Texas Fishing Forum

Toledo Bend Suggestions

Posted By: 4967

Toledo Bend Suggestions - 07/31/15 08:05 PM

Looking for info on:

Really good guide on this lake for big large mouth bass in the fall.
Nice lodge on the lake with good food and atmoshpere.

I've never fished this lake, and feel like I need to remedy that.

Thanks,

Clay
Posted By: Bigron119

Re: Toledo Bend Suggestions - 07/31/15 08:11 PM

Ohhhh Well!!!
Fin & Feather Resort, best food and good clean rooms at good affordable prices!!!

http://www.toledo-bend.net/feather/
There has been several several posts about them here and all good positive reviews!!! Long Post but good info about the quality and reputation of the Fin & Feather Folks and Guides over there!!!

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/10802513/Re:_Need_Ya'lls_Opinion:_Toled#Post10802513
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Toledo Bend Suggestions - 07/31/15 08:49 PM

A guide for only big fish?

Are there guides that guide for small fish?
Posted By: 4967

Re: Toledo Bend Suggestions - 07/31/15 09:45 PM

Crappie, yep.
Numbers, yep.
Hmmm, caught them here yesterday, let's go get some white bass, yep.
Posted By: 1442

Re: Toledo Bend Suggestions - 07/31/15 11:22 PM

catch a few small ones up shallow early then ride around looking like you're looking the rest of the day because it's hot, yep.

Tbend with a really good guide searching for a big bite sounds like a lot of fun.

There's big fish from one end to the other on Tbend and it is a lake that everyone should get to experience at least once,it's so big and diverse that one trip could hardly scratch the surface, but it would be one to remember for sure.

A trip to the South end, middle and far North end would be a good way to really get a feel for just how awesome Toledo Bend is.

Sorry I can't recommend a guide but I think you have a good plan and I wish you luck!
Posted By: Okhissa2

Re: Toledo Bend Suggestions - 07/31/15 11:29 PM

Guides - Darold Gleason ,,,,,,,, Food - I like Big Mamas restaurant
Posted By: kking

Re: Toledo Bend Suggestions - 07/31/15 11:44 PM

Never stayed at fin and feather but I have heard a lot of good things about it. Darold Gleason is who I would recommend as a guide. Good luck. Your gonna have a blast!
Posted By: oneshot

Re: Toledo Bend Suggestions - 08/01/15 12:51 AM

Harold Allen is a top notch crappie guide that will give lesson's on the water for locating. Think he works out of ToledoTownNTackle
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: Toledo Bend Suggestions - 08/01/15 03:52 AM

Fin and Feather
Darold Gleason
Posted By: JimmyP

Re: Toledo Bend Suggestions - 08/01/15 05:22 AM

Fin & Feather resort and Darold Gleason for a guide. You Can't do better than that, maybe as good but not better. LOL
Posted By: Lee in Texas

Re: Toledo Bend Suggestions - 08/01/15 12:25 PM

Guide: Darold Gleason Darold Gleason Website and Contact
Lodge: Tom Sistrunk owner/operator Fin n' Feather Resort link in my signature
Man, I can only tell you I have been there once on my 'bucket list wish'..... Tom set this all up, he follows here on the TFF and his whole staff will make sure you have nothing but a great experience.
David ?? also works (well kinda) out of there as base of operations as Pro Guide (Tom can hook you up with him) for bass AND crappie
You will NOT regret it....EXPERIENCE OF A LIFETIME !!!
God Bless
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum