boat was an '85 Wildfire).
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Honey Hole Monticello - 08/17/15 11:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Billy_Lawson

Hehe......they are now taking reservations thru their website and price is now $30/boat to launch. Gotta be in line quick to even get on the lake. Great Honeyhole, btw!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum