Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Roberts advice

Posted By: gonefishin84

Ray Roberts advice - 08/10/15 03:02 AM

I'm going to hit ray bob tomorrow for the first time in my boat, any advice on where to begin fishing? I'll be getting there around 2-3 pm and fishing till dark.
Posted By: JkWho

Re: Ray Roberts advice - 08/10/15 03:23 AM

Bring a lot of drinking water, your Buff, and some long sleeves...GOING TO BE HOT
Posted By: mactowntider

Re: Ray Roberts advice - 08/10/15 03:35 AM

If it was me i would begin by... finding a different lake, just sayin
Posted By: gonefishin84

Re: Ray Roberts advice - 08/10/15 03:50 AM

Yea I'm prepared for hot weather, if I get off in time I'll head to fork. Ray bob is closest lake to me and I've been wanting to fish it for awhile. I know the flood has messed everything up and not sure if they'll be deep in the afternoon and head up shallow in the evening or sticking around the newly flooded areas.
Posted By: JkWho

Re: Ray Roberts advice - 08/10/15 04:07 AM

Seems like everything is fishing tough right now...I love Bob so go have a good time and report back on what you see and catch
Posted By: lodell23

Re: Ray Roberts advice - 08/10/15 05:32 PM

Someone mentioned spinnerbaits in the flooded willows but i haven't fished it...
Posted By: steph670

Re: Ray Roberts advice - 08/10/15 06:22 PM

I have the best of luck in the early mornings and later afternoons about 5:00pm. The marina docks are descent and the flooded willows. Patience is the game...good luck
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Ray Roberts advice - 08/10/15 07:09 PM

I fished Roberts for the first time in 3 years Saturday. I started at daylight in Lynn creek up tight fishing the flooded brush and isolated willows then moved all over the stinking lake. NADA
About 11 o clock I moved out to some of the humps and nothing and the 3rd hump I went to I caught 2 and lost two. Called it a day about three. I started to get a little warm.
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: Ray Roberts advice - 08/10/15 07:38 PM

I have fished hard the last three Saturday afternoon/evenings with very limited success. Most of the small fish I have caught(less than 10 in three trips) have been on the outside edge of the flooded stuff with top water. Some would say find a different lake but at this point it has become a challenge for me to try and figure something out. I have fished that lake since 94 and I know where they live but they have not been home! I did catch about a 15lb long nose gar the other day on 8lb test, spinning rod, and a little crank bait I throw when the bite is tough. That was fun and a first for me.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum