Texas Fishing Forum

Do not go to Gander mountain in lake worth!!

Posted By: Got5Fishing

Do not go to Gander mountain in lake worth!! - 08/04/15 01:12 AM

So i went up there to get 2 lews tournament sk combos there on the website listed for 79.99. When i get there the sign says 99.99 i proceeded to
show the manager skinny kid blond hair really really rude he looks at the ad and the ad in the store says 79.99. When the he shows me a portion of the
ad in very very fine print that (prices are subject to change at times without notice). I start to argue for a few min then he says the price is 99 if u want one then get it and he walks off!. As my blood pressure rises i stop him and say this sign here says (low price guaranteed) the managers now
return with if u find it cheaper some where else then go there and i ask u price match he says yes walks off again.

So i hop on the interweb and find it for 80 bucks on overton.com. Show the kid this and he says with huge attitude WE ONLY PRICE MATCH WITHIN 5 MILES
AND NO ONLINE PRICE MATCHING. i said WTH!!!!! so with this story do not go expecting good service and price guarantee.
Posted By: SpiderJig

Re: Do not go to Gander mountain in lake worth!! - 08/04/15 01:16 AM

Were you going to use them on Marine Creek during the ski event?
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: Do not go to Gander mountain in lake worth!! - 08/04/15 01:19 AM

E-mail Gander Mountain and tell them what happened. I e-mail companies when I get bad service and you'd be surprised how fast they want to remedy the situation. Our money is what keeps them in business.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Do not go to Gander mountain in lake worth!! - 08/04/15 01:21 AM

I looked,..shows, reg price 149, marked down to 99.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Do not go to Gander mountain in lake worth!! - 08/04/15 01:22 AM

I guess the fine print does matter, I never read it, lol.

Life's too short to get upset over $20 IMO
Posted By: Brad R

Re: Do not go to Gander mountain in lake worth!! - 08/04/15 01:46 AM

The old adage:

"The big print gives it to you; the little print takes it away."

Brad
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Do not go to Gander mountain in lake worth!! - 08/04/15 01:56 AM

I had just looked online for some deals yesterday. The sk combo is advertised at $99, regularly $149.
What you saw was the SK REEL, not the combo. The reel alone is advertised at $79, reg $129. Most of the big box stores don't accept online prices for matching. Sounds like he was right about the price but wrong in how he handles a customer. He should have known his own sales well enough to correct you on the problem. Walking way from a customer is never good from a salesperson, let alone a manager. If you were causing a disturbance about it then he should have asked you to leave. If not then he should have dealt with it. Call the district manager and complain.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum