Texas Fishing Forum

Anyone fishing at night on Athens?

Posted By: Captain Break-Off

Anyone fishing at night on Athens? - 07/31/15 08:59 PM

Headed over to Athens tomorrow night, just wondering if anyone had been fishing it at night? Any luck? Just wondering if it will be worth my while. I guess just being on the lake is worth the time.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Anyone fishing at night on Athens? - 08/01/15 02:36 PM

Main lake points and boat docks.
Posted By: Mulholland

Re: Anyone fishing at night on Athens? - 08/01/15 02:50 PM

If you aren't sure if it is worth your while, you shouldn't be fishing at all loco
Posted By: Nutman

Re: Anyone fishing at night on Athens? - 08/01/15 03:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Mulholland
If you aren't sure if it is worth your while, you shouldn't be fishing at all loco

Well,,, that's a little harsh and condescending
Posted By: oldcoot

Re: Anyone fishing at night on Athens? - 08/01/15 06:25 PM

Fishing is just a fun way to waste time unless your doing it for a living.
Posted By: Captain Break-Off

Re: Anyone fishing at night on Athens? - 08/01/15 07:13 PM

Guess you didn't read my post all the way to the end. People just like you are the reason I don't post here much.
Posted By: lipjerk

Re: Anyone fishing at night on Athens? - 08/01/15 07:28 PM

I just got back from fishing there. We got on the water around eight last night, and got off around nine this morning, took a two hour nap between two and four. We caught a few between ten and midnight, and from five to seven this morning. All fish came from a t-rig in ten to fifteen feet, and they were hammering the bait. We didn't have much luck on docks, all off of main lake points. I caught the largest just under twenty four inches, we did not weigh it but maybe between seven and a half to eight. We caught around eighteen all together smallest was three pounds, majority were between three and a half to four. So for us that's a pretty good trip.
Posted By: Chato

Re: Anyone fishing at night on Athens? - 08/02/15 12:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Captain Break-Off

Guess you didn't read my post all the way to the end. People just like you are the reason I don't post here much.

^^^^Ditto^^^^
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum