Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Lewisville

Posted By: TDR2

Lake Lewisville - 07/31/15 07:06 PM

Anyone know of any tournaments coming up on Lewisville? Seems like a lot of trails have left this lake off their lists lately. Yes yes, its summer time and all that jazz... but in general, I use to fish events on lew all the time and it just doesnt seem to be that way any more.
Posted By: Mulholland

Re: Lake Lewisville - 07/31/15 07:19 PM

Lew has been out of limelight for a long while. low water wasn't helping it... maybe this year will be better. Sure to see tournaments on some fresh lakes this spring vs.t he past few years though, I bet someone will pick up Lew for something. If they keep the water in it, it's going to be a hell of a fall and spring for sure.
Posted By: TDR2

Re: Lake Lewisville - 07/31/15 08:16 PM

It has been. Use to be a pretty popular spot for North Texas tourney's and from what I remember (its been a while it seems), that lake always drew well.

Is the Fort Worth Bass Club not going to be holding their St. Jude Open there this year?
Posted By: hvtexskeeter

Re: Lake Lewisville - 07/31/15 09:19 PM

Could be that the lake was flooded starting in May this year and there are no places to hold the tournements and just this past few weeks a couple ramps have reopened.
Posted By: Ranger Z21

Re: Lake Lewisville - 08/01/15 03:20 PM

Originally Posted By: hvtexskeeter
Could be that the lake was flooded starting in May this year and there are no places to hold the tournements and just this past few weeks a couple ramps have reopened.

What he said
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum