Texas Fishing Forum

White Rock Lake Sunrise Session

Posted By: GoodOleG

White Rock Lake Sunrise Session - 07/30/15 10:12 PM

Took the kayak out to White Rock yesterday morning to see if I could get into some bass. I was pleasently surprised to get into several nice bass. Ive fished this lake many times as I live very close but rarely find it worth my time. Although it wasnt an amazing day on the water it was productive. The first fish I caught was a drum which surprised the hell out of me! He fought hard and I thought it was a big bass until he showed himself. All in all caught 6 bass with the biggest being 2lbs or so. Nothing amazing but still nice to know I can fish the lake 5mins from my house and get on some fish! I plan on making some more morning trips soon to see if there are any bigger fish around! I have feeling there are some decent sixed bass and I would be stoked to pull a 5lber out of White Rock. Tight lines!!!

Posted By: Mulholland

Re: White Rock Lake Sunrise Session - 07/30/15 10:15 PM

heck of a lot better than I've ever done at WRL, good show man! I've hit the shore there maybe 3-4 times and always skunked. Never even bothered with my kayak or pond boat there back when I had them either lol

Re: White Rock Lake Sunrise Session - 07/30/15 10:24 PM

Its def a tough lake to fish! I'd be upset with that days haul at any other lake! But not WRL! Felt like I hit the lottery haha! Sad but true! At least we know there's a couple of bass swimming around in there! HAHA
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: White Rock Lake Sunrise Session - 07/30/15 10:59 PM

Awesome post. Thanks for sharing. cheers
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: White Rock Lake Sunrise Session - 07/30/15 11:18 PM

Nice fish. Good job.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: White Rock Lake Sunrise Session - 07/31/15 03:18 AM

Four more bass than I caught there!

Great scenery though!

Re: White Rock Lake Sunrise Session - 07/31/15 03:57 PM

At some points the lake looks super fishy and I've wondered why I'm not getting into them! Other times I can tell where fish will be and when I put a well placed cast in it pays off. It's a finky lake for sure. I believe there are decent sized bass in there just have to figure out how to get on them!!!
Posted By: T-Gauntt

Re: White Rock Lake Sunrise Session - 07/31/15 05:20 PM

Nice job. 6 bass on any lake is a good morning imo. WRL above all others seems extremely fickle to me. I used to live in the village, and fished it all the time. There are some fat chunkers in there. I always did well flipping dark colored jigs, and throwing chatterbaits. Just watch out for those bank beaters! I got one of their catfishing lines caught in my trolling motor one time, and was practically getting death threats.

Re: White Rock Lake Sunrise Session - 07/31/15 05:36 PM

Agreed Taylor! Wasn't a bad day at all! Hopefully I'll get into some bigger fish on WRL soon! I was throwing a black/chartruese jig but didn't catch any on it. They're in there just gotta Get'em out of hiding! I steer way clear of the bank beaters. They're a serious crowd when it comes to their catfishing! thumb
Posted By: "Old School"

Re: White Rock Lake Sunrise Session - 07/31/15 10:15 PM

We are also very serious about our bass fishing too! WRL is full of chunks, finding them is the trick. Looks like you had a fun morning. Congrats!!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum