Texas Fishing Forum

joe pool

Posted By: fishinlance

joe pool - 07/31/15 12:22 AM

How do you get on the pool any ramps open?
Posted By: aquaholic1822

Re: joe pool - 07/31/15 01:27 AM

still closed
Posted By: Mulholland

Re: joe pool - 07/31/15 04:56 AM

Ramps closed, lake full of poo, norgin happening until mod-late sept I bet honestly... Lake is gonna on fire late fall/winter
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: joe pool - 07/31/15 07:47 AM

I'm not even sure if Sept. is going to be good. I weng through Loyd park the other day. It had the last usable ramp before closure. The rods in the park was still under water and about half the picnic area. They've been pumping out more but still have a lot to go. I tried ginding out at what level ghey would consider reopening but they did not know

Re: joe pool - 07/31/15 01:06 PM

it isn't about the level but more safety concerns of cleaning the park once the level returns, it's a mess... but mid-late Sept. is a 1.5-2mo away out yet, so we will see. Hopefully before too long!
Posted By: Corey C. Metroplex Insurance

Re: joe pool - 07/31/15 04:13 PM

I was told the aren't letting water out. Only way its dropping is evaporation. I could have got bad info. It has been painful not having pool this summer.
Posted By: Brandon Adamcik

Re: joe pool - 07/31/15 04:19 PM

Mountain creek has been flowing out of pool so I'm guessing they are letting out. Just not large volumes. They have to share the trinity with vine, Lewisville, etc.
Posted By: aquaholic1822

Re: joe pool - 07/31/15 07:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Brandon Adamcik
Mountain creek has been flowing out of pool so I'm guessing they are letting out. Just not large volumes. They have to share the trinity with vine, Lewisville, etc.

he's rights, they're letting very little out of JP since it flows to mountain creek which goes to the trinity

lots of people fishing the spillway everyday
Posted By: Tyler.Woods

Re: joe pool - 07/31/15 07:33 PM

Everyone thinks it'll be on fire when a ramp opens, it'll suck just like it did before it flooded lol
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: joe pool - 07/31/15 11:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Tyler.Woods
Everyone thinks it'll be on fire when a ramp opens, it'll suck just like it did before it flooded lol
roflmao
Posted By: Slade

Re: joe pool - 07/31/15 11:46 PM

People thought I was crazy when I said about a month ago that it may not be open until November, and that may be a stretch. It's dropping a few inches a day and it's over 100 degrees. I would be very suprised it was open by mid September
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: joe pool - 08/01/15 05:13 AM

flush
Posted By: SkipKrieger

Re: joe pool - 08/04/15 10:13 PM

My boat is in a slip so I have been out a few times in the past month. I was not able to locate any fish to speak of. They are definitely not where they usually are this time of year. I tried coves, points, humps, etc. at all depths and got nothing. As usual we caught more fish with minnows in our slip than we did on the lake.

Re: joe pool - 08/04/15 10:23 PM

When did it suck? noidea

I just downright like that lake. There are some awesome submerged laydowns there that hold sweet fish that places like Lewisville would be so much nicer with...
Posted By: blooper961

Re: joe pool - 08/04/15 10:26 PM

Flooded the fish have many areas to scatter that they had not before.

Re: joe pool - 08/04/15 10:29 PM

I don't think it's them having more room to scatter as much as it is them having to adapt to rapidly changing conditions. All the lakes are tough to fish because the fish are tough to pattern when conditions are ever changing. Rapid rising then steady falling waters, the muddy waters that come with that, the thermocline setting in on top of it, the massive movement of silt with the steady water flow everywhere has had... it's a lot of big changes to a big ecosystem and we are hunting little fish. Definitely makes things ore challenging!
Posted By: Ricky Taylor

Re: joe pool - 08/04/15 11:00 PM

I was on Joe Pool lake yesterday and all the new flooded timber looks so appealing! But I still know the deep spots hold good fish. It was smooth as glass on the lake. Its really crazy how different the lake looks after rising a lot. It got bigger!
Posted By: wlgorman

Re: joe pool - 08/04/15 11:35 PM

ramps still closed?

Re: joe pool - 08/04/15 11:37 PM

Joe Pool is the most challenging lake in the metroplex anyway

Re: joe pool - 08/05/15 02:58 AM

Ramps still closed to public. Boat slip owners have access on the lake from 8am-8pm
Posted By: DAN-O

Re: joe pool - 08/05/15 02:22 PM

I disagree! Lake Arlington is the most challenging lake in the metroplex by far!

Re: joe pool - 08/05/15 04:55 PM

Both lakes are tough. You can hero or zero on Arlington and pool you gotta know where to drag your bait grin

Re: joe pool - 08/05/15 05:24 PM

Marine Creek Lake is tougher than a bad day on both of those lakes combined! nannyboo

I've always thought Pool was a great fishery and easier than most of the other larger metroplex reservoirs haha, just goes to show perspective is everything!

Re: joe pool - 08/05/15 05:50 PM

Pool is 9.76 feet high still.
Closed until who knows how long.
Posted By: Wayne McLean

Re: joe pool - 08/05/15 06:38 PM

Ricky--I assume you or your family have a slip on Pool. I do too, but haven't been out because the electricity is out and I'm on a lift. Also, don't know how I would recharge the trolling motor batteries. Have you figured how to handle that?

I can't wait to get back out there--they will probably open the ramps when it gets down to around 3ft high. I don't know when the Marina is going to regain electricity to the slip area.

Re: joe pool - 08/05/15 06:58 PM

shoot, I wish, I'm locked out of Pool till lake levels drop down, I am hoping for mid-late sept, but that is really optimistic at this point... the only closed lake I had a hook up for access on was Lewisville. I will probably be spending most of my local fishing time on Lavon for right now though as it is stabilizing more quickly than the other lakes because it was so low and got to dump so much so quickly when it needed to.

That said, You can get a cheap generator if you want to, take it out to the slip, charge the tm batteries, etc. Or borrow one form someone in exchange for some exclusive Joe Pool fishing action perhaps haha!

Re: joe pool - 08/05/15 07:30 PM

Lloyd park ramp was the last ramp that was usable before it flooded over 8 ft. It should be usable in a few weeks I would guess but they'll probably have to clean it all up first. I bought the yearly pass for nothing!! The Big Bass bonanza had been pushed back several times and I go back to school in late August, I need to defend my title!! Lol
Posted By: 1dbaughman

Re: joe pool - 08/05/15 07:43 PM

I spoke with the folks at the state park and they said there was an issue with the dam. Said they were having to work on it. Anyone else hear that?

Re: joe pool - 08/05/15 09:09 PM

Wayne, we do have a slip for 2 Jet Skis and we don't have a lift just a floating thing to drive the jet skis on. My bass boat is at home and Im going to call them and see if I can "test" my boat out before I put it in the slip but Ill go fishing all day and load her up on the trailer after im done and go back home, repeat.

Re: joe pool - 08/05/15 09:17 PM

rofl, didn't even realize he was addressing you, my actual name is Richard and I got by Ricky haha too funny! Didn't even occur to me that I don't know him and he wouldn't know my name probably dunce
Posted By: otis farmer

Re: joe pool - 08/06/15 01:09 AM

I was out at poop monday ramp my open friday
Posted By: otis farmer

Re: joe pool - 08/06/15 01:12 AM

well joe pool will open ramp friday
Posted By: fishinlance

Re: joe pool - 08/06/15 02:13 AM

Which ramp?

Re: joe pool - 08/06/15 03:46 AM

Hhahahaah! I just caught that
Posted By: txsfshn

Re: joe pool - 08/07/15 08:53 PM

Yea sometimes I have to call it Joe Poop too! LMAO!!!

Re: joe pool - 08/07/15 10:56 PM

I tried calling but only got a recording that the ramp was still closed. I heard that it was only opening for people who have their boats inside the marina.
Posted By: BigRM

Re: joe pool - 08/07/15 11:58 PM

All ramps and parks still show closed on COE website no other info available.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: joe pool - 08/08/15 01:57 AM

Its getting there. Went to go get the boat ready for the weekend just to find out I left the power switch on killing a battery. But good news is I guess is that the water has receded below the little road that you use to get to dry storage so it is showing improvement. This is at Lynn Creek by the way. Still has a way to go. Hopefully Loyd will be ready soon. I miss my after work alone time.
Posted By: BigCaseyB206

Re: joe pool - 08/09/15 08:41 PM

I'm wondering about power to the dry storage? I rent a unit there for my boat and I'm anxious to get it back.

Also wonder if I get a break on the 2+ months that have passed since I was told to vacate on a unit I had to pay up front for?

Re: joe pool - 08/09/15 08:50 PM

You might, especially if your boat wasn't in it. I bought an annual pass that I haven't been able to use. I saw that they have come up with something for those and are suppose to call in to have them take care of it.

Re: joe pool - 08/10/15 02:25 AM

My boat is in dry storage at Lynn Creek and it has power. My plug and lights both work.
Posted By: BigCaseyB206

Re: joe pool - 08/10/15 02:42 PM

I guess I need to go have a chat with them. They sent me an email suggesting all units need to vacate, but can't let us know when it's okay to reenter? That's costing me money

Re: joe pool - 08/11/15 12:22 AM

I may need to check also because I have not received an email like that. I took my boat out before the water got over the road leading to dry storage and as soon as it went down far enough that my storage was dry and they opened that little section of fence in the repair area I put it back after asking the Marina people if it was OK.

Re: joe pool - 08/11/15 12:24 AM

I drove by there today on the way home and the parking lot is starting to pop out from the water.
Posted By: Brandon Adamcik

Re: joe pool - 08/11/15 04:12 AM

Hydrilla growing in parking lot beside boat slips. Probably a great dumpster bite.
Posted By: mharader

Re: joe pool - 08/11/15 12:39 PM

A friend of mine put his boat back in storage area yesterday

Re: joe pool - 08/11/15 02:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Brandon Adamcik
Hydrilla growing in parking lot beside boat slips. Probably a great dumpster bite.

Hydrilla on Joe pool?! No way!!
Posted By: wlgorman

Re: joe pool - 08/11/15 02:11 PM

I work for the City of GP and we got an email last week stating that they are trying to let out 1 foot per week right now. Just FYI
Posted By: dw173

Re: joe pool - 08/13/15 12:52 AM

The plan is to open by Labor Day weekend. Unless there is a change in the gate status it will likely be on schedule!

Re: joe pool - 08/13/15 01:53 AM

stopped by the gate today and it was rolling out pretty fast.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: joe pool - 08/13/15 02:27 AM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
roflmao

Loki agreed not having joe pool just means I zero less
Posted By: Perchy Perch

Re: joe pool - 08/13/15 02:38 AM

Quote:
stopped by the gate today and it was rolling out pretty fast.

That's the cleanest I've seen it. Usually there's a ton of trash on the ground. Good to see.

Re: joe pool - 08/13/15 03:16 AM

lots of trash everywhere, I was shocked. Second time I have stopped by there. It just pisses me off that people can't pick up after their self.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum