Texas Fishing Forum

Humminbird

Posted By: RangerBass21

Humminbird - 08/03/15 01:03 PM

To the pro humminbird guys , how do you like your humminbirds? Any pros cons? Thinking switching over to humminbird.
Posted By: DEFMP

Re: Humminbird - 08/03/15 01:26 PM

Switching from what? Electronics are tools for finding fish, they won't catch them for you. If you understand your electronics and what fish look like, I truly believe there isn't much of an advantage between brands. It's all about what you're comfortable with.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Humminbird - 08/03/15 01:45 PM

If "pro Humminbird" means use of them rather than a professional angler using Humminbirds-----

I use the Humminbird Imaging units since they are not only a search tool, they are a fishing tool. I spend a lot more time fishing than riding around searching. I search as I fish. The units are adjustable for both purposes. My bow unit gets the use hours with the transducer on the trolling motor. I wanted the best tool for that use and Humminbird Side Imaging and 360 is it.

They way you fish and the waters you fish should determine which products suits you the best.
Posted By: Billy_Lawson

Re: Humminbird - 08/03/15 02:10 PM

The biggest advantage is the lake master chip IMO. You can do a lot more with the functions of this over avionics and its a hbird only chip. If you switch make sure you get that. The side and down scan pic seems a little better with birds and sonar seems a little better with lowrance. These differences are negligible however as both brands are quality in these areas. Was a lowrance user now have birds.
Posted By: 921ELITE Cranker

Re: Humminbird - 08/03/15 02:32 PM

I just bought a new boat and put Two ONIX 10 HD SI units on it. They are unreal!!! I have never had sonar that was that clear and interference free. Super clear and sensitive.
Posted By: Santonio Banderas

Re: Humminbird - 08/03/15 02:35 PM

Humminbirds are good units (depending on model) I switched from the birds to Garmin and wouldn't switch back (just my preference) but Humminbirds have good DI and SI units and the navionics chips work real well in them.
Posted By: Drop_shot_king

Re: Humminbird - 08/03/15 02:56 PM

Throw all of your humminbird sgraphs away and buy a garmin.
Posted By: Santonio Banderas

Re: Humminbird - 08/03/15 04:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Drop_shot_king
Throw all of your humminbird sgraphs away and buy a garmin.

Yes just throw them away!
Posted By: stetson

Re: Humminbird - 08/04/15 12:21 AM

I like mine just learn to use them correctly
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Humminbird - 08/04/15 12:31 AM

look at a Garmin,...just saying...93sv is so easy,
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum